With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Omegamon x Red Monkey Designs Wrist Watch, Pre-Orders Open

Digimon Adventure Omegamon x Red Monkey Designs Wrist Watch, Pre-Orders Open

Bandai is going high end with the next Digimon item...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A super fancy Omegamon watch.

Being made by the Bandai Fashion brand, this high end watch is certainly among the fancier Digimon items made in quite awhile.

We first found out about this item almost a week ago, so a good chunk of this info is from a prior article.

Officially announced and shown off at Anime Japan at the Toei booth, this watch is being made as part of a collaboration with leather accessory maker Red Monkey, and will also be branded as part of Digimon's 20th Anniversary.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Omegamon face on the front of the watch is carved from Silver 925 and was designed by Kenji Watanabe. The watchface will be handmade by a Japanese craftsman.

The main body of the watch is brass.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The leather wrist strap (belt) is, of course, made and designed by Red Monkey (including the buckle parts.) It's mentioned the leather and buckle pieces might be weathered and scratched because the items are made by hand, one by one in America, and is part of Red Monkey's style.

If you remove the watch from the wrist strap (perhaps to put on a normal watch band) you'll notice something on the back of the watch...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Agumon and Gabumon art by Kenji Watanabe inscribed onto the back.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The item will also come with a very classy bag with yet more Kenji Watanabe art, this time featuring MetalGarurumon, WarGreymon, and Omegamon's sword. The drawing will be gold foil that has been applied using gilding.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Initial orders will be allowed to order a 'first print' version that uses white leather to better represent Omegamon. The white leather has a unique texture that will apparently age very nicely.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The item is up for pre-order now at Premium Bandai (it's listed at Bandai Fashion also, but it just kicks you over to Premium Bandai to order.)

Omegamon Watch- Black Version
    Omegamon Watch- White Version

As for the price... 48,600 yen after tax. Orders close on April 20th at 11PM JST. The watches will ship in July.

At the moment it isn't clear what makes the white version a 'first print' edition.

The measurements for the watch are:
    Watch Body- Roughly 1.6 inches in diameter for the body and .55 inches thick (they specify this doesn't include the crown and other elements.)
    Leather Belt- The width is roughly 2.1 inches and it is roughly 10.75 inches long. There are six belt holes which are placed between roughly 7.5 inches and 9.5 inches on the belt.

Also, the bag artwork will appear elsewhere..

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A shikishi board of the bag artwork will be a prize in an campaign. To enter... you buy the watch. Three people will receive a high quality print which will be autographed by Kenji Watanabe.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition, we have a few photos of Kenji Watanabe discussing and working on the watch.

We will have a related interview translated as soon as possible.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan
    Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The link embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full store front and may have the item you want listed, so you may want to check that first.

Update- Added images of the watch on a wrist and the bag pulled shut via amiami.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar
    What an unexpectedly high end thing, and hear I am a broke ass fan. I hope the rest of the Fandom is in forbes richest.

I never knew I needed something so needless as this watch in my entire life, I MUST HAVE IT.

Almost thought "holy shit" it looks amazing. Not a fan of the wide leather belt. Completely ruins the design for me. I don't want that fat belt around my arm. I expected something more sleek I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebond View Post
    Almost thought "holy shit" it looks amazing. Not a fan of the wide leather belt. Completely ruins the design for me. I don't want that fat belt around my arm. I expected something more sleek I guess.
    It's meant to be fancy and stylish, not necessarily sleek.

The watch body itself appears standard though, so it'd be easy enough to replace with a more standard band.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Damn that is a nice watch. I'm not even a watch person and I think I need that. I may just have to-

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    48,600 yen after tax
    NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Damn that is a nice watch. I'm not even a watch person and I think I need that. I may just have to-

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    48,600 yen after tax
    NOPE.
    Tch... and I thought you were a real fan.

You could certainly sell a kidney or something and get the watch.

Hmm... it's coming out at a bad time for me. Maybe in 6 months or so, I'll finally be getting all my pay in arrears so I could purchase something like this.

Also, I really don't like the leather band design either. Too clunky for normal wear. Super hot and uncomfortable in the summer too!
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Someone buy me that watch. Lol. Joking aside, Even i can't drop for that thing and i work!

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    The artwork design is great (I am particularly fond of the back-to-back MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon picture)! But this watch is more expensive than a Nintendo Switch or the new iPad in USD lololol. Still, the high end stuff Bandai has been promoting is very cool...
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast