With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Character Song Album Chosen Children Version, Scans/Breakdown

Digimon Adventure tri. Character Song Album Chosen Children Version, Scans/Breakdown

It's been nearly a decade since the last time we got proper new character songs for Digimon.

The Digimon Adventure tri. Character Song Albums bring back that tradition with a set of fun new albums. First up is the Chosen Children version.

These scans are based on the LE version. Minus the normal version having a different primary color and missing the second booklet, there should be no differences that we are aware of.

The embedded files are smaller JPGs from our gallery, so those shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. Click the images for big versions.

The scans went well, but took an abnormally long time to edit despite no real issues. Only guess I have is my computer is starting to get older and worn down.

The CD was packaged in a CD-Album style case (the CD case most people are familiar with) with something quite unique to it that I'm not sure I've ever seen. The case is physically 'deeper' than the standard CD case. I assume this was to give more room for the multiple booklets to fit in without causing issues.

The cover is fantastic (and up at the top of the article.) It has the kids wearing classy clothing and in various poses around a block format Digimon Adventure tri. logo that I believe we haven't seen before. The poses appear like they may be, in general, 'band cover style' poses, but it's hard to say for sure. Mimi and Takeru both appear to be wearing hats similar to the hats Wada Kouji liked to wear (perhaps a slight nod to him near the anniversary of his passing.)

The cover is the front to a proper booklet that's decently sized for a CD booklet.

It opens to a track list page and a page with the lyrics to the tri. Version of Butter-Fly, which features a screenshot of the 8 Adventure kids in tri.

Each page after that shows a screenshot of one of the kids from tri., along with the lyrics and credits for their Character Song. It uses the tri. digital motif to a small degree, along with the color associated with the specific chosen child. The last lyric page is for the short versions of Brave Heart and I Wish and featuring a picture of Taichi holding his digivice.

The last two pages are general album credits.

The back cover is simply the tri. logo.

The second booklet, exclusive to the LE, is a small booklet featuring a signature from each of the actors who play the chosen children. We have translations of all the cast comments.

The booklet is full of short comments from the cast.

Some of the cast comments may have translation notes from garm.

Natsuki Hanae (Taichi): Let's go! Agumon!
    Yoshimasa Hosoya (Yamato): There's no one else but you...

Suzuko Mimori (Sora): Piyomoooon!!
    Mutsumi Tamura (Koushiro): To everyone: let's try to solve the mystery! Tentomon - drawn by Koushirou

Hitomi Yoshida (Mimi): Let's all sing and dance together ❤ Always following my heart! "Go My Way!"
    Junya Ikeda (Jou): I'm here now!

Junya Enoki (Takeru) : I wonder if I can become part of KOD too? (Patamon)
    M.A.O (Hikari): I got to sing for Tailmon and everyone!

Miho Arakawa (Meiko): Thank you! [in Umpaku dialect] It'd be great if you could enjoy looking at the lyrics while listening to the song!

The opposite side to Arakawa has the Digimon Adventure tri. logo, along with the 'DA tri.' text that was used on the cover of the album.

The back has nothing minus the catalog number.

A scan of the disc itself.

The disk keeps the theme tri. has had from the beginning, which is going with a very modern and minimalist design. I honestly love it. I like how the album name and the singers' names are all made with small squares, which lead to some creative lettering. The capital W and M especially went with a nice slim way to write them that is quite unique looking. Having the credits at the bottom right at a 45 degree angle helps tie it all together in a way that just looks clean and classy.

Because this was a full CD case, it had some art under the tray which I cracked open.

Just the album name and the singers again.

The reverse side of this is the actual back cover of the CD case. It uses the tri. digital motif to great effect, including a screenshot of a plane fling through the crowds.

On the left side of the case was an obi card.

Just the logo with some basic information and the UPC code here, along with a small version of the covers of the other releases for the Character Song Albums.

The release also came with a small sheet to take place in a lottery contest to win a CSA Digivice or one of the recent CSA D-3s (for those living in Japan of course.)

A sticker mentioning the lottery contest was on the outside of the plasticwrap. It's shown here at the same angle it was at on the CD case.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I quite like the release, the music is all of a good quality and it feels like the moods capture the characters well. Even places they could have cheaped out, they didn't (like Boku ni Totte being a new version of the song, or the various tri. songs being short versions that hadn't been commercially released yet.)

Digimon Adventure tri. Character Song Album Chosen Child Version is still available at CDJapan (Affiliate Links.) The limited edition likely will not last much longer if you want that version.

Digimon Adventure Tri Character Songs: Chosen Children Version
    Digimon Adventure Tri Character Songs: Chosen Children Version (Limited Edition)

The scans and breakdown for the Digimon version can be be found here.

Lots of Digimon and Appmon stuff is coming out soon and donations would be appreciated so we can make sure we can continue to get Digimon materials to share with everyone.

Images are hosted on our gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Thank you so much for sharing!! The cd looks so good!! Love it!

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Okay, how did I miss this? I remember hearing about the drama CD, but if the songs are good, I might try and find this ...

The art and character design is also fabulous --thanks for the glimpse! ^_^
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri)
    Current project: Gatomon plushie
    In the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    Paid my LE off this morning. Really excited for a new character CD. Thanks for the booklet info!
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

I come from the net
    This is nice. Real great release. Thanks a lot for this. Sure is the thing to try to get if you could get it.