With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appmon Ending at 52 episodes According to Anime Japan Flier

Appmon Ending at 52 episodes According to Anime Japan Flier

We've sort of, kind of, known Appmon's length for quite awhile.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We've seen the number 52 pop up in a few places: DVD solicitations, MIPCOM, etc.

We have something slightly more solid now though (since solicitations or even licensing info could be incomplete.)

At Anime Japan 2017 a flier is saying the series will run for 52 episodes. (Anime Japan has numerous business components to it, so slightly more technical bits of information are sometimes expected.)

So we can solidly say this... Appmon as we know it is ending after 52 episodes.

As for what, if anything, continues on after those 52 episodes... that's still unknown.

Digimon as a franchise has historically changed names and concepts on a normal basis; so whether we get a 'series 2' of Appmon, an entirely new Digimon series, or nothing directly after Appmon is currently unknown.

Hopefully we receive an image of the flier soon so we can see if it has any further information or details to clarify.

Thanks to ANN for the news.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Super! I think it is a very consistent schedule. Digimon series usually last around 50 episodes (with the excepction of Young Hunters and potentially Adventure tri.), and I found it great that they are going the same way with Appmon, cause in my personal opinion, I feel it is more enjoyable for a Digimon series to have this lenght, and later on, maybe have a sequel or a very completely different series, instead of releasing new episodes forever and ever, just in order to lengthen the plot as much as they can, which usually results in a loss of quality, as many other anime series are doing lately. Appmon is doing great so far, and the new arc that is about to start is very promising with the inclusion of Offmon (and potentially Onmon) in the main group, and all the stuff regarding the Deep Web and Leviathan & Minerva. So can't wait to know how the story is going to develop hereafter.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Digimon as a franchise has historically changed names and concepts on a normal basis; so whether we get a 'series 2' of Appmon, an entirely new Digimon series, or nothing directly after Appmon is currently unknown.
    Digimon Universe: Social Monsters, featuring Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Appmon's already got us pretty much covered as far as social media goes. It does make me wonder what other new monster types they might come up with for potential future "Digimon Universe" series. I can't think of any good ideas myself.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    I am super ok with this being 52 eps. I have no problem with it at all. It's a normal length for Digimon.

Digimon Universe: Cyber Sleuth anime, I hope.

Very happy with 52. 52 episodes tends to be your standard anime run length going based on an episode per week basis. I imagine it'll be divided into two halves of 26 with a new op and the new arc kicking off at 27.

In relation to what comes next, I'd say if we're going to get a new series shortly after this ends then it will be an appmon sequel. Can't see them just leaving appmon as a one series thing. Appmon seems to be where they want to go with the digimon franchise in relation to children anyway going forward.

I've been wanting a more mature anime for a while now and honestly feel that now would be the best time to do it. And if I had a choice to pick, I'd want a Cyber Sleuth anime adaption. Something that many people have been wanting since the original games release. Once Appmon is finished, I assume Tri will be finishing up as well so a cyber sleuth anime would be a great way to link the older and newer generations together if you ask me.

That said, I don't think they're going to abandoned Appmon altogether. I think the franchise will definitely continue in one way or another with how great it seems to be doing moneywise. Maybe Appmon 2 really is right in front of us. Preferably with a new cast or something

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    I've been wanting a more mature anime for a while now and honestly feel that now would be the best time to do it.
    I dunno, Appmon seems to be killing it in the merch department doing this whole Yokai Watch thing, while its more cerebral elements are critically underdeveloped. That lends itself toward the opposite trajectory.

I think its cerebral aspects aren't any more lacking than anything Adventure/02, Frontier, Savers, or Hunters had to offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast