With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 20th Anniversary Digimon V-Pet Interview, Other Anniversary Plans Touched On

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, every new Digivice/V-Pet release is totally welcome insofar as it's not something alike the Complete Selection Animation nor the AppliDriver. I'm especially wishing to get the D-Scanner ver.15th...
    I'm looking at you, US "Fusion Loader". -_-

Only thing it's really good for is a cosplay.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneWarrior View Post
    Your logic is not sound here. You want a Pendulum X more and you think they'd be lazier if they made a Pendulum =/= it is more likely they'd make a Pendulum X than a Pendulum.
    It looks like you missed the point of my post. I outright said that I'm for either just as much as the other (Which I said right there in the post you quoted - "I'm for a Pendulum 20th as much as I am for a Pendulum X 15th"), but my worry is that if they go with a Pendulum 20th, they'll likely just combine the lineups from the first 11 Pendulums, add Dracomon, Hackmon, and Zubamon's lines (And maybe Meicoomon's if they want to do Tri pandering, which the Digimon 20th seems to have avoided), and BOOM DONE without the decent number of additional Digimon that the Digimon 20th has. Which given the D-3 15th (Imperialdramon Mode Changes and Veedramon line only) plus the D-Ark 15th (Miko Modes, Leomon, Cyberdramon, and Justimon only, Meicoomon not counted because she's a Card Slash) is, you know... it's actually a legitimate concern. They don't have a "we actually have to do this" hook like they did with the Digimon 20th for a Pendulum 20th, because no additional levels. At least with a Pendulum X 15th, we'd get a couple of Digimon that otherwise wouldn't ever show up on a Digivice or game (I can't even count how many X Antibody Digimon haven't appeared as such on four hands, let alone two).

Short version - A Pendulum 20th won't have that many new Digimon compared to the 11 versions prior to act as a decent enough hook for people to buy one on top of the Digimon 20th if the D-3 and D-Ark 15th are a sign. The gameplay changes and stuff likely wouldn't be lazy, no... but I would bet bottom dollar that the roster of additional Digimon would be. That's what I'm afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, every new Digivice/V-Pet release is totally welcome insofar as it's not something alike the Complete Selection Animation nor the AppliDriver. I'm especially wishing to get the D-Scanner ver.15th...
    Completely agreed. Like I said, anything new for Digivices and v-pets is welcome in my book aside from CSA, Appli Drive, and as we saw just mentioned now, the US Xros Loader. Even Bandai Asia got a proper Xros Loader, come on now.

On the other hand, I don't think we'll get a D-Scanner 15th unless they change the gameplay completely, given how many kinds of barcodes are in play regularly now... most of which don't play nice with the D-Scanners. Here's to hoping that they figure that out though, because I would pay through the nose for a D-Scanner 15th if I had to.
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post
    They don't have a "we actually have to do this" hook like they did with the Digimon 20th for a Pendulum 20th, because no additional levels.
    They don't "have" to do anything. They didn't need to update the old V-Pets with no levels. Just like they didn't have to make new versions of the old Digivices with only a few new Digimon.

At least with a Pendulum X 15th, we'd get a couple of Digimon that otherwise wouldn't ever show up on a Digivice or game (I can't even count how many X Antibody Digimon haven't appeared as such on four hands, let alone two).
    You're the one assuming that a hypothetical Pendulum X 15th would definitely have every X-Antibody Digimon in it.

Short version - A Pendulum 20th won't have that many new Digimon compared to the 11 versions prior to act as a decent enough hook for people to buy one on top of the Digimon 20th if the D-3 and D-Ark 15th are a sign. The gameplay changes and stuff likely wouldn't be lazy, no... but I would bet bottom dollar that the roster of additional Digimon would be. That's what I'm afraid of.
    I fail to see how an anniversary of a far more popular device that combines all 6 (or 11 if you count the .5 releases separately) rosters for a much lower price plus some bonuses doesn't have "a decent enough hook" just because it doesn't add as many Digimon as a hypothetical anniversary version of a less popular device based around a very specific subset of Digimon redesigns.

You literally just pointed out that the anniversary Digivices had the same roster problem and yet they made those. So why does the same problem possibly existing in a Pendulum ver. 15th make one unlikely?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345