With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary Digimon V-Pet Interview, Other Anniversary Plans Touched On

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I'm still wondering why they don't even releasing the 20th anniv v-pet with full color LCD. I mean c'mon, Digimon had never have any official full-color LCD v-pets, meanwhile Tamagotchi had full-color for almost a decade.
    Fully agreed. I'm wondering the same thing, and I actually have a guess... a color screen v-pet will be saved for something that gets an actual retail release and not just via Premium Bandai like the Version 15ths and Version 20th were / will be. I think that it will completely depend on what the anniversary series (After Appmon) ends up being like in terms of when we can expect one.

Keep in mind, we haven't had an anime based on the v-pets yet, and the interview notes that Bandai is talking to Toei about an anime based aspect for the 20th anniversary...

And that's not all; we also have plans to bring the anime and related works into the festivities, and are currently holding discussions on the matter with Toei Animation.
    Like I said, it will mostly depend on what Toei does with the anime for the anniversary. If we get an anniversary season after Appmon based around the v-pets which of course would lead to v-pets being released retail, THAT would be when we'd get a color screen release. If they instead decide to tie Appmon and / or Tri into the anniversary, on the other hand... good luck getting a color screen v-pet, because we'd DEFINITELY need it in that case.
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post
    If we get an anniversary season after Appmon based around the v-pets which of course would lead to v-pets being released retail, THAT would be when we'd get a color screen release.
    Ooo, I like that idea. Címon Digimon: The Animated Series! You know, in retrospect, it is kind of odd that the first anime adaptation went in the epic fantasy direction of Adventure​ rather than something more like that. Certainly other monster-raising anime were doing it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    You know, in retrospect, it is kind of odd that the first anime adaptation went in the epic fantasy direction of Adventure rather than something more like that. Certainly other monster-raising anime were doing it at the time.
    I've never thought about it but that is actually a great point. You'd think they'd do would was immensely successful for other similar franchises at the time but they went completely off tangent. I'm glad they did it though, because I never had any consoles as a kid so the anime was my only experience with digimon and if it were just like all the other series I would have hated it so much. I used to despise Pokemon for the same reason, until I finally tried one of the games.
    キーモン:ブラストモード

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I am loving all the higher resolution official artwork. They need to put together a new artbook full of this stuff one day. It's great, probably my favourite part of this interview, lol.
    The large images are nice but for some of them the colors are definitely off... the most obvious cases being Ogremon and Angemon so that's really frustrating. My guess is that the source files were in some of format meant for print and the conversion to RGB screwed with the colors. I wish I knew a reliable way to get them back to normal...

So letís see, weíre probably going to get Alter-S and a couple others. With the conclusion to Tri in a few more months itís tempting to think they might be giving fusions to other pairs of Chosen, but if the designs havenít even been finalised yet then maybe not.
    I'm a bit worried about the new Digimon if they only appear in the V-Pet. Since they mentioned how trial and error was part of the original v-pets, that they might not release walk-through information and want to have people discover things on their own they might not release much information about some of the new species for a while even after the V-pet release to have them as "secrets" and in that case I'd wonder when they'll put up things like information and artwork for them at all. I might just be paranoid about this but I just don't want to be stuck with another case like BushiAgumon.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I'm still wondering why they don't even releasing the 20th anniv v-pet with full color LCD. I mean c'mon, Digimon had never have any official full-color LCD v-pets, meanwhile Tamagotchi had full-color for almost a decade.
    There was no way color would fit that particular product. I guess that's one of those aspects where Digimon is in an awkward spot right now; similarly to how tri is having issues with trying to break new ground in Digimon storytelling while at the same time having to pay lip service to all kinds of Adventure nostalgia, the 20th anniversary V-pet is clearly bringing new ideas to the table and is trying for an overhauled experience... but with a project like this they can't stray to far from the nostalgic V-pet in terms of style. Look how they emphasize and praise the 16x16 black and white sprite designs; even keeping the resolution and introducing color (like the dot sprites in the games) would be a big change from the old style and they know that.
    Maybe there will be more fitting opportunities at some point... but I guess first bandai would need to get convinced that it's even worth to produce more sophisticated V-pets as something other than limited collectors items just to get the ball rolling again.
    Last edited by Theigno; 03-24-2017 at 01:54 AM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Ain't got no mojo...

4gamer 20th anniversary digital pet interview

So I read the recent-ish interview with 4gamer about the vpet re-release and I caught something curious. My Japanese isn't the best but at one point they asked about what the plans for the 20th anniversary were and they mentioned something to do with re-releases of old electronics. Do you think this is a possible pendulum tease? It seems likely that more vpets are on the cards with the success of the 20th anniversary one already

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Oh, man, it's so awesome to get so much information--and even a video preview!

Also, it's not a V-Pet, but we did get a color-screened digivice toy with the X-Loader, so it's not totally new ground within the Digimon franchise. Personally, I rather like the classic black-and-white LCDs, so I'm glad they didn't do that for the Ver.20th, at least. Future products with color screens would be fine, though.

You know, in retrospect, it is kind of odd that the first anime adaptation went in the epic fantasy direction of Adventure​ rather than something more like that. Certainly other monster-raising anime were doing it at the time.
    I thought the same thing after reading C'mon Digimon and V-Tamer. I've actually been brainstorming a comic that tries to take that route (albeit with updated technology), because I think it would be cool to explore the concept. If they had gone that route, though, I imagine it might have been more similar in setting and plot to Medabots than, say, Pokemon or Monster Rancher. (Just to name some anime from that same time period.)

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Sinobali has translated to English the official gameplay video that was released a few days ago:

Some interesting stuff there. Apparently, you can choose between raising two Digimon at the same time or only one.

Ain't got no mojo...
    BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon were part of new Digimon in Vpet 20th so I wonder the fusion of these two will make new Digimon as well(expect new Omegamon variation)

Anyway, next year is Pendulum's 20th anniversary so expect a 20th Pendulum too. Also can we get a regular release already? Last time we get regular release is Xros Loader which is out 7 years ago(do not count that Fusion Loader digivice)

About the negotiations with Toei about anime, do not expect anything great of it since it is based on Digimon festival event. We got 2 short CG anime which is out around year 2009. Those were bad but fun(in short term)
    Last edited by Hikarunu; 04-17-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikarunu View Post
    BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon were part of new Digimon in Vpet 20th so I wonder the fusion of these two will make new Digimon as well(expect new Omegamon variation)
    The new Omegamon has already been released: https://wikimon.net/Omegamon_Alter-S

Also can we get a regular release already?
    In the interview they state pretty explicitely that there are no plans for a regular release.

We got 2 short CG anime which is out around year 2009. Those were bad but fun(in short term)
    If you're talking about the Digimon Grand Prix and Digimon Savers 3D shorts, those were not done for festivals, they have been around for a while and were originally theme park rides.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Anyway, next year is Pendulum's 20th anniversary so expect a 20th Pendulum too. Also can we get a regular release already? Last time we get regular release is Xros Loader which is out 7 years ago(do not count that Fusion Loader digivice)
    To be honest, I'm actually expecting either a Digivice 01 or a Pendulum X Version 15th (Or possibly both if we get lucky) rather than a Pendulum Version 20th. Next year is also the V-Tamer 20th and Pendulum X 15th, and we've already seen Bandai give us some pleasant surprises lately (Some of the Digimon chosen for the Version 20th and Hacker's Memory being the biggest examples)... so yeah, Digivice 01 and / or Pendulum X 15th. I don't see a Pendulum 20th coming up when there are two much better options, including one fans have been wanting for almost 20 years and hasn't happened yet.

That, and if the Version 20th is anything to go by (Ultimates / Megas and Fusions now being in there and the anniversary posterboys), what could they actually do to make a Pendulum 20th actually worthwhile compared to that? Simply combining the rosters from all 11 versions (1.0 to 5.0, the .5s, and ZERO) and adding the anniversary posterboys again just wouldn't get most people to buy a new classic Pendulum when the Version 20th is a thing. A Digivice 01 or new Pendulum X, on the other hand... there's a HUGE amount of "it prints money!" potential for both there for Bandai, and I see at least a Pendulum X 15th happening. Especially given that it looks like we aren't getting a D-Scanner 15th.
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast