With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory- International Release, More Info

So far it looks like everything it says it is. A big chunk of new digimon added in, some new areas, and a new story. Considering it was just announced, there's plenty of time for it to go either way, but I'm gonna stay optimistic. Even if the gameplay ends up feeling the same, since it's unfortunately a Vita title again and there's only so much you can do with "go through the dungeon and defeat the boss at the end", at the least there will be a new story and new characters.

I really would like the battle system and balancing to get an overhaul though. Too many bosses with immunity to things while they also dish out those horribly crippling status effects and spam stat buffs/debuffs. Type advantage being super overpowered. There not being a lot of different moves. Some digimon having horrifically bad stat distributions, or just incredibly underwhelming ones. A number of digimon getting ridiculously powerful moves or abilities that make them by far outclass anything else.

That said, it's still enjoyable enough to work, and I won't complain too much if nothing changes, but it would be nice to see improvement.

I felt like Cyber Sleuth was exemplary in terms of providing a really fun experience, had good flow/pacing, and a system that was not complex or demanding but it was just interesting enough to be worth the investment it required. Which is why I felt it was the best digimon game yet, for me. I couldn't be more happy with the news that we are getting a new story and additional locations, digimon etc within the same game essentially. I suppose there is a point to be made about whether it is worth a full game treatment (=price) but at the same time, I get a new installment of my favorite digimon game, so I am super excited and grateful! I hope they bring the update to the original game worldwide too.

Updated the news with a profile for the protagonist.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Digital:Fantasy's Avatar
    I saw fan art on pixiv that said it's been ten years since Digimon Story Sunburst and Moonlight (Digimon World Dawn and Dusk) was released in japan. Maybe the developers will have Sayo and Dianamon return in Hackers Memory. Maybe Koh if Coronamon's line is in the game.

Mirei will probably be in the game since she's been prominent for a while now.

First proper trailer for Hacker's memory can be found here, along with new discussion
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345