With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory- International Release, More Info

Dagomon is in the game as a boss!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Togetak View Post
    Completely baseless speculation, but the name "hacker's memory", the vagueness of it's relation to cyber slueth's plot (beyond that you're "not a hero", so you're not going to save the world like cyber slueth's protagonist did), the lack of any reference to the spooky tentacle monsters, and the idea of a crime you don't remember committing- all makes me think this might be set post-cyber sleuth but concurrent with when cyber sleuth's events occurred in the original timeline.
    I'm probably completely wrong, but when I watched CS' final cutscene the other day, when Kyouko is chasing a young man I was like "Is that Keisuke?" since it looked like him from behind.

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing where in the timeline HM will take place compared to CS.
    I haven't watched that cutscene in a while, but wasn't it Jimiken that she was chasing?

Quote Originally Posted by end. View Post
    Completely baseless speculation, but the name "hacker's memory", the vagueness of it's relation to cyber slueth's plot (beyond that you're "not a hero", so you're not going to save the world like cyber slueth's protagonist did), the lack of any reference to the spooky tentacle monsters, and the idea of a crime you don't remember committing- all makes me think this might be set post-cyber sleuth but concurrent with when cyber sleuth's events occurred in the original timeline.
    I'm probably completely wrong, but when I watched CS' final cutscene the other day, when Kyouko is chasing a young man I was like "Is that Keisuke?" since it looked like him from behind.

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing where in the timeline HM will take place compared to CS.
    I haven't watched that cutscene in a while, but wasn't it Jimiken that she was chasing?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was meant to be.

But from the angle given it looked like Keisuke which threw me off. Maybe if I watched it again I'd have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by end. View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if it was meant to be.

But from the angle given it looked like Keisuke which threw me off. Maybe if I watched it again I'd have a different opinion.
    Just rewatched it to make sure.

It's definitely Jimiken.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    No dub, no selectable gender, locations looking copy-pasted from Cyber Sleuth.

I liked Cyber Sleuth a fair bit, but not seeing a lot to get me excited about this one. Early days yet, but I hope they haven't just jumped on CS's popularity to make a quick cash-grab sequel.
    I mean... that's 100% exactly what this is. This is the Digimon Story series' MO. Make game engine, use game engine over and over until the end of the console's era. It doesn't mean it'll be a bad game. Hell, Digimon Story Lost Evolution is the best iteration of the original DS engine, even if it brings very little 'new' to the table.
    and I'm sure games like Pokemon are also using these attempts. But then I still will be kinda salty that it seems the exploring mechanic is predicted to be the same limited and narrow like the original CS. And then since the farm quests of CS sucks, including the plain function of the farm itself, I really doubt they're fixing it. Well, since it was "very well praised" by the Japanese fans and even non-fans, I doubt they will fix those fatal elements of CS that ppl usually have less or no complaint about.

Ain't got no mojo... Digimon'sDigitalWill's Avatar
    This game is exciting. Since Cyber Sleuth is really good and this buidl on it, expect good game. Adding on more and more for a few more games and there might actually be a digimon game that has all digimons. The best idea from this update is adding new digimon to the original since that way, raising two set of digimons would be possible and playing two stories would not have a clear drawback. Wonder whether there will be new digimons or not.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    one thing i really hope for is a rebalance, Piercing moves and status sicknesses have been extremly OP.
    they should also buff Digimons Mana, you run out of that so damn quikly, even more so in Multiplayer.
    and passive skills, some of them also been quite OP, especially if you run 3 of the same kind (MEtalGarurumon or MirageGaogamon)
    aswell as memory and equip slots, some Digimon have been extremly gimped compared to others.
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Junior Commander
    I have problems on armor lv digimon, they're mostly fricking worthless bcos mostly you can only get their evolution by defeating them first, and take the key item (digimental), but when you're playing them, they're horribly weak. That's such a worse game design, that's why I never evolve my V-mon into Fladramon or Magnamon, or Terriermon into GoldRapidmon, bcos such weak stat and high req. Whereas in SB/ML they cleverly make armor digimon more useful in earlier gameplay and even no req to evolve.

Other problems I have is the other equipped attacks, they felt too persona-ish and they aren't even that useful in any battles. I mean, they're just a bunch of attacks that had different elements, having both single and all enemy range, upgraded from I - III, physical and magical, some non elements support moves, and stat eff attacks. Such no real varations to the equipped attacks, I felt the DS Digimon Story series had way more variations for non-special attack moves, like multiple attacking, etc.

And oh yeah I don't like the fact that your digimon is an anythingmon in the end

I really want to be excited about this because I loved Cyber Sleuth, but this game just looks like they decided to collect up all the old assets from the first game to squeeze out this prequel/sequel/side-story game. From what has been shown, the game takes place in many of the same locations from the first game completely unaltered. This feels more like an expansion or a stand alone DLC than a full fledged game. Love the new character design though, almost looks like a young version of Seudou.

-Edit-

I don't mean to complain, I am just happy that we are now at the point where Digimon game localizations are now being announced at the same time as the JPN announcement (though, we still have to wait until early 2018 while Japan gets it later this year). Hopefully what we have seen so far is not completely representative of what is to come. I would like to see some new locations, new Digimon and some new combat options.
    Last edited by Rorimor; 03-23-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    "I'm Not Just Some Stranger, I'm Your Friend For Life!".
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, we've already seen new Digimon, and I think they said there would be new locations.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast