With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory- International Release, More Info

Junior Commander
    no Asia Physical edition for Vita. Boooooo, poor choice Bamco.

I don't really mind the lack of dub. I would have probably just ended up switching to the Japanese voices anyway if given the option. The Japanese voices are part of the experience. I really hope Dobermon/Anubismon's evolution line is in the game. With how many digimon are being added, I don't see why they wouldn't be

Well, I'm getting a PS4 and a Vita then. More things on my shopping list...

Part of me wonders if/when these new guys will get added to Linkz.

Still, if the European division got a confirmed release, I'm expecting the US release announcement to not be too far away.

I really hoping to get to partner up with aegiomon and his rightful evo-line, he awesome Digimon just like angemon

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Sucks that the original Cyber Sleuth won't be included in the European version. Probably it would be the same for an American release. But whatever. I can get both games if/when I ever own a PS4.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv7Fam View Post
    Well, I'm getting a PS4 and a Vita then. More things on my shopping list...
    I was going to ask everyone ... PS4 or Vita? Is there a platform you prefer?
    I've been meaning to upgrade (I have a Wii and DS Lite) for awhile ...
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Zekkaina Solo View Post
    Realistically, the question is... do you have a Vita?

If you don't, how interested are you in the kind of games coming out for it at this point. Most Vita games at this point are random ports, and whatever anime games come from Japan.

If that's what you want, and you can find something that fits what you want pricewise, awesome.

If not, the PS4 will cost more, but might be a better long term entertainment investment.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    No dub, no selectable gender, locations looking copy-pasted from Cyber Sleuth.

I liked Cyber Sleuth a fair bit, but not seeing a lot to get me excited about this one. Early days yet, but I hope they haven't just jumped on CS's popularity to make a quick cash-grab sequel.
    I mean... that's 100% exactly what this is. This is the Digimon Story series' MO. Make game engine, use game engine over and over until the end of the console's era. It doesn't mean it'll be a bad game. Hell, Digimon Story Lost Evolution is the best iteration of the original DS engine, even if it brings very little 'new' to the table.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekkaina Solo View Post
    I despise Digital releases so I'll be going with PS4. Had the Vita version been physical then I would've gotten it instead.

Completely baseless speculation, but the name "hacker's memory", the vagueness of it's relation to cyber slueth's plot (beyond that you're "not a hero", so you're not going to save the world like cyber slueth's protagonist did), the lack of any reference to the spooky tentacle monsters, and the idea of a crime you don't remember committing- all makes me think this might be set post-cyber sleuth but concurrent with when cyber sleuth's events occurred in the original timeline.

I like the idea of the story being in the aftermath of the universal reboot and with a plot attached to the fallout of it, but then again it'd be hard to separate the plots enough to not need prior knowledge of cyber sleuth in order for it to make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Togetak View Post
    Completely baseless speculation, but the name "hacker's memory", the vagueness of it's relation to cyber slueth's plot (beyond that you're "not a hero", so you're not going to save the world like cyber slueth's protagonist did), the lack of any reference to the spooky tentacle monsters, and the idea of a crime you don't remember committing- all makes me think this might be set post-cyber sleuth but concurrent with when cyber sleuth's events occurred in the original timeline.
    I'm probably completely wrong, but when I watched CS' final cutscene the other day, when Kyouko is chasing a young man I was like "Is that Keisuke?" since it looked like him from behind.

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing where in the timeline HM will take place compared to CS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast