With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: What do you think of this concept of a re imagining of the Digisoul for my game?

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar

What do you think of this concept of a re imagining of the Digisoul for my game?

So I have been thinking up concepts for my game, and given that savers is my favorite anime I wanted to take concepts from that and apply them as I can. My first thought was how the digivice ic was able to turn digimon into data and store them, I wanted to revisit this because I thought of it similar to how pokemon are stored in pokeball,s and it occured to me if you have a huge digimon like Mugendramon then if you were going to bring it with you where ever you go incase you get in a fight then it can't simply follow you around right?
    Anyway one of my favorite concepts from savers is the digisoul, partly because it allowed a human partner to be involved in the fighting but the punching thing got old.
    So while I was thinking about this I remember the species classifications, which were mainly in the original story games. I am already using these in my game, but I recall in the iC digivice toys they had a digisoul for each species.
    This got me thinking first thing I want to re imagine is the appearance of the digisoul. Not those colored outlines of boxes anymore, what I was thinking is is could to a more shapely appearance so like an aura, second each person could have a digisoul that is one of the species classifications. This would not only mean there digisoul aura would when envoke take a shape representing that species but means that a digimon of that species is their ideal partner, so if you have a dragon digisoul then war greymon, or imperialdramon would be idea for you. If you have a beast soul then metal garurumon, or mirage gaogamon.
    Plus traits con be attributed to each species a combination of which applies to the personilaty of person with that digisoul. So dragon, might include, hot tempered, fearless, tendency to be destructive, beast might be loyal, ferocious in conflict, patient, ect.
    This would make it fun for me to create computer characters and apply personality traits and assign a partner digimon.
    I was also thinking because often in these games the player character has a unique ability, and often on their shows little personality with out player influence that the main character could have an ability to change their digisoul to whatever the player wants when they want. So lets say you start out moving towards dragon, but then decide beast is better you just do things in a way that reflects the personality you currently want, lets say you want a dark personality you do mean things, make fun of others, be a rebel, make smart ass comments, manipulate others. and that doesn't have to be to neferious ends, you can be a jerk to bad people and it still works.
    This would make it easier to raise a digimon of that species, as well as capture them and even give them an advantage in battle. Plus you get to unleash a aura shaped like a dragon, or a lion, shark, spider, rose, Owl, demon, angel, to do amazing feats.

What do you guys think of this idea?
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Hmm... there are parts of this idea that I like!

What I'd take from this idea is that you could make a dialog-heavy game like a Visual Novel or a Bioware-style RPG where there are lots of alignment choices. Depending on your choices, you'd start falling into one of 8 personality types, and each personality type is associated with a Digimon Field/Digimemory/Digisoul. And perhaps that personality alignment is changeable over the course of the game, allowing you to specialize in raising different types of Digimon depending on how you play.

It sounds cool. It basically uses the idea of the Crests from the first season, which is never a bad place to start cribbing ideas.

Dragon's Roar (Dragons/Dinos), Nature Spirits (Beasts), Wind Guardians (Avian), Deep Savers (Aquaan), Jungle Troopers (Flora/Insect), Metal Empire (Machine/Mutant), Virus Busters (Holy), Nightmare Soldiers (Dark)

Courage, Friendship, Love, Sincerity, Purity, Knowledge, Hope/Light, Darkness?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    I was just going to stick to the species, to keep it simple, Dragon, Beast, Bird, Aquian, Dark, Holy, plus I divided Plant and insect, aswell as Machine and Mutant. So ten species, but I could see useing the virtues of the crests as titles or something you can earn with added benefits of course.
    I also see this idea adding to the story as a mechanic,
    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this idea?
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade