With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Durandamon a Vortex Warrior?

Is Durandamon a Vortex Warrior?

Recently was revealed a new Digimon that is the Mega form (Ultimate) of Zubamon! His name is Durandamon. For those who do not know "Durandal" is the name of a Legendary Sword of Mythology, and that is precisely what Zubamon and his evolutionary line represent "A Powerful Weapon".

For those who do not know there is a group called "Vortex Warriors" that exists in a parallel Digital World called "Witchelny" from where many Digimon came! Wizardmon, Witchmon, MedievalDukemon and etc.

The Vortex Warriors are a kind of "Royal Knights" that exist in this Parallel World. And the first and only Digimon we know of this group is MedievalDukemon. Precisely one of his characteristics is to have a Weapon created with the magic power of the Wind. The Medieval Duke has a Green Emblem on its Chest which represents the SAME COLOR of the Witchelny Magical World Wind Clan.

Where I want to go:

Durandamon is a Legendary Weapon Digimon. In addition he has a Blue (SAME COLOR of the Witchelny Magical World Water Clan) badge on its Chest with a symbol in the middle that closely resembles what MedievalDukemon carries.
    My theory is that Durandamon is another member of the Vortex Warriors, literally the first member we've met in 14 years.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Too early to tell at the moment, but I guess we can hope. At the moment I don't see what Durandamon has to do with water, though. Of course, I don't really see what MedievalDukemon has to do with wind either. Actually, MedievalDukemon's profile seems to imply that all of the Vortex Warriors use wind sorcery.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    yeah wait till we get a profile, also that emblem looks more like purple then blue
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Junior Commander
    Follow Emperordramon On Twitter Follow Emperordramon on DeviantArt Visit Emperordramon's Youtube Channel
    Would make sense, considering his name comes from the folklore blade Durendal of Roland's. It would fit in with the "medieval" thingy.

This would be an intriguing way to continue to release "Royal Knight" members given the history of fandom hype surrounding its members since it was first mentioned. I'd definitely be interested in getting some more info on Witchelny since we know so little about it. Time to be actively waiting the release of Durandamon's profile.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    This would be an intriguing way to continue to release "Royal Knight" members given the history of fandom hype surrounding its members since it was first mentioned. I'd definitely be interested in getting some more info on Witchelny since we know so little about it. Time to be actively waiting the release of Durandamon's profile.
    Agreed on that. If Durandamon is a Vortex Warrior, it took us longer to get who will only be the second one than it did for the Olympos XII as a whole to be revealed, let alone BAN-TYO. Remember, the reveals for the other members of BAN-TYO came out of nowhere compared to the Olympos XII - if we are getting the Vortex Warriors now, this is looking to be the same idea of a huge surprise based on the timing.

Also, I should note that I did mention something about the 20th anniversary posterboy's Ultimate likely ending up like this after the 15th anniversary posterboy's Ultimate was our final Royal Knight... granted, that prediction was also a HUGE shot in the dark, so I'm VERY surprised (Albeit pleasantly) that it's actually looking like something like the Vortex Warriors being revealed, something that until now would have been considered a huge pipe dream to many, may actually be happening.
    Last edited by WarOmnimon; 03-19-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Too early to tell at the moment, but I guess we can hope. At the moment I don't see what Durandamon has to do with water, though. Of course, I don't really see what MedievalDukemon has to do with wind either. Actually, MedievalDukemon's profile seems to imply that all of the Vortex Warriors use wind sorcery.
    His halberd is named Dynas and contains the power of the wyvern. Dynasmon is a wyvern/wind themed Digimon who evolves from Silphymon, a wind elemental.

I'm a Maniac
    Like I said in the news thread for Durandamon's reveal, I think he might be another Witchelny general of the likes of Medievaldukemon. If this is true, Durandamon would likely be the general that commands the digimon who use weapons made by water sorcery.

I don't see how any of that "evidence" adds up to much at all since it basically comes down to "it's a knight with a strong weapon and a crest". Of course any ultimate Digimon will have some sort of super powerful weapon. And classical knights in general tend to have crests, that doesn't mean they are part of any group. There is no resemblance between durandamon's and MedievalDukemon's crest other than both being symmetrical... which again is a very common design point for coat of arms in general.
    and none of Zubamon's other forms have anything to do with either witchenly or any kind of elemental association except maybe "steel" due to their swords which is not even one of the magical element systems in witchenly and therefore irrelevant.
    Even if it was... the opening post severely misconstrues the actual definition of the Vortex Warriors given in MedievalDukemon's profile.
    Firstly, nowhere is it stated that the Vortex Warriors are some Royal Knight equivalent.
    Secondly there is no indication of all vortex warriors being Witchenly generals, in fact the wording implies the opposite: MedievalDukemon's position as "Whirlwind general" gives him the power to govern the other vortex warriors... in other words the other members of the group are probably not Generals but hold lower ranks and are quite possibly weaker than MedievalDukemon.
    Also the Vortex Warriors only use wind sorcery. The profile lists the other magical systems as clarification but restricts the vortex warriors to that single element.
    So if it were indeed possible to connect Durandamon to one of the other magical systems in witchenly it would not confirm him as a vortex warrior but disqualify him.

And of course there is the complete absence of any mention of witchenly or elements in the profiles of any of Durandamon's previous evolutions. This is important; Because the thing about MedievalDukemon's design is that he's some parallel universe alternative version of an preexisting Digimon created years after the original... whereas Durandamon is part of a brand new line designed with a specific vision in mind, and usual this kind of vision is constant throughout evolutions. Coronamon has a sun and fire theme and ends up evolving into a god connected to fire and the sun. Hackmon starts off as a young adventurer training to become a royal knight... and in the end becomes a royal knight. Aegiomon is greek mythology themed Digimon using electrical attacks... and ends up as a god of thunder.
    That's the kind of explicit connections we can expect from "Event" Digimon, so the final evolution suddenly being connected to witchenly or elemental magic when there was no indiciation of that in the line previously.... that's quite a stretch.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    Like I said in the news thread for Durandamon's reveal, I think he might be another Witchelny general of the likes of Medievaldukemon. If this is true, Durandamon would likely be the general that commands the digimon who use weapons made by water sorcery.
    Agreeable. In my opinion, that depends on if his coat of arms is actually blue or purple. When talking about the four basic elementals (Earth, fire, wind, water), purple is usually associated with wind than water in most media I've noticed. If it's purple, he's likely a Vortex Warrior if not his own Digimon... but if it's blue, that argument definitely holds weight, and that's IF he is a Vortex Warrior or something similar. I'll get to that in a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    I don't see how any of that "evidence" adds up to much at all since it basically comes down to "it's a knight with a strong weapon and a crest". Of course any ultimate Digimon will have some sort of super powerful weapon. And classical knights in general tend to have crests, that doesn't mean they are part of any group. There is no resemblance between durandamon's and MedievalDukemon's crest other than both being symmetrical... which again is a very common design point for coat of arms in general.
    Agreed for the time being especially. I must note that I can't recall any other Digimon save for Duke (D-Cyber reference there ) who do have such a crest, so even if Durandamon does end up being his own Digimon and not part of a group, it's still a neat nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    and none of Zubamon's other forms have anything to do with either witchenly or any kind of elemental association except maybe "steel" due to their swords which is not even one of the magical element systems in witchenly and therefore irrelevant.
    Even if it was... the opening post severely misconstrues the actual definition of the Vortex Warriors given in MedievalDukemon's profile.
    You're right in most aspects there, but on this one I'm gonna have to disagree. First, the same thing you said about Zubamon's previous forms can be said about MedievalDukemon's previous forms (Guilmon X, Growmon X, MegaloGrowmon X). They don't give any sort of connection to Witchelny or any of the four elemental systems either. The profiles of Sakumon to Zubaeagermon also do not reference the possibility of Durandamon being a Vortex Warrior (Or potentially something similar such as perhaps a different elemental's general as Neilandio pointed out) at all, but if you look at Duramon's profile, there is a possible hint at a connection to Witchelny...

As it continues to sprint forward, this Perfect level Digimon is a step closer to crossing into the world on the other side.
    Perhaps Witchelny is the "world on the other side" referenced here? Just saying.

Anyway, the writing is actually on the wall to allow the possibility, but of course even right now it's all been speculation and Durandamon might be on his own after all is said and done. The bottom line is, the possibility is actually there but not set in stone yet. We'll know for sure tonight / tomorrow if any of our speculation (Of which we all have our different opinions on it and we have all been respectful about it) is truth or fiction given that Durandamon's profile will be going up then. Not too long of a wait now...
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast