With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Domez Series 1, Review and Images

I'm a Maniac
    i think gamestop stores in my area only stock the one box. I tried to go to a couple, and they didn't have the items. However, in the OP it states they weren't suppose to be out until march 24th. I really hope they do restock them, I'm missing two digimon.

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    How much does a full box cost? The other thread only mentions the price for 1 bag. Is it just the price of 9 bags? Or is it more because of the display one, or less because you're buying them together?
    Missed this post because I was typing up the update earlier.

As far as I'm aware it would be however many are in the box at the time, and if the store chooses to let you have the box or not.

I think 'in theory' the display one is part of the box... so I guess it'd be up to them and their stocking system if they sell it to you or not?
    It probably depends on the store, but the one I went to charged me for six (the amount of blind bags left in the box) and when I asked, they let me have the box since I was buying everything they had left. So technically, I got the display character (Palmon) "for free" which I was happy about, because everything was doubles: I have an extra Agumon, Biyomon, and Patamon ... Don't know if I should look for more or just try and trade with people. I really want a Gatomon, but even a character I don't have would be good. >_<
    Last edited by Zekkaina Solo; 03-22-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Maybe the idea is to encourage people to trade?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I think the idea is to get people to spend more money ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Maybe the idea is to encourage people to trade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    I think the idea is to get people to spend more money ;P
    LOL, I think you're onto something ... Me, being stupid, went and got more and now I have x2 Agumon, x2 Biyomon, x2 Patamon, and Palmon to trade/sell ... Darn. :-P

The cashier said that she got a Biyomon and Gatomon, so maybe I should have known a Gatomon wouldn't be there. :-(
    I know Greymon is rare/a chaser, but it feels like certain Digimon are more common than others (i.e. Agumon, Biymon, Patamon) based on what people are reporting here ... ?

At this point, I give up until I can trade or sell some of these guys ... The prices on eBay are ridiculous to me, but I might be forced to just fill in my set from there. :-/

Edit: So Marc, if those extra Gatomon and Gomamon in the review post aren't already spoken for ... ? Is swapping/purchasing possible?
    Last edited by Zekkaina Solo; 03-23-2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Typo spotted. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekkaina Solo View Post
    Edit: So Marc, if those extra Gatomon and Gomamon in the review post aren't already spoken for ... ? Is swapping/purchasing possible?
    At this point my 'general' plan is trade a bit, and likely do a contest for some of them.

At the moment I'm not jumping to do it 'right now' because even with donations covering some of it, cash is still tight, and there is a decent number of Japanese things coming out in the next few weeks to archive, so I have to make sure my own cash can fill in any donation holes on those items before I put money towards shipping trades for myself.

You can PM me though and I'll keep you appraised and hold a Gatomon and a Gomamon for trade for you though.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

No worries --that sounds good to me!
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

I'm just gonna wait for a full set to be put up on ebay haha. Living in Ireland i'm going to need to import anyway so might as well try and get the set first time around.

If an official box had a complete set of 9 in it I'd happily buy that though

Outside Gotham (okay, I meant Chicago, which was filmed for at least TWO of Nolan's Batman films)
    I was surprised to come across these when I went inside a Hot Topic earlier today and didn't know they existed until today.

They were for $6.90 each at one of the HT locations near me but the store had a deal of buying 2 of anything in the store and get the third item free. I ended up paying $4.60 each and got 1 Agumon, 1 Patamon, and 1 Gatomon.

Is it just me or does the packaging give off a strange chemical odor?

Quote Originally Posted by KoushiroIZZYIzumi View Post
    Is it just me or does the packaging give off a strange chemical odor?
    You likely got one fresh from the factory.

Various plastics will smell if they haven't had time to air out.

Years ago I used to collect DVDs to a ludicrous degree, and it wasn't unexpected to get one that had a very specific odor to it every once in awhile.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast