With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Domez Series 1, Review and Images

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vipertongn View Post
    for me, there was 9 figurines and then the display one. Haha i listed biyomon twice cus i have 2 biyomons. I asked the store clerk if they will restock, and they said they don't know... I hope they come in boxes, because I want to go back to check on the next few figurines
    I'd be curious to know how the display stuff is setup since the distributor lists 24 to a 'display box', but I doubt you could fit 24 of the blind bags in.
    I agree, the 9 that were in there seemed to fill the box a decent amount. 24 would be pretty crammed

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Maybe this is gonna be an unpopular oponion or not, I don't really care, but I utterly hate this kind of releases, cause the Toei art used in the box indicates that this is a Digimon Adventure related material, not even a tri. related one as we could have been expected with the release of tri. in the West, and that sucks, cause it feels like in some strange way, Bandai Europe, or USA, or whatever, don't let the Western fans to grow up in the franchise, I mean there's a lot more than the first season of Adventure (I used to kind of think that way before), cause they don't really let potential new fans know about this stuff, even more now that with tri. it's the perfect chance imo. As a Western fan of Digimon, I noticed of the entire Universe of Digimon just by myself, so I cannot imagine how uninformed are casual fans. I really hate that they promote Digimon overseas as this series "stuck" in nostalgia, as they tend to do with some others.

I agree it's a bit odd. Especially since Patamon in the figurine, plush design looks the same as the deka Patamon plush that was released as tri. merch. Toei probably just said "Here's the logos we want you to use" and went with that. Which is a bit lame, but whatever. At least the plushes looks somewhat decent!

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

To be clear, these are Season 1/Adventure branded products, and that should be expected.

The logo, the characters, etc. The goal is to get as many people to buy them.

The name tri., that logo, any additional characters, even the name 'Digimon Adventure' may mean something to us, but not to the many people who might come across it in a store who haven't payed attention to Digimon since they were kids.

If you walked into say, a Hot Topic, looking for Power Rangers stuff, not including the new movie (or potentially the new show), nearly everything is going to be MMPR. Because that's the audience being aimed at. The grown up fan who long ago stopped paying attention.

They don't have to aim 100% at the hardcore fan, because hardcore fans are going to likely want this stuff anyways.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

There may be a way to identify them that I'm not aware of (I did look, but everything looked identical to me.)
    Might the UPCs on the bags be different? Since I don't work at those stores I'm not sure if it rings up under one item as a whole or if the system tracks individual sales, but it might be worth it to check if the last few digits on the UPC are the same or not. It wouldn't tell you which one is which obviously, but would at least allow you know if they're different.

Ain't got no mojo... jessdotjpeg's Avatar
    i'm wondering if people would be interested in trading their doubles. I bought an entire box from gamestop and I'm only missing gabumon and gatomon. I have extras of biyomon, patamon, agumon and biyomon.
    Honestly, I was wondering the same thing. I bought 4 as a Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal at ThinkGeek, but ended up getting 2x Gabumon and Gomamon. Collecting them all just by diving into blind bags is going to be a lot of work, and a lot of money lost to duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by GrungeCat View Post
    There may be a way to identify them that I'm not aware of (I did look, but everything looked identical to me.)
    Might the UPCs on the bags be different? Since I don't work at those stores I'm not sure if it rings up under one item as a whole or if the system tracks individual sales, but it might be worth it to check if the last few digits on the UPC are the same or not. It wouldn't tell you which one is which obviously, but would at least allow you know if they're different.
    I definitely inspected the UPCs on each of my blind bags, and the numbers are exactly the same. They are truly blind.
    Last edited by jessdotjpeg; 03-21-2017 at 12:00 PM.

How much does a full box cost? The other thread only mentions the price for 1 bag. Is it just the price of 9 bags? Or is it more because of the display one, or less because you're buying them together?
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

Added information to the article about the retail setup of the Domez that Zag sent.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Thanks for the thorough review, Marc! After calling my local Hot Topic and finding out how much they were selling them for, I decided to pass, but now that I see how big the figures are, I'm gonna try and find some.

The "dome" is actually quite brilliant on Zag's design team to truly make the figures "blind/random" 'cause there's no way to "feel" the figure to try and guess which character is inside ... =(

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    Are the plushes really going to be blind too? THat's actually a pain. I was planning on collecting all 8, and seeing how the odds of getting different ones seems to be low.. *stares at your three gabumon and gatomon*. I'm not too hopeful I'll have a complete collection.
    Yeah, those looked like they were in boxes ... I hate blind boxes. =P

i'm wondering if people would be interested in trading their doubles. I bought an entire box from gamestop and I'm only missing gabumon and gatomon. I have extras of biyomon, patamon, agumon and biyomon.
    I'd be willing to trade! I'm going to attempt to find some of these Domes tomorrow --I see them on ebay now, but they're really marked up in price. =/
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    How much does a full box cost? The other thread only mentions the price for 1 bag. Is it just the price of 9 bags? Or is it more because of the display one, or less because you're buying them together?
    Missed this post because I was typing up the update earlier.

As far as I'm aware it would be however many are in the box at the time, and if the store chooses to let you have the box or not.

I think 'in theory' the display one is part of the box... so I guess it'd be up to them and their stocking system if they sell it to you or not?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast