With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory Announced for Playstation 4/Vita in Japan

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory Announced for Playstation 4/Vita in Japan

After last night's excitement of Digimon game producer Habu confirming that the rumored Exmachine game didn't exist we have info on the real next game via early scans of the next V-Jump.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory will be a new Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth related game with a brand new story.

It will be released on Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita later this year.

The new protagonist is named Amazawa Keisuke (and of course you can change his name.)

And since they are building off Cyber Sleuth, the game will have over 320 Digimon (in fact, while we don't have the full scan yet, you can already see some of the new Digimon in the image above.) Assuming they keep the entire Digimon lineup from the final version of Cyber Sleuth, that means they are adding roughly 70 Digimon.

Some of the new Digimon included in the images: Strikedramon, BaoHackmon, Dinobeemon, Unimon, Grademon, Sangloupmon, and Crescemon.

In addition, the game will also include Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (likely being included since the PS4 version was never released in Japan.)

At this time there is no info on a non-Japanese release.

Thanks to Exiled for the heads up and KuwabaraTheMan from NeoGaf for details.

Update- Added an actual list of the new Digimon we can see so far. Thanks saifors for the list.

We also get a look at Keisuke using his VR headset (or shall we say... VR goggles?)

Translations of any further readable details as soon as possible.

Update- Some translated bits care of good ol' garm.

Keisuke: A boy who was accused of a crime he does not recall committing, and ended up diving into the world of hackers.

They state it being 'the other side of the sleuths' story', which may allude to a timeframe, or may be a metaphor that the story will involve things the characters in CS didn't know about.

There is also a bit about "revealing the true identity of the hacker who got you into this mess", but garm says to much of it is cut off to see anything else.

Update- Better images added above. Original images below.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Original images were thanks to Digisoul and rastadog77.

Also, some additional translated bits from garm! (She didn't translate the partner profiles, as she said they were just shortened versions of prior profiles for those Digimon.)

Become a "Hacker" and get back your place in the world!
    - Discover the true identity of the hacker who set you up as you resolve various incidents in cyberspace!
    - Travel between the real world and cyberspace to resolve various incidents!

In addition, thanks to Gematsu, we know that Bandai-Namco applied for the trademark for "Hacker's Memory" today (3/20) in Europe. This was expected, and doesn't suggest any specific release period.

Update- A few more bits of info...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

We have the first proper screenshots of the game. Shots 4 and 5 are from Gamer.

The first 3 are from the just opened official website for Hacker's Memory.

In addition, we have the first video footage.

If the embed doesn't work you can view it here.

This is silent game footage running in the background of the official website.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

That digimon number is amazing, especially considering it'll likely keep Cyber Sleuth's trend of most digimon having around 4+ evolutions. Hope this time we're gonna spend more time in the digital world.

Hmm, I wonder if it'll be a side story or maybe a prequel? I doubt it'll be a sequel.

Still, interesting stuff.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    The screenshots show only new digimon: Strikedramon, BaoHuckmon, Dinobeemon, Unimon, Grademon and Sangloupmon in the digifarm one. Crescemon in the one above it. And the one below seems to be below it.
    I'm really hyped for this, constantly checking Twitter if the rest of the scans have surfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if it'll be a side story or maybe a prequel? I doubt it'll be a sequel.
    While we don't have enough story details to say if it's a story 'sequel' (since generally speaking that has certain story connotations), this sort of new game/re-release has been done before.

The primary example I can think of:
    Castlevania Legacy of Darkness was a new game, with new playable characters and story that took place in the same 'areas' as Castlevania 64. It also included an enhanced version of the original game.

Also added the names of the new Digimon we can see so far since saifors provided a list.

It is of course a 'sequel' to Cyber Sleuth in the sense that it's a 'new' Cyber Sleuth.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I hope we get Megidramon and Dorugoramon.

Also, I do hope we get everything from Next Order and Linkz in this game, even if it'll make the "70" new mons less interesting, it's for the best, I feel.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    C'est la crème de la crème!! Insta-buy for me! Habu-san is a quality assurance. Regarding the new additions:
    -Crescemon, I like it man!
    -BaoHackmon, it's fair.
    -Grademon, just ok.
    -Strikedramon, same here.
    -Sangloupmon, as long as it means GrandDracumon too YAAY
    -Dinobeemon, kind of meh.
    -Unimon, are you kidding me? ...
    XDD

Anyways, I really need the rest of the Olympos XII, the Spirit Digimon, as well as other favourites like BelleStarmon and Ogudomon in this new entry!! ^_^

On a side note, is this guy the very first black-haired Google Boy?

Ain't got no mojo... Chocobunnymon's Avatar
    Im both excited and annoyed by this. Im glad we get to do more in the cyber sleuth universe and there will be more digimon but I'm not looking forward to buying the game again. Im also not keen on digimon going down the release game then release base game+more content route like other series do.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    On a side note, is this guy the very first black-haired Google Boy?
    Taiga from re digitize had black hair too if I remember correctly

Follow Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    Cannot contain how excited I am for this. Cyber Sleuth is one of my top 5 favourite games.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast