With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory Announced for Playstation 4/Vita in Japan

I just had a thought, say this game gets localised.

I wonder if they'd give it a dub especially since the original Cyber Sleuth is included.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    I just had a thought, say this game gets localised.

I wonder if they'd give it a dub especially since the original Cyber Sleuth is included.
    I would assume they'd dub the new game, and there would be a note that the original game is not dubbed.

Assuming we would get the original game included.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Que gif of Jeff Goldblumg saying, "there it is"

Nice to know we finally have 100% confirmation on this. Can't wait to see what the dubbing is like since I assume it's going to be dubbed too.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Yeah BOI !!!

I just finished Cyber Sleuth an hour ago so this is awesome news. <3

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    so since they include Cyber Sleuth it kinda makes me wonder if Hackers Memory is a full game or just an add-on story with 2-3 chapters and maybe 10-20hours

Junior Commander
    Hackers Memory is a whole new story to cyber sleuth's setting. The package can probably mean they're making similar campaign like God Eater 2 RB in west which is bundled with God Eater Resurrection

Follow Touya On Twitter Visit Touya's Youtube Channel
    So there's an English-scanlated version of both V Jump pages making the rounds on the net. It was translated by Shonengamez, the same group that scanlated -next 0rder-'s page in 2015. I've compared their translation to the original, and while the higher quality of the images is appreciated, there are several inaccuracies;
    • Tentomon's and Betamon's profiles say they are "grew up with Keisuke." In reality, they should say the Digimon are "Child-level."
    • They mistranslate Keisuke's backstory. Their version: "After someone caused an incident which made him lose his memory, he finds himself thrown into the hacker's world." My attempt: "A boy who plunges into the world of hackers, having been made the criminal in a case he does not remember." (身に覚えのない事件の犯人にさせられ、ハッカーの世界に飛び込むことになった少年。)
    • They mistakenly copypasted the blurb about the game under Gotsumon's profile instead of translating it.

They did get one thing right in particular that I haven't seen other publications nailing. They translated the article's tagline as "A story of what's behind the Cyber Sleuths themselves!!" Here "Cyber Sleuth" is written as Dennou Tantei like when characters refer to the protagonist or Kyouko in the script, but with Saibaa Suruusu as the pronunciation guide. Adding "themselves" to the translation makes it clear that this is supposed to refer to the previous game's characters. (Rather than being "behind Cyber Sleuth [the game]" it's "behind the Cyber Sleuths [the characters]."

That bit is interesting, as it suggests Hacker's Memory will deal with something on the "flipside" of Takumi/Ami and Kyouko. Perhaps parts of the sequel run concurrent to the first one? There is room to fill in the gaps during Kyouko's disappearance. Page 2 has screenshots showing Akihabara, Odaiba, a dungeon that looks like a recolored Avalon Server, and Cool-wrong. Beginning with HM set after chapter 10 of the first game, going from there and then switching to the new world halfway through would mesh with this kind of asset reuse quite nicely, as you'd have opportunities to use both versions of each real-world map.

Added better images and some additional bits from garm, along with the detail about the European trademark filing.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    (Scratches head.) The games get increasing attention in the West even as the anime catches fewer eyes than ever. What a world.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast