With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Appmon Key Art and Casting Information, Update- Cast Comments!

New Appmon Key Art and Casting Information, Update- Cast Comments!

We finally have new Appmon key art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The new key art features some of the updates coming for the new story arc, including Yuujin and Offmon.

Just recently we received the cast information for the new rival characters, the Ultimate 4!

In addition to the fantastic new art, we also get even more cast information!

First up is Offmon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Offmon will be voiced by Yu Shimamura. Shimamura is probably best known as Annie from Attack on Titan, Cure Flora from Go! Princess Pretty Cute, and Aida in Gundam Reconguista in G.

Update- A short profile for Offmon:
    Yuujinís Buddy Appmon. An offline game Appmon. Offmon has a reserved personality and is somewhat timid.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Offmon will, of course, be parented up with Yuujin, who will continue to be played by Makoto Furukawa. Furukawa is probably best known as One-Punch Man.

In addition we also know who will be playing Dantemon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Rikiya Koyama! A major voice actor with an insane amount of signature roles, included but not limited to: Kogoro Mouri in Detective Conan, Joichiro in Food Wars, Azazel in High School DxD, Yamato in Naruto Shippuden, and Death in Soul Eater.

Thanks to Moca for the info!

Appmon's new story arc is expected to start at roughly the same time as when it moves to it's new timeslot, Saturday at 9:30am on April 1st.

Update- Cast comments! Thanks to shin for the translations! In addition, a short profile for Offmon was added up above.

Makoto Furukawa (Yuujin)
    Yuujin hasnít been involved with the Applidriversí fight until now, but he can finally join the fight as a new Applidriver along with his new Appmon! Iím happy that I can fight along with the others from here on out. Please support Yuujin, along with Haru and the others onwards!

Yu Shimamura (Offmon)
    Iím incredibly happy to be participating in a project packed with so many fun ideas like Appmon. Offmon isnít comfortable connecting with people, and is usually hesitant, but when needed itíll jump into action. Look forward to it! Also, since the first day of recording, it canít help but be interested by its Buddy, Yuujin.

Yumi Uchiyama (Haru)
    The story is shifting in a big way towards the decisive battle against Leviathan as a we break into a new chapter. Itís exciting to think about what kind of challenges are waiting ahead, but I get the feeling that Gatchmon and his incredible friends will overcome things together going forward, so please do continue to support Haru-kun and the others!!

So please continue to support Haru and the others, as I feel that Gatchmon and their amazing friends overcome things together going forward.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Haha, Revivemon looks great there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Haha, Revivemon looks great there.
    "BLARGHGHGHGHLLL" is what immediately popped into my head, honestly.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Whoa, itís almost exactly the same as the Death Generals poster. I thought Yūjin would be a rival character but it looks like heís becoming part of the main cast. Then again, Rei was a separate entity for far longer than I expected. Isnít Yūjin supposed to be possessed though? Be a bit weird for his eyes to glow whenever he stalks Haru otherwise. Nevertheless, it would be very interesting if heís been operating as a hero behind the scenes this whole time, and upon joining with Haru, they clash over their different approaches to heroism. It would be a nice inversion of the usual lone wolf lancer shtick in this franchise, and a great payoff on the whole conceit of Haru being an unorthodox protagonist and Yūjin being more of what we expect from a goggle boy.

Also, question: did we ever get VA publicity blurbs for Mienumon, Coachmon or Sakushimon? Because if not, the fact that Dantemon is getting one makes it seem like he really will be a major part of the story, not just a MacGuffin who disappears after an episode or two of relevance. More fuel for my theory that he evolves into Deusmon! I like that: this franchise needs more Saber Leomon type characters, secondary digimon who are partnered to the team as a whole.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 03-16-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Also, question: did we ever get VA publicity blurbs for Mienumon, Coachmon or Sakushimon?
    I write the VA blurbs to give context to who the new VAs are.

Most of the time there are general character blurbs in general episode promotional material, which we don't post on a normal basis.

I included Dantemon's actor, as he, up to this point at least, has been where the plot is going to.

The new key art and info was included in the new episode stuff (along with an actor I didn't list, for Cometmon, as I think he's a single episode or two villain.)

There are cast comments from the actors who play Offmon, Yuujin, and Haru. They'll be up when the translations are done.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    Waiting warmly for next OP/ED announcement. I hope it's hotblooded instead of something like Xros Wars OPs 2 and 3.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    I dunno mate, an airy, ambient opening fits Appmon even better than ◊ros Wars.

Add clanc on Facebook
    What's with Appmon having so many well known VA?

I come from the net
    Ha. Offmon is hilarious and cute. ...I sort of hope Onmon shows up too. Maybe as his Applinker. ...What were they in the game?

Added a short profile for Offmon, along with cast comments regarding the upcoming second arc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast