With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Jack [Season Five Discussion]

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter

Samurai Jack [Season Five Discussion]

Jack is back. Back to the past

After being off the air for 14-15 years, Samurai Jack has returned to television with a fifth and final season that premiered on Adult Swim last Saturday, March 11th. The new season takes place 50 years after the last episode of Season 4, featuring a much more haggard version of the titular wandering samurai, who apparently has not aged due to the effects of being involuntarily flung forward in time by his archenemy Aku, "the shapeshifting master of darkness", and the ruler of the Bad Future that he was sent to in the pilot. He also has lost his magic sword, the only thing that can defeat Aku.

The final season will run for 10 episodes and, hopefully, give a proper ending to the series.

Anyone manage to catch the first episode?
    Last edited by Tetra Seleno; 03-15-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

My television provider doesn't have it so I'll have to wait for the physical release.

I am real excited for it, and I've heard good things about the first episode.

I come from the net
    It was pretty good but there are a lot of questions. You thought he was a bit messed up just getting to the future, add 50 years to that.

Watched the first episode.
    Loved how they are retaining the artstyle and theme of sequences from the old Samurai Jack! Animation is just beautiful as well
    Really reminds me a lot of the old samurai jack, plus with a rather mature theme which makes it a lot more interesting for the fanbase. A lot of questions filled my head after watching but no doubt would probably be answered in the next episodes.
    A lot of new interesting elements as well but I will just leave it at that in order to prevent any spoilers.

If you can watch episode 1, do it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    My television provider doesn't have it so I'll have to wait for the physical release.

I am real excited for it, and I've heard good things about the first episode.

It aired on Adult Swim's online stream the same time the episode premiered. It wasn't blocked by location either, I'm in Canada and I was able to watch it! They had an interview with Genndy who was taking questions from the chat before it aired too but I doubt that will happen again. It was great though.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    the first episode was fuckin' amazing... I love it how it has a more adult feel to it, that's what I've been waiting for years and yeah Genndy Tartakovsky said that this season is supposed to be the final one and it's gonna conclude Jack's story once and for all

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Episode 2, "XCIII", was even better. I love how the new season plays with tropes that were used commonly in its original run (the first third of the episode that focused on Aku was classic Tartavosky), while taking advantage of its newfound license to tackle more mature content given its new home on Adult Swim.

Unlike the first episode, where I always felt reasonably confident that Jack would prevail, this most recent episode left me gripping my desk, absolutely enthralled with how taut the pacing was in this week's action.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

you know shit was dark when Jack slit one of the daughter's throat it's insane. Amazing episode

I come from the net
    We can see why people like the Joker just don't outright kill Batman. They'd get bored. Aku has a similar problem. Jack can't die. But he thought he would. Plus since Jack's mind wasn't all the way there since he got to the future, 50 years has messed with it even worse. The wolf was a symbol for Jack.

Only 1 more episode left till the finale....

episode 9 though *SPOILERS* I hope the guardian isn't dead although the portal is destroyed, and how will Jack save Ashi now that he's gave up

This final episode better be longer than the rest and badass IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast