With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: The main annoyance for me in fusion is how the Shoutmon numbers work

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile

The main annoyance for me in fusion is how the Shoutmon numbers work

Like, it makes no sense. You'd think it would just be how many Digimon are in there and yet adding Beelzemon to x4 makes him x4B yet adding in Sparrowmon makes it x5. They never make any sense. Beelzemon surely is stronger than Sparrowmon too, so he should be the addition and Sparrowmon should just be the x4S or something. Since Beelzemon is added, that should be x5. Heck, when they add ChibiKamemon, that doesn't make it x3 but Dorulumon sure does...

That's the biggest annoyance for me... other than ignoring levels that is

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Like, it makes no sense. You'd think it would just be how many Digimon are in there and yet adding Beelzemon to x4 makes him x4B yet adding in Sparrowmon makes it x5. They never make any sense. Beelzemon surely is stronger than Sparrowmon too, so he should be the addition and Sparrowmon should just be the x4S or something. Since Beelzemon is added, that should be x5. Heck, when they add ChibiKamemon, that doesn't make it x3 but Dorulumon sure does...

That's the biggest annoyance for me... other than ignoring levels that is
    The general 'rule' seems to be based on if the new Digimon inherently changes the 'core' of how the fused Digimon is/works.

Shoutmon x3 is more generically a fighter, but combining him with the Starmon and Pickmon's makes him significantly stronger and gives him a sword, thereby changing the entire way he'd battle, so x4.

x4B is basically an upgrade to x4.

x5 changes x4 not only in increasing his power and speed, but of inherently changing the way he is. It changes a ground based weapon fighter into something more akin to a jet fighter.

There's also a degree of 'how' it's treated.

X4B is more treated as 'x4, plus the addition of Beelzebumon' while x5 is generally more thought of as 'all 5 as 1'
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Yeah that does kinda seem to be the thing but it never makes as much sense to me. I mean, the Fusion Beelzemon has wings too so the x4B fusion could just add in those wings and yay he can fly

and surely adding in the ability for x2 to swim is enough for a x3 but nah, just X2T or whatever

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Beelzemon himself can fly but Shoutmon X4B cannot, the wings are solely for decoration. It's literally just Shoutmon X4 as a centaur with extra guns.

There's also the fact that Shoutmon X5B, X4S, and X5S already exist.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 03-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!