With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Digimon Timeline/Multiverse Theory

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar

My Digimon Timeline/Multiverse Theory

I thught it would be good to have one thread for all those kinda things, there are already a bunch of topics floating around discussing stuff like this, but i feel like having all information in one place would help everyone looking into similair stuff.
    be it to discuss Hurricane Touchdown or all that multiversal stuff in Cyber Sleuth.

adding to that i also upgraded the Multiverse/Timeline chart i made and would like some opinion on it

This is the headcanon that a friend of mine came up with that I'm subscribing to. It may appear a bit fanfiction-ey but I like the way it connects the events.

- "God" (unclear if its ENIAC, ABC or even Yggdrasill or Homeostasis) rules over the ancient world with the Celestial trio and other angels as its loyal servant/inforcer.
    - "God" also (probably through the Wild Bunch) created the Warrior Ten as proginators for all digimon.
    - The enigmatic GranDracumon appeared on day and slowly enticed the angels, most notably Lucemon, Seraphimon, Ofanimon, Cherubimon, Bagramon and a HolyAngemon (that'll eventually be Murmukusmon).
    - The angels who have fallen from grace started a rebellion against "God", led by Lucemon. Lucemon also had his eyes on Huanglongmon for some reason.
    - As powerful as it is, having most of its loyal servants turned against it, the "God" was terribly fucked. It did however managed to stave off most of the fallen angels, who'd then retreat into the Dark Area (except for Lucemon, who's probably too arrogant to retreat).
    - "God" either got "killed" and was replaced by Yggdrasil, or that Yggdrasil is a fragment of "God" who managed to escape demise.
    - The Warrior Ten stood up against Lucemon. They managed to defeat him, though only AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon survived the battle. Lucemon also managed to seal Huanglongmon before he himself was sealed.
    - Needing new servants to enforce its will, Yggdrasil formed the Royal Knights.

Again, highly fanfiction-ey. Take it however you wish.
    Last edited by samazam; 03-12-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Junior Commander
    So two things:

1) What makes you think DW2 and DW3 take place in the same world/timeline as DW1?

2) The Wild Bunch as we saw them in Tamers didn't exist in the Adventure timeline as far as we know, so it's odd that they are placed right before Maki and Daigo's adventure in the Digital World on the same timeline.

well talking about stuff like this eventually leads to some fanon, i actually am in progress of drawing a little comic covering most of what happened between the creation and the split.
    i would disagree on a couple points that your friend came up with (for example the angel trio inherted their power from Lucemon so he must be defeated before their creation) but overall not to bad.

i guess i could make my synopsis on the events happening aswell as explaining the timeline i made a bit:

the digital world starts out as a Wasteland. (mentioned in Tamers)
    ABC then ENIAC are made by humans, the first computers who start forming the digital world, the surrounding, forest ect.
    the "Wild Bunch" creats the first primitive Digimon, Ancient Digimon species like SaberLeomon, Imperialdramon, Mammon ect. (as said in Tamers)
    the dark master evolve aswell as the first Apocalymon, as a reaction the first Digidestined are called upon who defeat them, their partners turn into the sovereign.(as seen in Tri)
    the Sovereign rule over the world, untill a war begins between Beasts and Humanoids (frontier tells us about the war and Tamers also had the sovereign in a somewhat similair position)
    "God" creates the first security network manifesting in Lucemon and possible other angel Digimon.
    Lucemon seals Huanglongmon(as mentioned in profiles) which ends the war (mentioned in Frontier)
    Huanglongmon is sealed deep in the earth(mentioned in profile) that are is the dragon zone, where Bagramon later finds the weakend Huanglongmon and uses him as an ally. (Xros Wars)
    Egyptian Cult is formed under Pharaohmon(as mentioned in Xros Wars)
    Lucemon rules over the world, until he turned into a Dictator (mentioned in Frontier)
    "the Fall" occurs in which the Seven Great demon lords first appear.
    the SGDL nearly destroy the digital world (mentioned in Savers) example being Lilithmon killing of the Egyptian cult(mentioned in Xros Wars, and you can also see the ruins in Adventure)
    the 10 ancient legendary warriors appear and go on a crusade(mentioned in profiles) aganist the SGDL.
    the ancient 10 defeat all of them, Lucemon being sealed(mentioned in Frontier) Belphemon is putted into sleep for a 1000 years(profile) Lilithmon survives and joins Bagramon.
    who later finds the sealed and weakend Lucemon and seduces him to work for her. (Xros Wars)
    even though the ancient 10 being succefull only A.Greymon and A.Garurumon managed to survive the crusade(mentioned in profile)
    which later seal Ornismon (as seen in the Frontier movie)

due to that large conflict and corruption "God" decides to split the Digmin World into Multiple Servers governed by Yggdrasil, with new security in form of the Angel Trio and the Royal Knights.
    each server having different times and rules for reseaching purposes.

and from their goes the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    So two things:

1) What makes you think DW2 and DW3 take place in the same world/timeline as DW1?

2) The Wild Bunch as we saw them in Tamers didn't exist in the Adventure timeline as far as we know, so it's odd that they are placed right before Maki and Daigo's adventure in the Digital World on the same timeline.
    1. should be be answered in this Thread i believe http://withthewill.net/threads/15797...mon-multiverse
    if you have counter argument please explain, iīm open for changing it up

2. there is nothing to suggest that they didnīt exist in that timeline either, however you can also look at it from a different angle and say that the "real world" already existed as a multiverse, which together formed the first Digital World.
    Last edited by Theigno; 03-12-2017 at 08:39 AM. Reason: double post merge

I remember reading a theory that the Frontier Chosen Children were the original ones mentioned in Season 1 and it had a lot of evidence and actually convinced me. While re-watching Frontier I kept forgetting that it was just a theory and I would think of it almost as watching the ancestors of the original kids ascending and then Soushitsu shut that theory down. I still like to imagine that it's like that while I'm watching (I haven't finished yet). It certainly gives that vibe, at least to me.

Their reasoning was that the name Frontier refers to a new, unexplored place and that they're all based off the Warrior 10, whose names all start with Ancient. The use of old-fashioned trains and they're almost Victorian style clothing gives it an older feeling. There were also confirmed to be 5 people in the original group and (not including Koichi) there are 5 in Frontier. Each of their Hybrid forms strongly resembles the Season 1 group's partners (excluding the extra 3 people), so their partners could be based on them. The reason they don't have partners is because Homeostasis hadn't perfected that system yet, and the spirit evolution was a prototype system.
    キーモン:ブラストモード

Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    I remember reading a theory that the Frontier Chosen Children were the original ones mentioned in Season 1 and it had a lot of evidence and actually convinced me. While re-watching Frontier I kept forgetting that it was just a theory and I would think of it almost as watching the ancestors of the original kids ascending and then Soushitsu shut that theory down. I still like to imagine that it's like that while I'm watching (I haven't finished yet). It certainly gives that vibe, at least to me.

Their reasoning was that the name Frontier refers to a new, unexplored place and that they're all based off the Warrior 10, whose names all start with Ancient. The use of old-fashioned trains and they're almost Victorian style clothing gives it an older feeling. There were also confirmed to be 5 people in the original group and (not including Koichi) there are 5 in Frontier. Each of their Hybrid forms strongly resembles the Season 1 group's partners (excluding the extra 3 people), so their partners could be based on them. The reason they don't have partners is because Homeostasis hadn't perfected that system yet, and the spirit evolution was a prototype system.
    we already know who the original digidestined are, there is a flashback in the newest digimon adventure Tri movie.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Hakase already acknowledged that. I'd heard the Frontier theory before, but didn't buy it. Anyway, my opinion is that there are too many inconsistencies for a single timeline to make any sense.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I've moved this thread because it doesn't belong where it was, nor is it 'really' a general discussion thread. It's a thread to discuss your fanon/theory/etc.

I've also renamed it to be more appropriate to the content in it.

Also, please do not make a thread and declare it 'the' place to discuss a general topic of discussion at.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I never believed in there being a single timeline of events that connect each series to one another (way to many different contraindications), and definitely not connecting the anime to the video games and to the mangas. I also never bought the whole theory that the Frontier kids were the original Chosen Children, they never fought the dark masters and they never fought Apocalynmon, they also came from a time that was slightly a few years ahead of the original chosen children's.

Adventure and Tamers are two different universes, same with all the others. The Wild Bunch created the first Digimon in 1984, Tamers took place some 20 years afterwards, Adventure canon according to Tri, states that the Digital World was created from a sea, not by humans and if you go by the Wonderswan games, the Digimon World was created from the worlds first computers.
    Last edited by Vice; 03-12-2017 at 04:28 PM.

It's worth noting that Lost Evolution unquestionably takes place after Dawn/Dusk. Currently playing the game, and in the story you come across the remains of the Tamers Union, complete with some survivors who reference the events of the previous two games.

So the order would be the very simple DS->Dawn/Dusk->LostEvo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast