With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Preference on the Evolution branching, and abilities systems in a Digimon Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Element View Post
    @Jay Ukyou & AquaVersus
    I understand that it's alot but as I said in my art thread for the game the reason I'm doing the game is because I have my own idea for a monster collecting battling game, except what makes it unique is you can create your own monsters and evolutions, with that just customization is staggering to program. So I'm doing this game as a dry run, to see if I can handle sometime like this but also learn more hands on before attempting me own idea. In comparison this is a much less ambitious project. Plus when I started the greatest challenge was creating models for every digimon I wanted in the game, but now I have models from official digimon games that I can use saving me hundreds of hours of blender lol.
    So I think I will go with the branching evolutions, but want to hear a few more opinions first?

Also I will consider using hybrids but they are among my least favorites and would be a low priority but the ancient digimon are in
    So then, does this mean this is your first game?
    If so, then I suggest you scale it down IMMENSELY. Pick 10 digimon total. 5 of them should be enemies. Program all of their moves in. Come up with a VERY basic scenario were you get to pick one of the 5 playable digimon and then fight each of the enemy digimon. Program in your setting, your menus, write the 'story' scenes, publish. If all of that doesn't burn you out, THEN start asking about evolution mechanics.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Each Digimon having a few options is the way to go

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    So does anyone having any feed back on my idea for digimon abilities in the first post?
    Basically depending on what previous evolution a digimon evolves from determines what ability they have, so if Pukumon evolves from Marine Devimon it would have for example an ability were it intoxicates an enemy when they hit them with a regular attack. But if it evolved from Dagomon it's ability would instead increasing damage from techniques.
    Do people like that idea?
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    itīs a good idea, but what if we want to use a digimon lower then Mega? would it have less abilitys?
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    itīs a good idea, but what if we want to use a digimon lower then Mega? would it have less abilitys?
    I'm not entirly sure what you asking but, A digimon would only have on ability at a time, in theory I suppose that Child digimon might only have one ability, but after that every digimon from adult up would have multiple possibilities. I was also thinking of incentives to have people obtain digimon by evolving through a cannical line, so like if you do Agumon-Greymon-Metal Greymon-War Greymon the ultimate could get an exclusive ability for example the agumon line results in war greymon getting an ability that makes it braver so when called into battle it's attack is raised but it's defense is lowered.

I like the idea. You should probably figure out how many Digimon and abilities you can make before trying to implement it though.

I like the idea too!! I really like how Digimon of the same species can gain different abilities depending on their evolution line. Maybe their abilities could change or develop starting at Fresh level? Of course the other ideas are better.
    Like mentioned, I think it would be good to come up with a number of abilities first, since starting small then progressing further after that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiAmy View Post
    I like the idea too!! I really like how Digimon of the same species can gain different abilities depending on their evolution line. Maybe their abilities could change or develop starting at Fresh level? Of course the other ideas are better.
    Which ideas are you referring to?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Something to consider about Digimon is that, as digital beings, having them evolve into literally anything doesn't seem too illogical. You have one Digimon gather up so much of a particular type of data, and they end up evolving (or even Slide evolving) into something with a body structure and theme on completely opposite ends of the spectrum from the prior form.

But yeah, I love the way Cyber Sleuth does things. The evolution paths are varied and mostly sensible without being overwhelming, there are no dead-ends (aside from Armor evolution, which only really means Fladramon as the other two are Ultimate-class), and everything is interconnected. The last point is especially nice because it prevents you from having to deal with one-per-save species like most monster raisers have you go through (it helps that the evolution items are reusable, which again probably makes sense in the context of digital beings).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 05-19-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12