With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Domez Figures Releasing in March and Plushies Soon

Digimon Domez Figures Releasing in March and Plushies Soon

Collecting Digimon products has lately been mostly importing, which can get pricey...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

but we finally have some new products coming soon in North America!

Zag Toys will be releasing a set of their Domez collectibles themed after Digimon Adventure.

These are nice and small collectible figures that you can use as a desk toy, or put on a shelf.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Domez will come blindpacked and include Agumon, Gabumon, Biyomon, Tentomon, Palmon, Gomamon, Patamon, and Gatomon. In addition there will be a chase figure of Greymon (we only have a silhouette image of him below.)

Each Domez is 3 inches tall, with a diameter of 2.5 inches, with the character inside the clear dome (the figure doesn't come out of the dome.)

They can also stack and attach together (and to the other lines of Domez.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Domez blind-packs have an MSRP of $4.99

The Domez will start off in Hot Topic on March 24th, and continue to FYE, Newbury Comics, Gamestop, and Five Below on March 27th. Other stores should stock them shortly after that. A few people have reported that a number of Hot Topics (and possibly other stores) already have them now, so you may want to check yourself if you want to get them now.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Also, later in the Spring, there will be a line of Digimon Adventure plush toys. We have an image of early versions via a photo from UCC Distributing of their booth at the recent New York Toy Fair. Zag Toys has told us these are non-finalized designs on display and won't necessarily be the final product.

We hope to get more information on these closer to release.

Thanks to Zag Toys for sending us the images and the info on the products. They offered to send us a full wave of them for us to review and go over, so look forward to that soon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

This is really awesome. I feel so happy like my childhood is returning. almost. Kind of disappointed to see no Meicoomon. But maybe those will come later?

the Patamon plush looks the same as the big one available on sites to order from Japan. Plus they look really nice. I'm kind of surprised, actually. Seems like America plushes aren't made as nicely as Japanese ones.

Can't wait to start searching for them. I'll have to hit the mall every weekend!

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released sometime in 2017(Hopefully)!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Holy shit american digimon products!

But why greymon? He's not cute. ;.; Wouldn't it made more sense to do Koromon if they wanted to go that route...? course, the 9th plush could be something else. Since this isn't finalized.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released sometime in 2017(Hopefully)!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Ahhhh finally some Digimon merch I can actually get!! And they don't look too bad, either! I dare say some of them look quite good!

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    The plushies > the figures.

Meicoomon tho

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    I complained about this in my group but specifically the Gabumon plush is an exact copy of an existing bootleg. :/

The figures are cute; I'm gonna try and find some in the wild this weekend.
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by ShindoW View Post
    I complained about this in my group but specifically the Gabumon plush is an exact copy of an existing bootleg. :/

The figures are cute; I'm gonna try and find some in the wild this weekend.
    Based on the photo comparison someone linked me earlier of a Gabumon bootleg and the (not great) photo we have of the new plush, I'd say give it another look.

Even with the extremely bad angle the new Gabumon plush is at, I can see quite a few differences.

The angle hides it, but Gabumon's 'face' is straightish forward in the new plush, while it's much more upturned in the bootleg.

If you look at his arms, you can see the yellow 'arm' material, is basically connected to the yellow of his 'front', while the bootleg has the arms far further back on the blue fur.

In addition if you look at the dark fur under his eyes, they are very much different. In the bootleg both 'feed' into the eyes, while in the new plush both are 'in front' of the eyes.

Also, maybe it's just shadows and light playing tricks with me, but his teeth are completely different placement wise.

To say nothing of differences like the chest design being different (different colors, with an outline for the actual design portion.)

I'll wait until we have good photos of them on store shelves to judge overall quality, plushes tend to have nips and tucks done to them design-wise. At least to me it doesn't look much like the bootleg, at least not anymore than the original plush the bootleg was based off of.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I feel like Five Below is a bit of a wild card, retailer-wise. I can understand why Hot Topic, etc, would have Digimon plushes...but Five Below is essentially a "dollar store". Not that I'm complaining; it's great that a wider variety of stores will sell Digimon merchandise.

I've got several of these stores right by my home so I will have to go on the hunt for a couple of the plushes later this month (mostly hoping for Piyomon, Gabumon, Patamon, or Gomamon). It's also kind of hilarious that they drew massive pecs on Greymon. He spends a lot of time at the gym I guess, though bench pressing would probably be hard for him with his little T-Rex arms.

Ain't got no mojo... FlaDraChamp3's Avatar
    Visit FlaDraChamp3's Youtube Channel
    I can't wait for a Gabumon plush!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast