With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ophanimon Rant *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    there is no connection between the two besides both of them being generically holy and both being potential Ultimates for Tailmon... and the latter one doesn't count for much considering that is the point of contention in the first place.
    See now... I always feel like this is something that people are a bit too quick to brush aside where Holydramon is concerned. I think the fact that they are both holy IS enough. I mean, let's not forget, we are talking about a line where a dog evolves to a cat and then to an angel. What connects them? Holy power.
    So personally, I don't think a fallen angel being the dark alternate for the ultimate of holy beasts would be all that strange. But I'm not about to lose sleep if I'm alone on that...

@C-MC:
    I can see that you have very strong feelings about this subject and you want to rant about it. It can be important to express your nerd rage and you should have a place where you can do that. You made a topic specifically to do it, so I suppose that you've gone about it in the right way.

Just... don't expect anyone to continue respecting your opinion on this topic anymore. You clearly cannot be objective about it. You clearly aren't interested in having a conversation about it or changing your mind on the subject. So... don't expect anyone to care to talk to you about it. Nerd Rage isn't very interesting, except in that 'train wreck' sort of way.

I'm pretty sure there's already a topic here where people have been discussing their opinions on Tailmon's final form in a more constructive way, so if you're interested in having that discussion, I suggest you check it out instead.
    It is the main topic of discussion in the Part 5 speculation thread:
    http://withthewill.net/threads/17222...=falldown+mode
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    bottom of the line is I HATE Ophanimon period. I don't wanna see the regular Ophanimon otherwise tri will lose my respect
    That's like saying you're going to stop cheering for a sports team because they're making their uniform blue, and you don't like the colour. It's so incredibly superficial.

You have to at least give Tri a chance to explain things. If it's a poorly written thing that's just crammed into the show, you won't be alone in losing some respect for the show. But it might make a lot on sense from a narrative point of view, so just wait and see. This is all just based on a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    bottom of the line is I HATE Ophanimon period. I don't wanna see the regular Ophanimon otherwise tri will lose my respect
    If a show you enjoy would lose your respect because a 'character' you don't like appears... then your respect isn't really worth that much.

I mean, it's one thing if they do poor writing to bring back a character who shouldn't be around. It's entirely a different thing when you just don't 'like' a character.

Especially when it's not even a new character. Holydramon and Ophanimon would be the same person no matter how they evolve, the only big difference is their appearance. I don't understand why anyone feels so strongly about this anyways. It's okay to have a preference, but it's basically just a difference in appearance. It's like if a new book is coming out and there are 2 covers, one pink and one green. If you like pink better than green and a friend gets you a green one you're not gonna hate him forever, will you? Narratively speaking, it will make almost no difference to the book/movie.
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

To be honest, they advertised the hell out of Holydramon. They have her speaking on the talking anniversary Digivice and they gave her another card, this time for Tri. If they turn their back on that it is very understandable why people would be upset. You just can't do that.. As for the Ophanimon fans attacking the Holydramon fans....They need to quit. It is annoying. They don't like the thought of another Digimon competing against their fanservice angel. This is so much like the rabid Hinata fans hating on people who like Sakura.. (Not all Ophanimon fans are like that..And the ones on here seem tame.)
    Last edited by Youkomon; 03-12-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Youkomon View Post
    To be honest, they advertised the hell out of Holydramon. They have her speaking on the talking anniversary Digivice and they gave her another card, this time for Tri. If they turn their back on that it is very understandable why people would be upset. You just can't do that.. As for the Ophanimon fans attacking the Holydramon fans....They need to quit. It is annoying. They don't like the thought of another Digimon competing against their fanservice angel. This is so much like the rabid Hinata fans hating on people who like Sakura.. (Not all Ophanimon fans are like that..And the ones on here seem tame.)
    There is no 'anniversary' talking Digivice (the CSA Digivice was not for an anniversary.)

But regardless, you say all that as if BOTH the CSA Digivice and the card set are perfect.

Both have multiple things that are NOT correct to what they are supposed to be.

In the Digivice every character Warps from Child to Ultimate. That obviously does not happen.
    Omegamon has a full voiced evolution sequence.

This was from a product marketed in the leadup to tri., and came out roughly concurrently with the release of part 1.

The tri. card set was marketed specifically as 'cards of tri. parts 1 thru 4' but obviously Holydramon isn't 'in' parts 1 thru 4.

At the end of the day they are products. They are not magic eight balls telling us what to expect for tri.

Is it likely they are roughly correct? Of course.

But no one making the show has any obligation to follow what Bandai does for it's products. Nor, even if that 'was' the plan originally, do they have an obligation to stick to it later on if they get a better idea.

There has been quite literally 'no' advertising for tri. itself that has Holydramon in it.

I still expect Holydramon to show up, but trying to figure out what's going to happen based on products has rarely been a winning game in fiction.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I can definitely understand being disappointed about this, but at the end of the day it's just going to be one small part of the movie and an even smaller part of the movie series. Regardless of whether they go with Ophanimon or Holydramon and your preference on the matter, it won't change anything about what happened in the movies leading up to this point nor will it likely change much about the movies past the likely "Dark Evolution" storyline and some fight scenes. So if you enjoyed the movies up until now and you're looking forward to the rest, then I don't think this one thing should be enough to make you lose respect for the writers or the movies they're creating. There's still a lot to enjoy out of these movies, one evolution not going the way that was expected should be enough to kill that enjoyment.

also how accurate has the mega forms been from adventure psp game with tri

Quote Originally Posted by Kai32 View Post
    also how accurate has the mega forms been from adventure psp game with tri
    Let's see, from memory it was:

Gomamon -> Vikemon , Biyomon -> Hououmon , Tentomon -> Herakleskabuterimon , Palmon -> Rosemon , Patamon -> Seraphimon , Gatomon -> Ophanimon.

So yeah, it's been consistent so far. I was genuinely surprised when I saw the Tri -related Holydramon card since I assumed they would stay with the PSP evolutions. But as MarcFBR has pointed out, the merchandise isn't infallible and it could still go either way.

--EDIT--
    Oh, just found a video of the Mega forms from the game to double check.
    Last edited by Rohan; 03-13-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Youkomon View Post
    ikr??? It's pretty crappy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast