With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ophanimon Rant *Spoilers*

Can Hikari even control Ophanimon Falldown Mode? SkullGreymon was a mindless and crazy fellow that Taichi couldn't control, and Ken was able to control MetalGreymon thanks to his Evil Spiral. But is the possessed Hikari able to do that? Is the entity controlling her also controlling Ophanimon Falldown Mode? Ken triggered Dark Evolution with the dark power of his D3, and Taichi abused his courage to force Greymon to evolve. Tailmon is definitively going to undergo a forced evolution, but what exactly will trigger it?

Hmm...personally I would prefer if they stuck with regular Ophanimon as opposed to switching to Holydramon for Angewoman's "true Evolution".

With Guilmon it made sense to me as he was changing from the demonic looking Megidramon to the heroic Dukemon to reflect Takato letting go of his rage. But with Holydramon you'd be going from a fallen angel to a dragon and something just feels off in my mind about that. I dunno, it's hard to explain but like, I ain't feeling the aesthetic there. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Hmm...personally I would prefer if they stuck with regular Ophanimon as opposed to switching to Holydramon for Angewoman's "true Evolution".

With Guilmon it made sense to me as he was changing from the demonic looking Megidramon to the heroic Dukemon to reflect Takato letting go of his rage. But with Holydramon you'd be going from a fallen angel to a dragon and something just feels off in my mind about that. I dunno, it's hard to explain but like, I ain't feeling the aesthetic there. \_(ツ)_/
    Is a fallen angel who becomes a dragon that much different from an angel becoming a dragon?

Holydramon is said to be top evolution for Beast Digimon, which Tailmon is. The problem is Angewomon who branches away from the beast theme.

Junior Commander
    To simplify: it's because if Tailmon were to have two Ultimate forms ("normal" and "corrupted" or whatnot) in one story, having normal Ophanimon and Ophanimon Falldown Mode makes a bit more sense than having a corrupt version of a Digimon parallel to an unrelated Digimon.

At the same time, having the forms be Ophanimon FM and Holydramon would be a cool twist. So I wouldn't be against that necessarily. I just think it doesn't "feel" right because of what I wrote above.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post

Is a fallen angel who becomes a dragon that much different from an angel becoming a dragon?

Holydramon is said to be top evolution for Beast Digimon, which Tailmon is. The problem is Angewomon who branches away from the beast theme.
    Holydramon is the top evolution ('ultimate form', anyway) of God Beast Digimon, not Beast Digimon, and it seems bizarre since Huanglongmon is the only God Beast Digimon. It would make a little more sense if they had meant Holy Beast Digimon, but that's not what it says, unless the Japanese text on wikimon is wrong.
    Last edited by Shining Celebi; 08-13-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post

Honestly, my complaint stems from them using Ophanimon FM as the "corrupt" version *if* they intend to go with Holydramon. I have absolutely nothing against Holydramon being Tailmon's final Evolution but if that is indeed the case, then I would have preferred them create a dark version of Holydramon to be used in Tri instead.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
    Holydramon is the top evolution ('ultimate form', anyway) of God Beast Digimon, not Beast Digimon, and it seems bizarre since Huanglongmon is the only God Beast Digimon. It would make a little more sense if they had meant Holy Beast Digimon, but that's not what it says, unless the Japanese text on wikimon is wrong.
    It means "Holy Beast" (神獣). Holydramon is the ultimate form of Holy Beasts.

Huanlongmon would be a "God Beast" (聖獣).

Wikimon translated "神獣" as "God Beast", which isn't a bad translation in itself. However, this Digimon type is totally diferent from the type of "God Beast" (聖獣) like Huanlongmon.

I'm a Maniac
    Speaking of Holydramon's profile, her presence can be justified as another evil force has emerged in tri.

Thinking a bot more about Holydramon, I'm not sure that she is a good candidate even as Tailmon's mega. The bipedal Tailmon is less bestial than her and angewomon is fully humanoid. She is a bit too bestial. And unfortunately, her only let's say feminine feature is her color. Her face is too creul in tri style contrary to the 02 one. Although I like her because her design is genuine and would never prefer Ophanimon over her, but she is in need of more fitting devolved forms.

I quite like Holydramon for Tailmon's ultimate; it's obviously geared toward a "holy being" line, as pointed out multiple times, but that works so much better than an angel theme with Ophanimon, as only two of her stages could even remotely be connected to that.

That said, I do think FM would be nice as an alternate form for Holydramon; it plays into the design theme of Adventure evolution lines overall quite a bit better than Ophanimon -> FM. It keeps the quirky 'lines don't always exactly match' aesthetic that Adventure is known for. If this Tailmon was in, say, the Tamers universe instead, Ophanimon would work because designs in that universe were pretty much crafted specifically to match...but as for Adventure, I think fallen angel -> dragon makes perfect sense.

I don't actually believe they would use Holydramon in Tri, but I personally would love to see it because it keeps the eclectic lines aesthetic.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
    It means "Holy Beast" (神獣). Holydramon is the ultimate form of Holy Beasts.

Huanlongmon would be a "God Beast" (聖獣).

Wikimon translated "神獣" as "God Beast", which isn't a bad translation in itself. However, this Digimon type is totally diferent from the type of "God Beast" (聖獣) like Huanlongmon.
    You are mixing up the kanji for Holy Beast and God Beast.

Holy Beast is Seijuu (聖獣).
    God Beast is Shinjuu(神獣).

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast