With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: How about 02 Tri series next?

  1. #31
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,446
    Best speculation for 'tri' as a title is that it's a dual reference like '02', referring to it being the third series of Adventure, but also referring to the 'trinary' infection. 'Trinary' is an uncommon, but acceptable, term for the counting system after binary. Whereas Binary is only 2 digits (0 and 1), Ternary (the 'proper' name for Trinary) is 3 digits (0, 1, and the horrifying 2!).
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  2. #32
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    126
    Well if an 02 series of ovas really happened I would want it to have Daisuke, Ken, Iori, Miyako, Wallace and, perhaps, Ryo as protagonists. Takeru and Hikari could show up for the final fight to give support. I would also want it to focus on the digimental aspect of 02 rather than the joggress aspect.

  3. #33
    Junior Commander
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    382
    To be honest, I see really difficult that it will be a group of OVAs (especially if these are OVAs Premiun) with only 02 kids as protagonists.

    The truth is that these characters and the group are not so popular (at least compared to Adventure kids), so it's hard to imagine that Toei is going to focus on them.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    Well if an 02 series of ovas really happened I would want it to have Daisuke, Ken, Iori, Miyako, Wallace and, perhaps, Ryo as protagonists. Takeru and Hikari could show up for the final fight to give support. I would also want it to focus on the digimental aspect of 02 rather than the joggress aspect.
    As Kon mentioned above, it would be hard enough to market a series just based on the four 02 kids, let alone adding Wallace and/or Ryo. More casual viewers, which is what marketing tries to reach, would have little to no idea/interest in the latter two.

    There was a reason why Tri was always specifically marketed with the original 8 kids, and it's because they're the ones who the casual audiences remember and associate with.

    I also find it difficult to envision a way you could write a story with the 02 cast, without Hikari and Takeru playing a major role. They were important parts of that team, and to exclude them, would change the nature of the group. And of course, while it has been odd that there's still been no real mention of the 02 kids in Tri, it's less noticeable because they weren't part of the original series.

    I do agree though that if it happened, I would want to see more focus on the Digimental aspect. They introduced it and made it important, then basically just threw it away.

  5. #35
    Ain't got no mojo... KittyCatSuicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5
    Follow KittyCatSuicide On Twitter Visit KittyCatSuicide's Xbox Live Profile
    I'd rather season 3 get a follow up myself. That seems like the only series that should since the way it ended made a follow up seem like it was a thing. Would be cool to see them mention Tri since Adventures was an anime in the season 3 verse

  6. #36
    I'd take a proper series, but not another movie series. I'd like to be done with this story before old age kicks in.
    There's a lot I'd like to get a closer look to through an Adventure related series. What happened with the 02 kids, the Ryo story properly animated and narrated, the dark ocean (and the seven demon lords at the same time maybe?), the story of the original team of kids before the sovereigns get created etc... As much as I have discussed the flaws of Tri, it has managed to maintain a character and an approach that feels more grown up, and makes for an end product that is of a relatively high standard, compared to the progressively dumbed-down newest additions to/installments of the franchise. So I'd much rather they focused on the Adventure universe instead of the newest stuff they try out.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 04-01-2017 at 03:11 PM.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Best speculation for 'tri' as a title is that it's a dual reference like '02', referring to it being the third series of Adventure, but also referring to the 'trinary' infection. 'Trinary' is an uncommon, but acceptable, term for the counting system after binary. Whereas Binary is only 2 digits (0 and 1), Ternary (the 'proper' name for Trinary) is 3 digits (0, 1, and the horrifying 2!).
    Insomuch tri.'s ternary reference is more of the balanced (-1, 0, 1) kind, rather than the unbalanced (0, 1, 2), as tri. functions both as a sequel and as a prequel to Digimon Adventure. A new series would have to thread very lightly to get the same kind of reference finesse.
    -"Rock and Roller", where he shouts so loud that his opponents are obliterated! What a silly attack! Imagine just shouting all the time; who would want to do that?
    -That's why they call me Shoutmon, you annoying hunk of junk!

  8. #38
    I would be very interested in a 02 successor myself, and I think it has a better chance of happening than pretty much any other season does. I would LOVE to see a Frontier sequel the most though, it's a show that I both love and also feel has a lot of unresolved parts that could make for a good plot.

  9. #39
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,887
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    I would LOVE to see a Frontier sequel the most though, it's a show that I both love and also feel has a lot of unresolved parts that could make for a good plot.
    Just out of curiosity, what are those unresolved parts? It's always seemed to me that Frontier did the best job of tying up all the loose ends of its plot. Is it just the other Fusion Hybrids and all that?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    I would LOVE to see a Frontier sequel the most though, it's a show that I both love and also feel has a lot of unresolved parts that could make for a good plot.
    Just out of curiosity, what are those unresolved parts? It's always seemed to me that Frontier did the best job of tying up all the loose ends of its plot. Is it just the other Fusion Hybrids and all that?
    Mostly just the fusion hybrids, but also the lack of the Ancient forms getting any real spotlight. Combine that with it's relatively civilized Digital World and it just feels like there is a lot of potential for future stories in the setting. I know Fromtier isn't the only Digimon show with bizarre usused evolutions (like most of the Armor evos in 02 and the various unused Digixros forms in Xros Wars), but these Frontier ones are actually Ultimate equivalents, which means they could easily have an awesome debut in a continuation al la tri.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •