With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Premiered 18 Years Ago! And a Message from Volcano Ota

Digimon Adventure Premiered 18 Years Ago! And a Message from Volcano Ota

It's been 18 years!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

March 7th, 1999 is when Digimon Adventure premiered in Japan!

And of course, not to be outdone, March 6th is when the original movie premiered to help lead up to the series!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Fans aren't the only people commenting on the franchise on this day...

Ota Kensuke, better known to fans as Volcano Ota (sometimes translated as Oota), the project head/director of the team that created Digimon posted a tweet along with an image to celebrate the day when Digimon began it's change from a small pocket LCD game/toy into the long lasting animation franchise it would become known for.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Oh right, it was today that Digimon Adventure first went on air.

So it's been 18 years since then...

The only Child-level character I have from Adventure in my home is this 'Kuta-Chara' plush of Gomamon (laughs).

It's always tricky deciding whether I am in a position to give my thanks, but I am still grateful for everyone who has come to like this series.

Thank you m(__)m
    Thanks to garm for the translation of the message!

It's a nice message from a man closely associated for the brand for so long (Ota was involved with the brand not only in it's creation, but basically up until the day he left Bandai last year.)

It's nice to not only remember one of the bigger dates for the franchise, but to know one of the key figures in it's history does also.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Oh wow, I actually have that same Gomamon. It is one of the only pieces of non-book/game Digimon paraphernalia I own. He feels more special now, knowing Oota kept him that long too!
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

While not mentioned in the news... while his name isn't generally one of the ones mentioned when people bring up Akiyoshi Hongo (who obviously doesn't exist, at least as a a single person.)

Ota, as the project director for the original V-Pets, would certainly be one of the people who arguably could be 'thought of' as Akiyoshi Hongo.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Awesome, though that does make me feel really old.

Here's hoping for 18 more years of Digimon!

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    Im sad I never knew who this guy was. My wife has that beanie, too. ^^
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Yaaay long life to Digimon Adventure! Coincidentally enough, within exactly one month from now Digimon Frontier celebrates its 15th Anniversary! <3
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 03-07-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Maybe they'll release Child forms for the other Hybrids for their 15th anniversary? (Or fused Hybrids for the four 'evil' spirits?)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Who knows what's planned for March 2019...

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Maybe they'll release Child forms for the other Hybrids for their 15th anniversary? (Or fused Hybrids for the four 'evil' spirits?)
    Either would be awesome indeed!!!

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I doubt it but it would be a great way to celebrate both the 20th anniversary and Frontier's 15th anniversary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast