With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: PocketStation Help for Digimon!

PocketStation Help for Digimon!

Hey guys, so my PocketStation arrived in the mail today and I was anticipating to try out the Pocket Digimon World games. I currently only own Pocket Digimon World and Pocket Digimon World - Cool and Nature Battle Disc. Here is the problem, I cant play it! I copied all the data that was already there to my PS2 memory card (for the lolz) BUT I unfortunately cannot delete the Wild Chocobo game already in there. I've tried trying to find out how to get rid of it online but I cant find anything. There is a guide about the Wild Chocobo and the PocketStation but no mention how to get rid of it.

I dont have any experience with the PocketStation but if I have to buy Final Fantasy 8 just to get rid of it then I guess there isn't any other option is there? I dont want to have to buy it just so I can play Digimon. From what I can gather as clues, its a safe bet that I would need a Japanese copy. All the data on it were Japanese. I did try to delete it within the game but Jijimon keeps insisting that I need 15 blocks (the MAX memory capacity) to download this game into my PocketStation.

Can anybody help me? Im a bit saddened that I might not be able to have anything close to a Digivice again like when I was a kid. And I really want to try out this obscure piece of Digimon video game history.

I had a Pocketstation as a kid. I even downloaded the FF8 chocobo game into it. I recall that the Pocketstation just plugs into a PS1 like a regular memcard, so you should be able to just delete the files off of it the way you would a regular save? I'm not sure what all methods of deletion you've tried yet, but a memcard reader might work if the PS2 doesn't. (I suppose it's also possible that it might require an actual PS1 instead of the PS2?) I recall using the Pocketstation as a regular memcard for games like FF9 and Xenogears for a while after I got tired of the Pocket Chocobo game.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I had a Pocketstation as a kid. I even downloaded the FF8 chocobo game into it. I recall that the Pocketstation just plugs into a PS1 like a regular memcard, so you should be able to just delete the files off of it the way you would a regular save? I'm not sure what all methods of deletion you've tried yet, but a memcard reader might work if the PS2 doesn't. (I suppose it's also possible that it might require an actual PS1 instead of the PS2?) I recall using the Pocketstation as a regular memcard for games like FF9 and Xenogears for a while after I got tired of the Pocket Chocobo game.
    Well to recap I basically did the following

-Tried deleting the game directly on the PS2 via Memory Card menu but wouldn't let me (PocketStation Data might have delete protection?).
    -Tried deleting it using the PocketStation as well but I dont think there is such function.

UPDATE!

I figured out what I did wrong! THe Chocobo game was running on the PocketStation the last time I tried to delete it. Digimon here I come!
    Last edited by Shikou; 03-06-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Keep us updated, I'm curious what the game is like! (Take pictures!)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    I really wish these games could come out on PSN, seeing as the Vita got PocketStation emulation for PS1 games. For that matter, I wish any old Digimon game could come out on PSN. I wonder why Bamco never released any.