With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 23: Get Back the 7code Appmon! Showdown - Ultimate vs Ultimate!

I really liked the first parts of the episode. Basically everything was awesome until Rei showed up. Not that Rei ruined it, but from the point he showed up, everything started feeling really rushed. Revivemon's power didn't really get utilized in any special way (contrast this with Raidramon's or Hackmon's first appearances).

Navimon and Puzzlemon reappearing were probably the best part of the episode. Close second is Mienumon making Musimon and Dokamon attack their friends. It wasn't -dark-, but it did feel -serious-. It would've been the best part of the episode had any of them thought to actually go Super Grade (there's no time limit on that, so why aren't they using that as default in battle?)

I hope to see more of Warudamon, she felt like a fun threat and I love the design for her eyes! I'm surprised we got to see another shadowy Applidriver pull out Sakushimon's chip for the Ultimate fusion. Is it the same one as before with Scopemon?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Speaking of stupidity, why didn't Gatchmon just evolve to Globemon, ignore or overpower Dokamon and Musimon, and kill Warudamon?
    That was what Dokamon and Musimon were trying to get Gatchmon to do, but Haru/Gatchmon refused (because Warudamon would use Dokamon and Musimon as meat shields and get them killed in the process).

I'm a bit..on the fence about the episode? The end definitely felt rushed when they could've spent a bit less time on the Viramon/Shotmon segments.
    The Dokamon/Musimon being controlled part felt good on paper, but I just didn't like how it was animated; I didn't like the timing/layouts and choices of poses, and thought it kinda took away from the dynamism and urgency of the scene. I agree if all of them were Super Grade it'd probably give a bigger sense of danger.

This was a pretty good episode. I liked how they tapped into their secondary Applimon again to catch up to Mienumon, it did have the heroes use some clever ideas to outsmart Mienumon's tricks and keep up with her so that they didn't permanently lose her (and thus, Weatherdramon) in the process. Mienumon was also a lot better here then she has been for the past few episodes as she has some plans that are decently thought out as they only fail due to her being outplayed rather then the plans just being poorly thought out. Also, Warudamon had a good debut here as despite not really throwing out an attack, she still shows that she can be a threat as her control of the main partners left the team in a corner that they were having trouble getting out of. This episode was a good moment for her as it shown that she is capable when applied well, and I hope that they'll use that side of her more often as it's far more interesting then her mildly bothering Eri (if they use her, but I'll get to that in a minute).

I do have to agree the ending came out as a bit rushed though, I expected Revivemon to have a role here but the way he was utilized kind of felt lacking as outside of using his ability he doesn't get to showcase much else about himself. Additionally, after that point it does feel like the episode remembers 'oh wait, we have to get the heroes to the door!' and speeds everything up, so as soon as that happens they move on to defeating Warudamon, getting Weatherdramon, and setting up for the next episode all in five minutes and it doesn't feel fluid. It also makes me a bit worried about Warudamon as her appearance here was pretty good, but her end was pretty lacking as it pretty much goes downhill for her as she goes from backing the heroes into a corner to getting blown apart by four Ultimates pretty quickly. So while I liked her in the first part of the episode, if this is her end then it's still a pretty disappointing way to write her out as there's more they can do with her.

Also, I have a quick question related to TMS', while I do understand why they didn't use Globemon out of fear of killing Dokamon and Musimon, why didn't they try to tap into their other Applimon? Before then the episode was pretty good about utilizing their secondary options and most of them aren't at the point where they'd destroy either of the two with just their little finger, so wouldn't they have been able to use them to at least keep the two partners at bay? Plus, there may've been options there that could've helped get Dokamon and Musimon out of their control or at least subdue them until they could figure out a proper plan to deal with Warudamon, so I'm curious why the episode didn't at least remark on them in the situation.

Junior Commander
    yeah, I agree it was kinda rushed, but then I felt the more proper strategy using this time especially with how using Navimon and Puzzlemon's ability. Even though so, the battle is very rushed in the end into just 4 vs 1 and unleashing hissatsu. I'm still wondering why they can't even make more interesting fight flow with the whole series. At least making the fight like in Tamers where they're facing Orochimon. They can even made a quite good episodic fight without even being rushed and there's also more sense of real struggle rather than just: evolve to kiwami -> facing warudamon -> unleash hissatsu all at once -> win. Without even taking a stance against Warudamon earlier. I mean, the battle with Sakushimon is very good, why they didn't make it better than that?

Again, I wasn't really tempted in most of Appmon anime fights. But I really hope they explain more of the general rule and lore of the Applimonster world, like "Can Appmon die?" or other really interesting part about it. I feel like there's still very less explanation about the Appmon and Net Ocean things until latest episode. All we only knew was just its general concept and general how it work. They mostly only go into the AI stuffs and the minerva-leviathan thing. I would like to see more depth, both about the net ocean itself, and even the appmon itself.

One other thing, idk if it's just me. But the more I see, the more I cringe against Haru. I mean, he trusts villain's words too much and too much positive thinking like "We must stop leviathan at any cost" and so much generic positive thinking shounen main chara things had. I really hope this kind of treat is deliberated with some hidden objectives, bcos now I really doubt of most of the character traits, unlike when I read some many interviews from the staffs where they looked like very interesting.
    Last edited by DATS24; 03-11-2017 at 11:33 AM.

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    One other thing, idk if it's just me. But the more I see, the more I cringe against Haru. I mean, he trusts villain's words too much and too much positive thinking like "We must stop leviathan at any cost" and so much generic positive thinking shounen main chara things had.
    Haha, I was also irritated how stupid Haru was. I even commented during watching the episode, "As if he was facing Olegmon".

Also, while everyone gets hyped that they used the auxiliary Appmons, I don't get that if the writers remember them at all why they didn't just use Timemon to stop the time before Mienumon going stealth mode and snatch Weatherdramon's chip from her. I do like the use of Puzzlemon, though, even though at first I thought that they would use Copypamon to make copy decoys instead.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Ain't got no mojo... Digimon'sDigitalWill's Avatar
    This is quite an enjoyable episode. I like that Ultimate has time limit (for the time being) and that Ultimate can overpower Standard in a way that may be destructive. 4 vs. 1 is a bit much, but it is a good showing of signature attacks. Revivemon got two moves which are fine. Liked that Warudamon was from the mysterious AppDriver who is shown again, although he still seems male to me, so the options do not change from last time. Why is Warudamon Strategy App though, does not seem to fit and was Sakushimon already Strategy already? Liked Warudamon's showcase and the use of Navimon and Puzzlemon. Wonder when we will Satellamon and what Episode 25 which is the concluding episode for the second arc. Virusmon's island and the islanders are fun too. From the preview, it seems like Dantemon is an appmon after all.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Also, while everyone gets hyped that they used the auxiliary Appmons, I don't get that if the writers remember them at all why they didn't just use Timemon to stop the time before Mienumon going stealth mode and snatch Weatherdramon's chip from her. I do like the use of Puzzlemon, though, even though at first I thought that they would use Copypamon to make copy decoys instead.
    probably Timemon will affect everything to be stopped except itself, so it wasn't a good thing to use, lol.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Digimon'sDigitalWill View Post
    Why is Warudamon Strategy App though, does not seem to fit and was Sakushimon already Strategy already?
    Sakusimon is the Simulation App actually, he's a Game Type Appmon that just happens to be based a famous strategist.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    I know Dokamon and Musimon were being puppeteered an all, but I've gotta ask, why didn't they at least try to call Musimon and Dokamon back? I internally screaming: "Call them back!" during that fight scene. It probably wouldn't have worked, but it would've been better had they tried to call them back only to fail.

In other news, Warudamon was a pleasantly delightful villain. I adored her design and witch motif, especially whatever she had going on with her Sharingan eyes.

I'm calling it now, the Appli Driver behind Warudamon is Ai. Do I base this off of any facts or evidence? No. But it is a way to elevate her character importance, and now that the idea's in my head, I'm enjoying a scenario which involves them finding out. Like a Dark Spore type situation.

Also, a very small note, I am a bit disappointed Globemon didn't do his "Globe. Global. GLOBALIZATION" introduction this time, part of me hoped expected that to become his introductory phrase when realized

Have we ever seen the kids un AppRealize their buddies before? It seems more like something they do on their own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast