With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having problems with the space bar when replying on this site

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar

Having problems with the space bar when replying on this site

So, this is weird, and it only happens when I'm answering a thread or a personal message. I write the first word and all is good, then I got to press the space bar and the cursor won't move over a space. So all further words have no spaces. I have tried the spacebar on other tabs when this happens and even the address bar on that page, and it works fine, just not in the space to make a reply.
    Is my browser fucking up with the site, or is it a glitch in the site itself?
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Hm, someone else mentioned it with a PM the other day.

What browser are you using? I've not come across this issue.

I'm using Chrome, but it only happens when I'm replying, starting new threads or starting a new PM, has not caused this problem yet. Though to be honest I only done both a few time since this first happen so that doesn't mean they don't get this issue

Honestly, it probably sounds a bit unhelpful... but I'd recommend for both people to clean their keyboards.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I don't know what the actual problem is, but I get it sometimes too.

I've found that if you hit Enter to start a new line, then return to the top of the message, it fixes the problem. I think it's just a weird Chrome interaction with the forums.

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    It happens to me as well; I agree that it's probably just a Chrome issue. Usually if I add a full stop at the end of the first word (i.e. The.) and then move the cursor before it, the space bar works fine. Just not on its own.

I've had the same issues, also with Chrome, when using Reply With Quote. The space bar issues I've had are where every key except the space bar results in the usual result. Arrow back, and the space bar results in a space, but that has to be done for each space. I've tested cleaning, and there's no change. I've also tested what Ukyou mentioned, and that provides a fix.

Interestingly, the issue goes away completely by clicking the Go Advanced button.

@Lhikan634
    Ya I just realized that it does happen when I'm quoting someone myself, and everytime I'm using quick reply, I will try switching to advanced reply next time

Same issue, also on chrome. Press 'enter' when typing your post to make spacebar function again.

Thanks to the additional information you guys have given I've identified the issue.

It may not be fixable (Chrome appears to be parsing information wrong from something used on the forum) but I'm looking into what workarounds might be possible that won't affect people on other browsers or removing/degrading forum functionality.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast