With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appmon Manga Volume 1 in April

Appmon Manga Volume 1 in April

The Appmon manga has been running for roughly half a year now in V-Jump!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

So we are going to get the first proper volume release of it for people who want to collect it!

The first volume of Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters will be released on April 4th (the same day as the first DVD-Box, which we just got more details on.)

It will cost 400 yen and include a Globemon card for the Data Carddass game.

No cover art or pre-order links yet, but the cover using the promotional art for Appmon (above) wouldn't be a surprise.)

We also don't have details on a volume release for Appmon Gakuen yet.

Big thanks to G-Santos for the heads up and Animate Times for the details.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Has anyone been keeping up with this past chapter two? The art is good, but howís the story? It didnít wow me, but then, the ◊ros Wars manga started out modestly enough and it eventually became one of my favourite entries in the franchise. Still, the fact that the Appmon manga is being written with the brandís pseudonym doesnít inspire much confidence.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I looked through the first chapter, but haven't heard anything of the manga since besides seeing, I think, chapter 5's title page (with Docmon on it) uploaded to Wikimon. I'll have to take a look into the manga once it's finished. Maybe it'll borrow something else from Xros Wars by being less disappointing than its anime.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Is there any announcement of how many volumes will the manga have?

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    I'm slowly translating them and only read them till chapter 5; so far it's more or less a condensed version of the anime.
    The main parts that diverge from the anime are probably Haru having different Appmon in his collection (including Tsubumon and Weathermon), and Docmon/Vegasmon being together with Sakushimon/Mienumon as Leviathan's underlings.

Anyway the art style is really cute and one I don't see often in manga, so I still really enjoy reading it. :> Looking forward to getting the volumes eventually!

Junior Commander
    I heard the manga is quite slight better than the anime?

I've read chapters 1+2, and then 5+6. I missed the two VJumps in the middle there. It's currently slightly ahead of the anime. Rei is already teamed up with them. They got all the 7-codes and awakened Dantemon. They're currently about the open the gate to the Deep Web.

The art is good, but there's very little... development? It's all plot and no character development so far. It feels like it's meant to be a companion piece to the anime, where they spend a lot more time exploring the characters (particularly Astra/Eri/Rei).
    This is basically how the XW manga worked too, only it spun off and did its own thing after the first half.

Follow ReiKatsura On Twitter
    Is there any way i can read it in english? I really hope they will release it in Germany too

Any news on when the will release Appli Monsters: Appmon Academy!! form the Saikyo Jump magazine ? and what are the differences between these two appmon mangas ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast