With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Character Song Albums Cover Art, Song Previews, & Cast Appearance Events

tri. Character Song Albums Cover Art, Song Previews, & Cast Appearance Events

We finally have the artwork for the upcoming character song albums!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We got a bunch of info about the albums over the last week, but now we have the art. We've included the tracklists which we found out last week plus previews of all the songs, and a few special details for those in Japan!

The red version up above is the first print edition.

Here is the cover for the normal edition.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Very fun looking coverart. It has a nice oldschool classy feel to it.

Then we have the tracklist!

Chosen Children's Version Tracklist
    01. Butter-Fly ~ tri.Version ~ (Short Size Edition) / Wada Koji
    02. Eien no Puzzle (Eternal Puzzle) / Yagami Taichi (Hanae Natsuki) [永遠のパズル]
    03. Boku ni Totte (For Me) - Album Edition- / KNIFE OF DAY (Ishida Yamato) (Hosoya Yoshimasa) [僕にとって-Album Edition-]
    04. Yume no Kanau Basho (A Place Where Dreams Come True) / Takenouchi Sora (Mimori Suzuko) [夢の叶う場所]
    05. Kioku no Kakera (Fragments of Memory) - Koushiro Side- / Izumi Koushirou (Tamura Mutsumi) [記憶のカケラ -Koushiro Side-]
    06. Go My Way / Tachikawa Mimi (Yoshida Hitomi)
    07. I can't / Kido Jou (Ikeda Junya)
    08. Kibou no Tsubasa (Wings of Hope) / Takaishi Takeru (Enoki Junya) [キボウノツバサ]
    09. Ring / Yagami Hikari (M.A.O)
    10. Mebaeta Tsuyosa (Budding Strength) / Mochizuki Meiko (Arakawa Miho) [芽生えた強さ]
    11. brave heart ~ tri.Version ~ (Short Size Edition) / Ayumi Miyazaki
    12. I wish ~ tri.Version ~ (Short Size Edition) / AiM

A small preview of the various tracks!

Then next up is the Digimon's album!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon art is similar to the art for the kids, but it has more of a Muppet Show vibe to me.

Grey is the first print edition, green is the standard.

And here is the tracklist.

Digimon's Version Tracklist
    01. Butter-Fly ~ tri.Version ~ (Short Size Edition) / Wada Koji
    02. Agumon SUNba / Agumon (Sakamoto Chika) [アグモンSUNba]
    03. Kimi ni Totte (For You) / Gabumon (Yamaguchi Mayumi) [君にとって]
    04. Heart wo Sagase (Finding my Heart) / Piyomon (Shigematsu Atori) [ハートを探せ]
    05. Kioku no Kakera (Fragments of Memory) - Tentomon Side- / Tentomon (Sakurai Takahiro) [記憶のカケラ -Tentomon Side-]
    06. Blooming your Heart / Palmon (CV: Yamada Kinoko)
    07. You can / Gomamon (Takeuchi Junko)
    08. Daisuki-ism (I love you-ism) / Patamon (Matsumoto Miwa) [だいすきイズム]
    09. Together as one / Tailmon (Tokumitsu Yuka)
    10. Uraomote Crossroad (Head-Tails Crossroad) / Meicoomon (Morishita Yukiko) [ウラオモテ クロスロード]
    11. brave heart ~ tri.Version ~ (Short Size Edition) / Ayumi Miyazaki
    12. Seven ~ tri.Version ~ (Short Size Edition) / Wada Koji

We have short previews of the Digimon tracks also!

Many of the tracklists are paired between partners, so looking and listening at the equivalent title on each album can sometimes have a nice surprise to it.

In addition, if you look at the covers, they are color paired. The DA tri. text on one album uses the main color of the version of the other album it's paired with.

The first print editions come with a booklet with cast autographs and short comments (different booklet for each album.)

The albums come out on March 29th.

The first press versions will be 3,315 yen and the normal will be 3,056 yen.

Both versions of each album is up for pre-order. (CDJapan Affiliate Links)

Digimon Adventure Tri Character Songs: Chosen Children Version
    Digimon Adventure Tri Character Songs: Chosen Children Version (First Press Edition)
    Digimon Adventure Tri Character Songs: Digimon Version
    Digimon Adventure Tri Character Songs: Digimon Version (First Press Edition)

We are taking donations to make sure we can get copies for the site to do proper breakdowns as we always try to do.

In addition, for those in Japan, buying the album at Animate will get you into a raffle to any number of cast events.

On May 13th Natsuki Hanae and MAO will be at the Animate Akihabara at 2pm (doors open at 1:30pm) for a talk-show style event until 3pm.

On May 28th Natsuki Hanae and Chika Sakamato will be at the Animate Ikebukuro at 1pm (doors open at 12:30pm) for a talk-show style event until 2:30pm. This event will also have products/goods given out by Hanae and Sakamato based on a coupon/voucher system.

Also on June 3rd, Mimori Suzuko and Atori Shigematsu will be at the Animate Akihabara at 1pm (doors open at 12:30pm) for a talk-show style event until 2:30pm.

Tickets will be available via raffle for anyone who pre-orders or buys either version of both character song albums between March 1st and April 23rd at any Animate store (customers who have already pre-ordered will be given details on how to participate.) They'll give you the information on how to apply at the store when you pre-order (it can be done both online or via postcard.)

Prior information about the character albums can be found here.

Update- We've updated the images above with much larger and clearer versions. The original versions are just below.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Everyone sounds so amazing. THe cd covers are adorable. This is truly a great album.

The newest pop idol group!
    Fluffy and Cute!

I'm a Maniac
    Aw that's so cute how the partner songs compliment each other! It's nice to be able to preview the tracks too, and without region blocks. I hope because I don't see "Keep On" or any of the other characters (Nishijima, Maki, etc) that there will be another album like this too.

I wondered it when I first saw the image, but sort of dismissed it as looking for something that wasn't there...

But now that I've seen a handful of other people wonder about it...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Are Mimi and Takeru's hats on the cover a 'wink' to Wada Kouji's hats?

He wore a number of hats with similar designs over the years. It might just be a coincidence... but interesting to wonder about.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    I would say they are a wink to Wada's hats. And if so, tips my hat to them for doing that.

Yamato/Gabumon's For Me/For You and Jou/Gomamon's I Can't/You Can are absolutely adorable and makes me so happy.

Updated the images in the newspost with relatively good, much larger, versions of the covers.

Gabumon's song seriously makes my heart melt... also love the artwork for all of this, too! I usually don't purchase CDs but I think this one is a must!

Follow akamon25 On Twitter Add akamon25 on Google+ Follow akamon25 on DeviantArt Visit akamon25's Youtube Channel
    kari's song was like, aww ^^

Got a chance to listen to them all. As expected, the Digimon's songs are more 'gimmicky' and don't really sound like actual songs anyone would listen to. Exceptions being Gabumon's, Gomamon's, and Meicoomon's, interestingly. Each of those is a decent song, only held back by weak singers (or rather, actors trying to stay in character, they probably sing just fine when they aren't pretending to be digimon). Piyomon's voice is surprisingly good! Her song is kinda trash, though.

The kids songs are generally stronger, though Mimi's is idol trash and sounds like it belongs on the Digimon's CD next to Patamon's. Taichi's is kinda disappointing. Koushirou's is great, but held back by a weak singer (or a singer trying really hard to stay in character more likely). Hikari's is kinda bland, but otherwise fine.

Yamato's, Jou's, and Gomamon's singles are shining gems that I think I would actually listen to in public.

Too bad, none of my favorite characters got good songs.
    Last edited by Jay Ukyou; 03-01-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast