With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Digimon story ideas and themes you are sick off, and ones you would like to see

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    There is precedent for that after all, look at Wormmon and Guilmon for example.
    And Snimon's pretty much always evil in the anime.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    I want the characters to give their Digimon nicknames because if you just call your Digimon by it's species' name when there are others of the same species around it just gets stupid.

I don't want the Digimon Analyzer to give any information beyond name, type, and special attack; when it starts saying things like "Imperialdramon Dragon Mode is the strongest Digimon there is" or "From an evil scale of 1-10, Gazimon would be an 11", the racism makes me physically cringe. Speaking of racism, I also don't want all virus types to be bad or all vaccine types to be good.

Also, will you be using dub or sub terminology?
    Okay then added to the list
    5. Not all Vaccine are good, not all Viruses are evil(Data's are not neutral just to cover all bases lol)
    Well in a game you don't usually do an analyzer

As for terminology I use Sub, to much of the dub stuff is stupid, the words they just jam digi onto is not appealing, especially digivolution. And also what the hell is a Rotus? lol Savers dub joke =P
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Element View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Sorry, "Shipping" is internet shorthand for "Relationshipping" or "putting two characters in a romantic relationship". And I want that shit out of Digimon as much as possible. If I wanted romance, I can find MUCH better stories and characters that can properly explore the subject. Digimon is pretty much the worst place to get romance I can think of...
    So your tired of human relationshiping right? when have they ever done one between a human and digimon, besides like their bond in a platonic way so the digimon can reach ultimate or whatever?
    They haven't. That's why I'm still a fan of this franchise. Human/Digimon romantic stuff gets real pandering real quickly in an awful way. I believe it's POSSIBLE to tell this story in a respectful, meaningful way... but not in a kids show. That's the realm of fanfiction only. And the problem with that is... of course... most fanfiction is absolutely pandering, mostly to the fetishes of the author, instead of trying to tell a meaningful story about the complexities of some kind of interspecies romance.

Then again if I do ault characters romance would fit a lot better for instance if a guy has a child digimon as a partner ho still act childish it might get jealous if he is in a relationship and tells him to buzz off while the guy is romancing his lady. Last thing I would want is an agumon like the one from savers demanding that we play video games while I'm cooking my girlfriend a valentiens dinner lol.
    But I do get your point the romance thing is played out to me because its always among children with the ackward I'm still figuring out how to do this angle
    Well, that example, and your example about BigSister!Renamon and Motherly!Kyuubimon, are not -romantic- relationships. Even in the scenario you mentioned about the two adult characters dating, the focus on the tension there was between the childlike Digimon and the parentlike Tamer.

That's not shipping, that's family drama using Digimon as window dressing. (And I love those ideas, by the way.)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    I second H A K A S E's suggestion about not wanting all viruses to be evil/all vaccines to be good. There is precedent for that after all, look at Wormmon and Guilmon for example.
    They were special cases. Worm was a partner of the evil ones, so I think they made him Virus just to match his (then) evil partner. Takato chose Virus as Guilmon's attribute since he thought Virus Digimons were strong and cool.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Takato chose Virus as Guilmon's attribute since he Virus Digimons were strong and cool.
    because they are strong and cool
    キーモン:ブラストモード

I want a game where your dad is killed and all the put is blamed on you and you have to run away to a small mountain town lol

But really, I do kind of like the idea of human and Digimon romance, as other people have said. Even if it's a bit weird, I bet it could be interesting. I've always found the whole concept very interesting. Just as long as it doesn't like, do anything weird and turn into a dating sim where you can rub Gaomon's face making him all flustered like in the newer fire emblem games. Make it clean and simple

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    How about a human partner that has a relationship with another huma, but they have a partner digimon that is in love with him so there is a triangle going on lol Who doesn't like unrequited love stories
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678