With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Appmon Updates- Yuujin & Offmon, AppliDrive Duo, Other Updates

Appmon Updates- Yuujin & Offmon, AppliDrive Duo, Other Updates

We have some new Appmon updates courtesy of what appears to be pages from a toy catalogue.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, we get a reveal of the 5th AppliDriver...

and it's Yuujin!

Yuujin will have a new, upgraded AppliDrive called the AppliDrive DUO. This new AppliDrive (and Yuujin being an AppliDriver?) will happen in April.

Haru and the others will receive their upgrades to have DUOs around June.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The new AppliDrive DUO will cost 5,500 yen for its product, and there will be sets called "Appmon Pairing Cover DUO" to convert them to Haru, Eri, Tora, and Rei's that cost 800 yen.

The DUO cover sets are:
    Gatchmon Version- includes Gatchmon and Globemon Appmon Chips
    Dokamon Version- includes Dokamon and Oujamon Appmon Chips
    Musimon Version- includes Musimon and Entermon Appmon Chips
    Hackmon Version- includes Hackmon and Revivemon Appmon Chips

Update- In June they will sell Haru's AppliDrive DUO that will come with a Globemon chip.

The new AppliDrive DUO will feature Appliarise mode, the Encount System, Applink, and a Collect mode.

Yuujin's Appmon Buddy will be Offmon, from the Appmon 3ds game (can Onmon be far behind?)

Images show Offmon's higher forms Logamon and Shutmon.

In addition, we get images of Biomon, Beautymon, Fakemon, Charismon, who are stated to be 'the strongest enemies.' (Update- A misunderstanding while writing for the article had incorrect details for these Appmon.)

The Shutmon figure that we first found out about a few days ago we have pictures for.

In addition, the Seven Code Band will appear in the show in March, so not to much of a wait for it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We finish with a look at a bunch of new/upcoming Appmon Chips. Thanks to garm for a full list of them....

4.0 (on sale early april)

Common:
    Gatchmon Plus Dokamon
    Yadomon
    Savemon
    Ecomon
    Trickmon
    Moneymon
    Kakeimon
    Lightmon
    Puzzlemon
    Racemon
    Offmon
    Dogtachmon Plus Shotmon
    Vegasmon
    Roamon
    Craftmon

Rare:
    Mediamon Plus Dosukomon
    Logimon
    Logomon
    Cometmon

SR:
    Satellamon
    Warudamon
    Shutmon

PR:
    Bootmon Premium Ver.
    Shutmon Premium Ver.

5.0 (on sale early june)

Common:
    Jetmon
    Pipomon
    Bookmon
    Musclemon
    Spamon
    Jishomon
    Diarymon
    Onpamon
    Jammingmon
    Gossipmon
    Coordimon
    Docmon
    Consulmon
    Libramon
    Braimon

Rare:
    Raidramon Plus Mediamon
    Warpmon
    Globemon Plus Weatherdramon
    Damedamon

SR:
    Biomon
    Beautymon
    Fakemon
    Bootmon

Big thanks to Peachy for the images. Also thanks to Shadow Shinji who made us aware of some of this about a week ago (the image at the time was only of Yuujin and Offmon. It was so tiny and blurry and damaged it was impossible to tell if it was real or not.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Offmon huh? That's a cool link to the 3DS game, just ordered the game myself yesterday.

Yeah, Yuujin felt way too important to be a side character. Not a surprise at all.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Woaaah I can't be more hyped right now!!! Offmon is one of my favourites Appmon since it had been first revealed back in Summer. Wonder how all this is developed in the anime later on And on a side note, isn't Yuujin supposed to be in the evil-side?

Ooh, neat that Offmon will be showing up in the series! Makes me think Onmon will appear at some point too. Perhaps as Ai's buddy Appmon. Would make sense as Yuujin and Ai are often portrayed as being Haru's most important contacts outside of the other Applidrivers.

I'm a Maniac
    Offmon? I was expecting him to be partnered to Cameramon.
    BTW, a couple of things I noticed from the pictures:
    1. It appears the DUO doesn't slide like the old Appli Drive, it seems instead you press a button and the circle on top rotates and opens up to insert the chip.
    2. Haru, Rei, Astra and Eri all have golden as the second color of their appli drive while Yuujin has white/silver. Could be nothing or it could be a sign that they obtained their DUO from different sources or through different methods.
    3. Charismon, Beautymon, Fakemon and Biomon get a lot of protagonism in these, so I guess that almost confirms the god grades from the 3ds game will be their god grades in the anime and not the darkened silhouettes from the poster.
    Last edited by Neilandio; 02-25-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    Offmon? I was expecting him to be partnered to Cameramon.
    Cameramon is technically history and has an unnamed partner already.

Anyway, I knew the next Chip Dictionary update was coming between late March and April thanks to Ainz but it's good to see news regarding that update.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-25-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    I also thought that Cameramon would be Yuujin's partner, if only because his chip's logo is featured in the "Digimon Universe: Applimonsters" branding... but, like Watchmon, that could have been a total false positive. Offmon, however, is super cute and makes a ton of sense considering that Shutmon is a component of the God grade Rebootmon. (Not sure if this is considered a spoiler? Just being safe)

I... kind of hate the designs of the DUOs compared to the OG model.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

I had not realized that Shutmon's swords were actually a pair of scissors. Weird. The figure looks good, though.

Who's that leave to be Cameramon's partner? Just Rei's brother?

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Wow, the hero’s buddy winds up paired with the wolf digimon. Why on Earth didn’t that possibility cross my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Images show Offmon's higher forms Logamon and Shutmon. In addition, we see Offmon will have 4 'Kiwame' Appmon forms (upgraded forms.)
    You mean Charismon et al? Looks to me more like they’re just Yūjin’s secondary appmon. It would be nice if they were alternate evolutions though: that would be a very Sentai sixth ranger touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Witherjay View Post
    Makes me think Onmon will appear at some point too. Perhaps as Ai's buddy Appmon. Would make sense as Yuujin and Ai are often portrayed as being Haru's most important contacts outside of the other Applidrivers.
    Yarp. They’ll wind up fusing together too since that’s how Onmon’s and Offmon’s god-grade form is achieved. I wonder if their bond will be entirely platonic and based on mutual support of Haru; or explicitly depicted as a platonic reconciliation after Ai loses romantic interest in Yūjin (though I don’t recall him ever showing any in her); or if her seeming interest in Haru is a false flag and she’s going to wind up with alpha male Yūjin in the end anyway, which would be so potentially painful for Haru and such a valuable life lesson for viewers that I can’t imagine they’d actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Cameramon is technically history and has an unnamed partner already.
    There’s nothing technical about it, and that unnamed partner easily could have turned out to be Yūjin. Shit, though, maybe it’s Watson. He’s fucking everywhere and he’s always in the know about the tech shit, so maybe he’s in deep cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    You mean Charismon et al? Looks to me more like they’re just Yūjin’s secondary appmon. It would be nice if they were alternate evolutions though: that would be a very Sentai sixth ranger touch.
    A misunderstanding between me and shin in making notes lead to a mistake in the article.

I've changed the text significantly in regards to these 4 Appmon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast