With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5- Symbiosis in 2017, Update- Poster & Name explanation

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5- Symbiosis in 2017, Update- Poster & Name explanation

We have the title for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 and the poster!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

デジモンアドベンチャーtri.第5章「共生」

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5- Symbiosis

The word could also be translated as Union or Paragenesis, but I've chosen to go with Symbiosis for now based on specific elements of the franchise and a few things that came up in Part 4. My interpretation could obviously be wrong.

And it's confirmed for 2017. No month or date... yet.

Hopefully we get the full date and a better image of the poster soon.

Thanks to C-MC for the info, and the various Twitter users who posted the info also.

The poster really is a doozy...

Update- Added a new version of the poster that is easier to see. Version up above has had some perspective correction by me.

Original version of this new image is just below.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to tomo2_goma for the new image.

It's worth mentioning, until we get an official release of the image, it's always possible images can be faked, although this does appear to be real.

Official releases tend to show up reasonable quickly. SO hopefully we get a cleaner look at this image soon.

Update- Tweaked the wording that 共生 has other translations/explanations and gave a short explanation why I chose to go with Symbiosis.

Update- Original images below..

Went ahead and did perspective correction and some slight color tweaks on the image we have.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Big thanks to watching43 for the image.

And it's confirmed for 2017. No month or date... yet.

Hopefully we get the full date and a preview of the poster soon.

Update- Here is a more detailed explanation of using Symbiosis for those interested...

共生 can be symbiosis, union, paragenesis.

We've chosen Symbiosis for a few reasons.

共生生物 is the Japanese spelling for symbiont (an organism in symbiosis) which contains the full kanji of the part 5 title.

If it were union instead of symbiosis, you'd expect something more like 連合 (union/alliance/combination), 組合 (union/association), or a few other choices.

In addition, the Digimon franchise has had quite a few elements of humans and Digimons and the human and digital world being connected as a theme going back to the Digimon partner's of Adventure, and some elements of this were brought up again in part 4.

The final translation Toei uses could end up being Union, but based on the kanji chosen, and the history of the franchise, we believe Symbiosis makes the most sense to use right now given the kanji used, elements of the franchise itself, and comments from staff regarding them contemplating the 02 epilogue.

Some well known, well-reputed, Japanese to English resources for those interested, since we double checked using Japanese to English resources, to make sure we had a proper Japanese perspective also:
    Goo
    Weblio
    Yahoo Japan
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    Take with a grain of salt, but according to 2ch, the poster is pink, and the characters are Meiko, Hikari, Ofanimon, and Meicoomon's Ultimate. And they also said the date is not shown.

I can't believe it. Ofanimon!? Then why the Huck did they use Holydramon in every promotional thing, even the Digivices and the cards?

Do I need spoiler tags for that? If not, then I'll edit it out.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Spoiler tags are good for now.

And as I've said, while I expected Holydramon products are often wrong or made without knowing the full picture, plans can change, etc.

Interesting though...
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Take with a grain of salt, but according to 2ch, the poster is pink, and the characters are Meiko, Hikari, Ofanimon, and Meicoomon's Ultimate. And they also said the date is not shown.

I can't believe it. Ofanimon!? Then why the Huck did they use Holydramon in every promotional thing, even the Digivices and the cards?

Do I need spoiler tags for that? If not, then I'll edit it out.
    If this is true, I supose there's a possibility that:

Tailmon have two mega evolutions in OVA 5.

I mean, they've been showing Holydramon as Tailmon's main evolution all the time. Maybe Tailmon can reach another mega evolution more convenient against the infection (after all, Ofanimon is a healer and purifier).

Ain't got no mojo... DazzleDream's Avatar
    Add DazzleDream on Steam
    Another possibility is that they may be using the reboot as a way to change her Ultimate. After-all; she was able to stay as Gatomon due to her harsh upringing: Maybe that also contributed to her Ultimate being Holydramon to some extent? So, after the reboot, Ofanimon would be the result instead.

I can't say I'd be too surprised if they are going forward with Ophanimon since like Vikemon she effectively replaced Holydramon as Hikari's Ultimate after 02 ended, though I will say it's a bit confusing how it's inconsistent with the merchandise around Tri. I wonder if there is a story reason for that like suggested above, or if they're just doing it that way because of the 02 movie and that was what most anime fans were familiar with.

Other then that, if that detail is true, I'm curious what they will do with Ophanimon and what Meicoomon's evolution looks like.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Ophanimon? I'd rather Magnadramon because it was already used, tbh. Perhaps it's a different Ophanimon, since she's in that group with Cherubimon etc.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Ophanimon? I'd rather Magnadramon because it was already used, tbh. Perhaps it's a different Ophanimon, since she's in that group with Cherubimon etc.
    yeah I'd rather want Holydramon rather than Ofanimon :/

My prediction is that:

One of them is the corrupted/virus form and the other is the true evolution. It'd be a nice callback to the Skullgreymon arc in Adventure. In my opinion, I'd rather have Ophanimon be the true Mega form since I prefer it to Holydramon.

Though I guess we'll just have to wait until we see the poster to know for sure.

Ain't got no mojo...
    please don't make "all dead digimon in human world will be revived" be the excuse to make Vandemon comeback as main villain for part 5

So there are not yet any info regarding the enemy in the said poster?

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast