With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5- Symbiosis in 2017, Update- Poster & Name explanation

Red shirt
    I don't want to see that damn ugly oversued vamdemon agein. He does not need to be leomon of the bad guys. Be in every series just to be killed. We have seen enough of him. The reason behind the emergence of the fallen angel should be related to tri's plot somehow. Now that we have yggdrasil, homeostasis, libra, jesmon, alphamon, dark gennai, and original digidestined, it's better for old enemies just to grunt and growl and then be exterminated like dark mssters in loss. There is no time for them doing significant things. Specially that ubiquitous vamdemon.
    And about the memory loss. I don't think it's a big deal. If you remember the first digimon adventure series, you can understand that these eight digimon were made or at least manipulated by gennai and his colleagues to be linked to some other creatures in the human world. After the reboot, dark gennai couldn't have done this to them and yet they have still retained their tendency to become allies with digidestined. It contradicts the reboot. So maybe this digital world after reboot is really very different or homeostasis did something to prevent the eight digimon to be completely rebooted. Know that we know the reboot was the will of yggdrasil, I wonder if meicoomon is in fact the big sacrifice. We just saw one of her true form while counting the digimon on the poster, three of her fallen or vicous or whatever modes are shown to us. The real meicoomon is really adorable and innocent but is at the same time source of a destructive virus. So what if she can overcome her infection and find some other powerfull power sealed within herself that can put and to all this mess but needs her sacrificial death to be unleashed.
    Maybe meiko will be the 4th girl in digimon anime series whose digimon's permanent death will lead to some kind of miracle. Alice's dobermon, himekawa's megadramon and specially Minami's virtual pet MEI. Similar names and similar roles maybe as bettle of adventurers has some other similarities with tri. The death of meicoomon can be regarded as a really big sacrifce and it can put an end to the whole infection and homeostasis would rather desire that kind of things not a memory loss. Homeostasis as a godly figure in digital world definitely knew that meicoomon is immune to the reboot, otherwise it could not be regrded as the god or the host computer or ... that doesn't seem to be the case. Reboot was solely based on yggdrasil's wish and thus we still don't know what is the big sacrifice homeostasis talked about but it definitely can't be any consequence of reboot such as memory loss.

I kind of hope Hikari does end up at least corrupted at one point or so, but that's just me and my wishful thinking.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    I don't want to see that damn ugly oversued vamdemon agein.
    Too bad, because you probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    If there's any antagonist I want to see return, it's frigging Daemon himself. Again, wishful thinking.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Fortunately, I have enough time to make myself believe I've always liked him lol.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Based on previous movies, there will be more returning characters most likely.

While Vandemon could be one of them, probably he won't take any main role (at best, he would appear as flashback). Since any returning characters so far weren't really contribute to plot (except Leomon and his shitty luck of staying alive).

Yes Imperialdramon & Darkmasters were back. But they only served their role as final boss at each movie (which had no dialogue at all). With no Vandemon at poster, his appearance would be either short or not that important
    Last edited by sulmandinah; 03-11-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Does anyone else think that Meiko could be holding something in her clenched fist like Hikari? Like maybe her Digivice? I mean there's no way for us to know and it's wishful thinking, but I think it'd be great thematically if she was holding her Digivice to show her growing into her responsibilities as a chosen. Again, wishful thinking, but with the whistle in Hikari's hand I thought it was worth saying.

Whatever happens next, I just want Tri to end well. We got some nice surprises until now. Lets hope the best part is yet to come, hopefully in part 6. It doesn't have to be a huge fight or a shocking plot twist. Or more fanservice. We're most likely never seeing these characters in a new story again. I really wouldn't like to say goodbye with some questions unaswered.

On another note, I'd really like too see the 02 cast in the next movies. Popular or not, they are part of the story. Maybe whatever happens to Hikari has already happened to them. We're also still in the dark about Alphamon. I wonder if two movies are enough to wrap everything up nicely (considering the pace up until now).

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by pipefox_pedro View Post
    Whatever happens next, I just want Tri to end well. We got some nice surprises until now. Lets hope the best part is yet to come, hopefully in part 6. It doesn't have to be a huge fight or a shocking plot twist. Or more fanservice. We're most likely never seeing these characters in a new story again. I really wouldn't like to say goodbye with some questions unaswered.

On another note, I'd really like too see the 02 cast in the next movies. Popular or not, they are part of the story. Maybe whatever happens to Hikari has already happened to them. We're also still in the dark about Alphamon. I wonder if two movies are enough to wrap everything up nicely (considering the pace up until now).
    At this moment, it's is difficult to know how Tri's story will develop in the other two movies. Also, it is always possible for them to continue the story in some other way.

Regarding 02 kids, although they are part of the mystery in Tri, I doubt they will have an active role since Tri focuses so little on them. I just hope 02 kids aren't voiceless cameos.
    Last edited by Kon; 03-13-2017 at 03:12 PM.

My thought is it that perhaps Gatomon/Tailmon gets re-infected, since it doesn't seem natural for Hikari to have Falldown Mode, and every poster before has featured the main enemy digimon. If this is the case, I wonder what happens that keeps the others from fighting, prompting Meiko to step up. Perhaps a number of the others are also re-infected? Or maybe Piedmon and Puppetmon are thrown at them. At any rate, I'll be satisfied as long as the fight is more like Alphamon's and Imperialdramon's, and not like Machinedramon/Mugendramon's.

Given the cliffhanger ending of Part 4, the remaining 2 Dark Masters, and Alphamon still at large, along with there being no apparent obstacles set up yet for this movie (the first 3 movies lack of a pursuable objective, and the 4th's reconnecting with their partners) it'd be nice to have more than just the one fight this time too. With Part 5 having all 9 characters' mega/ultimate stages obtained, Part 6's fights will need to up the scale by a lot as well.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast