With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5- Symbiosis in 2017, Update- Poster & Name explanation

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I'm not sure why people are saying Ofanimon Fall-Down Mode looks too big. We've never seen either her or Ofanimon in Adventure before. And Ofanimon was larger than human in Frontier anyway.
    Especially considering that it wasn't just the movie appearances that made Angemon and Angewomon be larger than humans (example). I think people have been looking at too much fan art lately

The potential translation of Symbiosis brings to mind Kari and Homeostasis. Not being able to see Kari's eyes should definitely indicate something's off with her. I can't tell if she's clutching something or making a fist, but she looks like she could be angry (which makes sense with FM there). Also, yeah, that's a lot of 2's in the code for the poster.

As far as Ophanimon / Magnadramon / Falldown Mode… meh, we really don't know anything about the context, and this really seems to be a play at the fact that there's been so much fan discussion already. I'm gonna bet this is a ploy to create hype without even answering the evo question.

I thought Hikari was holding the whistle in the poster art?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    The real mega form is going to turn out to be babamon, just to mess with everyone.
    Smh... that would be garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I thought Hikari was holding the whistle in the poster art?
    I think it is the whistle she's holding...

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    Everyone was saying it was Ophanimon in the poster, and I was I don't see it, then I was looking digimon today and appearntly I didn't know she had recieved a falldown mode which is cleary what the digimon in the poster is. I have missed several new digimon in my six year absence. lol
    Finding this out I agree with the earlier assumption that its a corrupted Ultimate for Tailmon. Seems to me that virus that the other cat digimon has gets in her.
    But this brings up the question if this is depecting the two ultimate cat's fighting, which one is one which side of the conflict. I doubt Ophanimon Falldown mode, is on the just side of it, and most likely the other cat who's name escapes me probably comes around. Or they or both bent on destruction and fight it out.
    Sorry if this has been said before, I haven't followed the thread in a while and I'm not going to go over 20 pages to see lol
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Ain't got no mojo...
    Wait, I just thought of something deviously terrible that they could do in the next movie. What if Tailmon is ALREADY working for the dark forces/Myotismon by the time the Chosen meet up with them again? I keep thinking about the look she gives into the depths of the forest at the campfire and emotional reasons Hikari would go dark besides the virus or Dark Ocean. It would be such a devious move but it would be so interesting to go to for Hikari. As a protected Mary Sue character whose knight in Digi Armor has always been Tailmon, I can see it being a really interesting way to explore her character in the face of potentially losing those who protect her AND dealing with the emotional strain of being betrayed by the person she trusted the most. It's super unlikely amd crack filled but with the way Tri has been exploring different character psyches I think it would be a really interesting place to go. Itd be the thing that finally plunges her into the dark but she's forced to get herself out of it.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DigimonTrash View Post
    Wait, I just thought of something deviously terrible that they could do in the next movie. What if Tailmon is ALREADY working for the dark forces/Myotismon by the time the Chosen meet up with them again? I keep thinking about the look she gives into the depths of the forest at the campfire and emotional reasons Hikari would go dark besides the virus or Dark Ocean. It would be such a devious move but it would be so interesting to go to for Hikari. As a protected Mary Sue character whose knight in Digi Armor has always been Tailmon, I can see it being a really interesting way to explore her character in the face of potentially losing those who protect her AND dealing with the emotional strain of being betrayed by the person she trusted the most. It's super unlikely amd crack filled but with the way Tri has been exploring different character psyches I think it would be a really interesting place to go. Itd be the thing that finally plunges her into the dark but she's forced to get herself out of it.
    Well considering that she wasn't even Tailmon when Hikari met her again...she was a baby, with the others, liking the scent of Hikari's whistle....daftest theory I've read so far...

Ain't got no mojo...
    I think Hikari will become so angry at Gennai for what he did to Meiko that her "sense of justice" will drive Tailmon or Angewomon to digivolve into Ophanimon fallen mode. Which somewhat fits with Ophanimon's falldown mode story, who went mad due to its obsession with delivering "judgement".

I think the fact that Hikari's holding the whistle in the poster is the best indication that the theory about Tailmon getting her awful abusive memories back is what might trigger the evolution to Ophanimon FM.

I also think that this is best narrative choice for bringing back the Digimon's memories. Instead of it feeling like a cheap ploy to make all the fans happy that "Yay, the Digimon got their memories back!", it'll be this dark thing that has serious consequences for Hikari and Tailmon. That would be MUCH more narratively sound, and a lot more satisfying to -me-. It allows the writers to have the memory loss still -mean- something.
    Last edited by Jay Ukyou; 03-07-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.