With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 241

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5- Symbiosis in 2017, Update- Poster & Name explanation

  1. #131
    Red shirt Kiimon: Blast Mode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    文京区(Bunkyo)
    Posts
    73
    I wasn't sure whether Meiko was actually dead or not and given this is aimed more towards adults (and Tamers which was aimed at kids got away with killing Leomon permanently) I would have actually believed she was dead. And then this poster came out to spoil it.
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

  2. #132
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,887
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Moved a few posts here to prevent off-topic discussion: http://withthewill.net/threads/17060...gy-as-the-sub/
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  3. #133
    Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Age
    21
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post
    and Ophanimon Falldown Mode is a mode change, not another digimon in and of itself. There has to be an Ophanimon for it to mode change.
    We have no reason to assume that a digimon cannot digivolve directly to Falldown Mode, we can't just take for granted that this is how they are going to treat it.
    We've already seen how tri. handles mode changes. Meicoomon and Meicrackmon have both mode changed from their normal forms to their Vicious Modes. Exactly why would it be different with Ophanimon? Just because some people want to see Holydramon?

    I really don't think so.

  4. #134
    ...I'm not sure why they couldn't do it differently.

    They could easily have her evolve, and have Koushiro pull up the info and be like "it's Ophanimon... but a corrupted version!"


    At the moment we know nothing beyond... oh look, Ophanimon Falldown Mode is on a poster.


    We have no idea how the crew would want to handle it thematically, or handle a 'purified' evolution, be it Ophanimon, Holydramon, or someone else.


    My preference is Ophanimon, but to act like we have the facts of the situation... at this point everyone is just guessing based on what they want, not any sort of 'fact' of what we will see.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  5. #135
    Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Age
    21
    Posts
    262
    That's fair, but I'm sort of just trying to make an educated guess for the matter. At this point we have more reason to assume that they'll go with Ophanimon than we do that they'll go with Holydramon, but even still that's flimsy and tangential.

    I actually do prefer Ophanimon as a general rule, but I made my peace with the fact that they would be going with Holydramon back when the tri. inspired cards were released. It's just sort of that I don't see the logic in them using Falldown Mode as a simple dark digivolution when we've already seen the same team treat Meicoomon's own mode changes as just that, mode changes.

    Even if Angewomon goes straight to Falldown Mode I think that at the end of it all, when she's purified and everything is back to normal, that she would turn back into the normal Ophanimon - and perhaps Falldown Mode happens early and the climax is the appearance of normal Ophanimon?

    Then again, it's also possible they'll save the reveal of Hikari's normal mega for movie six.

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post

    Meicoomon and Meicrackmon have both mode changed from their normal forms to their Vicious Modes.
    Have we seen a version of Meicrackmon that is not in vicious mode?

  7. #137
    Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Age
    21
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post

    Meicoomon and Meicrackmon have both mode changed from their normal forms to their Vicious Modes.
    Have we seen a version of Meicrackmon that is not in vicious mode?
    There may have been one in next -0rder-, but the fact that her name ends in Vicious Mode implies that she has a normal form regardless.

  8. #138
    I'm a Maniac amozu16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    125
    Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiwin View Post
    I honestly don't see Gatomon digivolving to both Ophanimon and Holydramon. If her corrupted digivolution is into Ophanimon: Falldown Mode, I don't see why her non-corrupted form would be anything other than the regular Ophanimon.
    In this instance, it would hypothetically be Angewomon experiencing the Dark Evolution, not the Mega.

    While I agree that this is somewhat odd, there's some precedent for a Dark Evolution resulting into something radically different from / unrelated to the normal-circumstances next form (Guilmon with Gallantmon and Megidramon) (MagnaAngemon in Next, who went into Murmukusmon rather than the demonic form of Seraphimon). Holydramon not really having any corrupted alternates might well also be a factor in whatever's up here.
    That's not really the same thing though, I mean that'd be like if Guilmon became ChaosGallantmon as a dark evolution, only to evolve into Megidramon

  9. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by amozu16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiwin View Post
    I honestly don't see Gatomon digivolving to both Ophanimon and Holydramon. If her corrupted digivolution is into Ophanimon: Falldown Mode, I don't see why her non-corrupted form would be anything other than the regular Ophanimon.
    In this instance, it would hypothetically be Angewomon experiencing the Dark Evolution, not the Mega.

    While I agree that this is somewhat odd, there's some precedent for a Dark Evolution resulting into something radically different from / unrelated to the normal-circumstances next form (Guilmon with Gallantmon and Megidramon) (MagnaAngemon in Next, who went into Murmukusmon rather than the demonic form of Seraphimon). Holydramon not really having any corrupted alternates might well also be a factor in whatever's up here.
    That's not really the same thing though, I mean that'd be like if Guilmon became ChaosGallantmon as a dark evolution, only to evolve into Megidramon
    How? ChaosGallantmon and Megidramon would both be "dark" forms.

    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post

    Meicoomon and Meicrackmon have both mode changed from their normal forms to their Vicious Modes.
    Have we seen a version of Meicrackmon that is not in vicious mode?
    There may have been one in next -0rder-, but the fact that her name ends in Vicious Mode implies that she has a normal form regardless.
    Oh, okay, but your argument was that there is a precedent of two modes of a couple digimon appearing in tri and that this was unlikely to change now, except there is no such precedent really after all?
    Last edited by Grimmon; 02-27-2017 at 01:57 AM.

  10. #140
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2
    If the movie reveals Ophanimon FM too early, its a confirmation that we will actually get Holydramon in the end! It just makes more sense to me. If Ophanimon appears in the end she will go from FM to Ophanimon or she will reach Ophanimon and then she will go to FM. I still hope we get Holydramon though, it's so special and beautiful, I don't need a female Seraphimon, the reason I love Holydramon so much is exactly because it separates patamon and gatomon from their weird bond

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •