With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So now that we have Agumon and Gabumon in Universe...

So now that we have Agumon and Gabumon in Universe...

Do you guys think we will get normal Digimon in the Anime?
    I think we have a chance...

Deep Web is a good place for it to happen, like "discovering the appmon origins" or something.
    What you guys think?

I feel like it's really unlikely for any kind of 'crossover' Digimon to show up in the anime.

There could be a very slim chance that we'll see an Agumon-as-an-Appmon, though. Like, I highly doubt we'll see him show up and introduce himself as a Digimon, or have anything to do with Taichi. But it's possible that there might be an Appmon that just naturally occurs in the Net Ocean/Deep Web that's shaped like an Agumon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I feel like it's really unlikely for any kind of 'crossover' Digimon to show up in the anime.

There could be a very slim chance that we'll see an Agumon-as-an-Appmon, though. Like, I highly doubt we'll see him show up and introduce himself as a Digimon, or have anything to do with Taichi. But it's possible that there might be an Appmon that just naturally occurs in the Net Ocean/Deep Web that's shaped like an Agumon.
    Just for you to know, the Agumon and Gabumon are not "Crossover".
    They are treated as Appmon, born in the Universe World, you can see it in the Magazine.
    They have the App for "Brave" and "Friendship" and all.

I really feel like either the Deep Web or the Dark Web are going to be this world's Digital World and I feel like they'll contain Digimon.

I'm aware. I just wanted to clarify that I think it's basically impossible we will be seeing, for example, Taichi's Agumon appear in Appmon as a crossover or even as a 'Digimon'. He will be an app-based monster if he appears at all. (I think there's a decent shot he'll show up in a background crowd scene!)

I'm aware. I just wanted to clarify that I think it's basically impossible we will be seeing, for example, Taichi's Agumon appear in Appmon as a crossover or even as a 'Digimon'. He will be an app-based monster if he appears at all. (I think there's a decent shot he'll show up in a background crowd scene!)
    You know what? It's not impossible.
    Digimon is turning 20 , and they can go and make a new Crossover if they want.
    But in that case , the Gabumon and Agumon are not Crossover.

While it's true that the inclusion of Digimon cards in the Appmon card game confirms the supposedly big difference between digimon and appmon (both in terms of in-universe lifeforms and franchise treatment) that people have been so hung up about as mostly imaginary, I don't think we can expect that much of a turnaround. The anime with both the worldbuilding and story has so far been appmon exclusive and just suddenly including Digimon directly would be more of a stretch there than in a card game.
    Maybe we can expect some more visual cameos maybe they'll mention the multiverse in the story at some point and give us some "nudge-nudge" kind of reference like "In some worlds they call Appmon by a different name", or some silhouettes like we saw with the ancient warriors in Frontier even though they never properly appeared in the episodes themselves. But I don't see them getting prominent roles or anything.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Emphasis on the part that shows that I know nothing is impossible, but you asked for opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    While it's true that the inclusion of Digimon cards in the Appmon card game confirms the supposedly big difference between digimon and appmon (both in terms of in-universe lifeforms and franchise treatment) that people have been so hung up about as mostly imaginary, I don't think we can expect that much of a turnaround. The anime with both the worldbuilding and story has so far been appmon exclusive and just suddenly including Digimon directly would be more of a stretch there than in a card game.
    Maybe we can expect some more visual cameos maybe they'll mention the multiverse in the story at some point and give us some "nudge-nudge" kind of reference like "In some worlds they call Appmon by a different name", or some silhouettes like we saw with the ancient warriors in Frontier even though they never properly appeared in the episodes themselves. But I don't see them getting prominent roles or anything.
    You know what? I don't think so.
    If Agumon , Gabumon and other Digimon are treated as "App Digimon" , they can easely apear in the Anime as well.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    My feeling is that these cards are where the cameos of Agumon, Gabimon, and Omegamon begin and end. These cards are clearly meant to be a promotion, presumably of tri given the timing.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-21-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast