With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So now that we have Agumon and Gabumon in Universe...

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    If Agumon and Gabumon are featured in an episode, great. I don't think it's likely but it would be a nice gimmick for an episode. I don't expect them to play a major or even a supporting role in the anime.

TBH I'm hoping more to see Onmon and Offmon appear and play a role instead.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

For me, I think it would be a fun inclusion, but would not inherently make it, overall, better or worse.

Still, I don't realistically expect a crossover. Yes, a major crossover has been done before (Hunters), but that wouldn't completely stop them. Nonetheless, the reason I don't see a crossover happening is the writing. Hunters was going for "how powerful can we get, let's merge essentially 7 megas into one"; here, the power levels are set and unarbritrary.

Follow xrick On Twitter Follow xrick on DeviantArt
    Can I ask what are you talking about?
    Does it involve any kind of images?

EDIT: OK, it seems you're talking about the Appmon Manga Cameo, right?
    Last edited by xrick; 02-22-2017 at 11:58 AM.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graizen View Post
    Deep Web is a good place for it to happen, like "discovering the appmon origins" or something.
    What you guys think?
    Yeah maybe. I donít think theyíve released very many more appmon in promotional materials yet since the show began, so that could mean that there arenít going to be that many more appmon, just digimon. Then again, they havenít even used most of the higher-level appmon in the show yet, so that could be what occupies the back half of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Deep Web is a good place for it to happen, like "discovering the appmon origins" or something.
    What you guys think?
    Yeah maybe. I donít think theyíve released very many more appmon in promotional materials yet since the show began, so that could mean that there arenít going to be that many more appmon, just digimon. Then again, they havenít even used most of the higher-level appmon in the show yet, so that could be what occupies the back half of the show.
    We will have 52 episodes. There will be much more.

Quote Originally Posted by xrick View Post
    Can I ask what are you talking about?
    Does it involve any kind of images?

EDIT: OK, it seems you're talking about the Appmon Manga Cameo, right?
    Agumon, Gabumon, WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon and Omegamon will all get cards in the appmon carddass cards and arcade game: http://withthewill.net/threads/17196...nfo-and-Images

We will have 52 episodes. There will be much more.
    You can't say that as if it's guaranteed. 148 Appmon are more than enough to carry the show through 52 episodes. After all we're approaching the halfway point and only around 40 or so appmon have appeared in the show. So even if the show introduces appmon at the same rate throughout the second half it wouldn't be enough for all existing appmon. Of course I don't expect the rate to remain the same; As the enemies will be stronger higher grade appmon they might not be as easily defeated in a single episode as the standard grades in previous episodes, and if they are established as multi episode threats that cuts back a lot on the appmon introduced as monsters of the week. Remember, there were only a total of 118 Digimon in the orignal Adventure anime. Later animes like frontier and xros wars usually get their count higher due to crowd scenes with many different digimon but whet we've seen of appmon so far, the Roleplaymon "school" the islands being themed after specific appmon like Reviewmon etc goes more in the direction of the single species villages we saw in adventure than the big cities in Frontier. And while the deep web might contain god knows what due its secludedness I don't really expect it to be densely populated. Overall besides the probably anime-exclusive god grade forms for the main appmon I'll expect maybe one or two new ultimate and god grade villains but apart from that not much more.
    Last edited by Theigno; 02-22-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12