With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd tri. Part 4 Tokuban! Updated with New tri. part 4 preview

2nd tri. Part 4 Tokuban! Updated with New tri. part 4 preview

The 2nd tri. part 4 Tokuban starts soon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A preview of the small set from the Digimon Twitter (I believe taken during or just after the rehearsal.)

It's currently 3:30am Pacific and the Tokuban is scheduled to start in an hour (I actually forgot they pushed back the start time from what was originally announced...)

This thread will be updated as we get any relevant news from the Tokuban.

A 10 minute preview of tri. Part 4 has been announced for this Tokuban, we intend to have screencaps down below, and I expect theigno will embed the footage once it shows up online, so be warned of potential spoilers. (Update- if you want to find the preview first, the new 5 minutes is down far far towards the bottom of this post. The prior 5 minutes from the first Tokuban weren't put online by the uploader.)

I originally expected to be around for it, but with the time being pushed back I expect to vanish. If I do pop out theigno is already around.

Edit- Still awake! Another preview right as it's getting ready to start!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update- Standby screen as we wait for it to properly start.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update 2- And the Tokuban begins!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They had previously teased that Junya Enoki (Takeru) would be wearing a special outfit during the Tokuban. It's revealed to be... the pop-up shop exclusive shirt featuring art he drew at a prior Tokuban.

Update 3- At the moment they are showing the tri. Part 3 Digest.

Update 4- No news thus far. At the moment they are playing a quiz.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They are being shown shots from the part 4 trailer and given a word, and they have to figure out the connection between the shot and word.

They've moved on to rock, paper, scissors.

Update 5- It appears a Tokuban tradition will continue...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I don't have an exact translation at the moment, but I believe this is announcing they are going to have the actors at this Tokuban draw. This has been a highlight of each Tokuban, to the extent they've started putting the art on display at the Wald 9, and are starting to sell apparel with some of the art on it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Junya Enoki is currently doing his drawing.

Update 6- The finished drawing!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Instead of separate drawings, all 3 of them drew this one image together.

At this point they've moved on to going over various items from the pop-up shop, items from Kiddy Land, and other general products.

They also briefly went over the namco Twitter campaign that has been running for awhile.

Update 7- They're now going over some of details of the upcoming tri. Music Cafe while sampling some of the Digimon themed food.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

We went over the Music Cafe at Ani-On information: food, drinks, and exclusive products in detail a few hours ago last night.

Update 8- It appears tri. will be returning to the King of System Karaoke chain!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Can't make out much from the image (no doubt they will give us plenty of info a bit later), but it appears form February 25th thru April 9th there will be some Digimon Adventure tri. part 4 stuff showing up at some King of System Karaoke shops. The only shop location I can make out is Ikebukuro...

They also pulled out the giant Meicoomon plush, which has pre-orders opening soon...

And directly after they showed footage from Next Order International Version, which only came out in Japan a few days ago.

Update 9- Our first big bit of news!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tracklistings for the character song albums!

In addition to the character songs, these will also have the 'TV size' versions of the OP/ED songs that have been used in the episodic version of tri.

Gave the tracklist it's own thread since we will probably have more details specific to that shortly.

Update 10- They are now showing more video clips.

They started with another in the series of delightful Agumon for Digimon Linkz ads and also showed an Appmon trailer.

Update 11- They've moved on to showing the 10 minute clip of tri. Part 4.

Update 12- The tri. preview is over.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Showing off the bonus item that comes with Keep On -tri. version- if you preorder it.

Both versions are currently up for pre-order on CDJapan for a few more days. (Affiliate Links.)

Keep On -tri. Version- CD
    Keep On -tri. Version- CD and DVD

They are now showing off the theater bonus items for tri. Part 4.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Atsuya Uki's items for week 3 are still not being shown yet/

Update 13- At the moment they are showing off some new smaller products.

I'm not sure it's 100% clear at the moment what these products are for (a tri. part 4 cup, an Agumon plastic case, some nice looking pins or clips, and tri. poster art clear files) but I'm guessing these are products that will be sold in theaters showing tri. part 4.

Gave these few new products their own thread since the tri. Preview and other bits will likely take over this thread.

Update 14- They pulled out the Tentomon shirt!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update 15- And it's over.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

One last shot, this one of them waving goodbye.

Update 16- Mimori Suzuko posted this picture.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

She also thanked everyone for watching.

Updaet 17- Here is the new 5 minutes of footage from the Tokuban.

Here's a link in case the embed doesn't work.

Appears Digisoul didn't upload the full 10 minutes, but only 5 minutes should be new. Thanks to neko for the heads up and to Vande for getting it up while I was asleep.

Info about this Tokuban from prior news threads is below... (slightly tweaked with any updated info we've gotten.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The stream will be on niconico.

The stream will open it's 'doors' at 9:20pm and the stream will officially start at 9:30pm (Japan time.) This is slightly different than the originally announced time of 9pm.

They've announced three guests for this new Tokuban.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

For this Tokuban we have Suzuko Mimori (Sora), Hitomi Yoshida (Mimi), and Junya Enoki (Takeru.)

For this Tokuban they've announced they will be showing the first part of tri. part 4 again (10 minutes this time instead of 5), along with going over the new pop-up shop items. They will also be going over the tri. part 4 home video release.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Is it just me, or did Koushiro actually use the word 'polyphenol' while talking about Oolong tea?

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Seriously, is it necessary that they spend half of the time doing this redundant stuff? I mean, for God's sake, we already know this characters because most of us grew up with them, is really significant plot-wise to still have this filler scenes at this point?

I was thinking of the episode 30 of Digimon Xros Wars, just before Shoutmon evolves into OmegaShoutmon, when the guys go to a restaurant to take some pasta and stuff, but it has kind of sense, since it's the meal that Akari was talking about since they got dragged into the Digital World (there was some kind of festival or contest during the first episode, I can't remember the exact details right now), but the scene itself doesn't last more than a couple of minutes, and it has something to say about the personal development of the characters (especially Akari's).

The point is, am I the only one that thinks that tri. wastes so much time in this meaningless stuff? :/
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 02-20-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    I dunno, I kind of enjoyed the comic relief that the bento scene provided. I also thought that the scene telegraphed that the kids and Digimon will rekindle their lost bonds quickly, which is going to be a source of anguish for Sora, since she and Yokomon are notably separate from one another in this scene.

I mean, I am sympathetic to the argument that tri. uses the Izzy characterization for Koushiro instead of his original (and that's my major gripe with the scene, but it's endemic of a bigger problem with how tri. has handled Koushiro's character), but I don't think that this scene is redundant or 'nostalgiservice'.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    Actually, I thought it was kinda nice to have some slice of life stuff. That's what I remember most about Adventure. It's not like there isn't going to be some epic battling and such later in the film anyway.
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

Merged the new footage thread into this one.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Ashley Cuadra's Avatar
    Follow Ashley Cuadra On Twitter Add Ashley Cuadra on Facebook Follow Ashley Cuadra on DeviantArt
    I want to see the clip

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetra Seleno View Post
    I dunno, I kind of enjoyed the comic relief that the bento scene provided. I also thought that the scene telegraphed that the kids and Digimon will rekindle their lost bonds quickly, which is going to be a source of anguish for Sora, since she and Yokomon are notably separate from one another in this scene.

I mean, I am sympathetic to the argument that tri. uses the Izzy characterization for Koushiro instead of his original (and that's my major gripe with the scene, but it's endemic of a bigger problem with how tri. has handled Koushiro's character), but I don't think that this scene is redundant or 'nostalgiservice'.
    Okay, maybe nostalgiservice it's not the most accurate term here. But c'mon let's be serious. Tri. is not a coventional Digimon TV show, its lenght included, and we already know most of the characters, most of this filler scenes are just unnecessary. If the main characters in tri. were other new guys instead of the ones you feel attached from Adventure (which, by the way, I adore), you would probably think that most of this approach is lame. Regarding the plot, let's analyze what we have here: you just walked into Meicoomon, the cause of the most troublesome actions happening there, and sadly you are unable to chase her down, but after that, why not doing a pic-nic and lose some more time, instead of trying to find out a way to catch her, or at least wonder why she has been able to keep all her memories unlike the others? Not at all. Discussing about tea is pretty more relevant (?)
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 02-21-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Bear in mind, the Chosen Children are attempting to bond with their Digimon, and one of the best ways of doing that is through sharing a meal. It's important that they establish these bonds once again. Their Digimon need to trust them if they are to evolve, catch Meicoomon, and fight off the baddies.

I like the character development in Tri, and I think that this scene will prove to be very pivotal, especially with regards to Sora and Piyomon.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Tri. is not a coventional Digimon TV show, its lenght included, and we already know most of the characters, most of this filler scenes are just necessary. If the main characters in tri. were other new guys instead of the ones you feel attached from Adventure (which, by the way, I adore), you would probably think that most of this approach is lame. Regarding the plot, let's analyze what we have here: you just walked into Meicoomon, the cause of the most troublesome actions happening there, and sadly you are unable to chase her down, but after that, why not doing a pic-nic and lose some more time, instead of trying to find out a way to catch her, or at least wonder why she has been able to keep all her memories unlike the others? Not at all. Discussing about tea is pretty more relevant (?)
    I think those are fair points, but I would counter that it's not unusual or uncharacteristic for the Chosen Children to throw up their hands, say "well, there's nothing we can do about that right now", and spend time with each other / their Digimon. I mean, during 01 x 42 ("Under Pressure" in the dub), they took a break from running for their lives from MetalSeadramon and his goons to go fishing.

I have faith, based off the previous three movies, that these seemingly innocuous comic relief scenes (the onsen sequence in Determination is a great example) are actually very important at establishing character and theme for that movie. I can see why it's frustrating, but I have to believe that the writers are intentional about things like this, because they've proven so in previous films. (Now, if we want to talk about the plotting of the entire film series, then boy howdy...)
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast