With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri: Part 4 Loss Discussion

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Adventure tri: Part 4 Loss Discussion

This thread is to discuss the Episode on the forum during/after it airs. It is not to be used beforehand. Also spoiler tags will not be required.

Completely digital
    It may be really fanfictiony, but that first scene with the Holy Beasts is animated really strongly. Great sense of atmosphere and style.

Ok my main two questions:

1) what is the difference between Homeostasis and Yggdrasil?
    2) Did "Gennai", if we can call him that, really kill Meiko?? That would be so rattling if he did haha

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsaw View Post
    It may be really fanfictiony, but that first scene with the Holy Beasts is animated really strongly. Great sense of atmosphere and style.
    I've watched that same scene over like 6 times it's so amazing for so many reasons

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, except for the usual subtitle stupidities, I liked it. But then I've always liked the Tri movies when they first come out. We'll see what complaints other people still have after watching the movie for themselves. One thing I found odd was how effective the Child-level Digimon's attacks like Petit Fire and Puppy Howling were against Mugendramon and MetalSeadramon.

Quote Originally Posted by kkanbara View Post
    1) what is the difference between Homeostasis and Yggdrasil?
    Well, Yggdrasill has always seen itself as a god, whereas Homeostasis denied being a god in Adventure, saying that it just desires balance, which obviously Yggdrasill's not that into. Since we've never heard of Yggdrasill before in the Adventure universe, and Tri's been talking about other worlds and stuff, maybe Yggdrasill is actually from another universe. I still really wish they hadn't brought Yggdrasill into it, though.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    I absolutely loved the movie except I got 2 major nitpicks: 1. Still nothing about the season 2 cast, cmon Trollei I wanna see them already... At least Gennai showed up as the Kaiser again in front of Sora

and 2. I really didn't want Yggdrasil to be involved in tri smh
    Last edited by C-MC; 02-24-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Oh, by the way, when we saw Himekawa's computer screen with the list of Digimon, where Bakumon was highlighted, I looked through the list to see if there were any species in it that hadn't appeared in Adventure or 02. Some were hard to read, but there were new ones: Kokuwamon, Goblimon, Psychemon, SnowGoblimon, Solarmon, ToyAgumon, Penmon, and Muchomon. Something else, perhaps more interesting, is that I'm pretty sure Upamon is on the list.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    It lived up to my expectations certainly. The interaction between Sora and Piyomon, their bond slowly being restored. It was just really nice to have her being the main focus of the story. Obviously the highlight for me was seeing Agumon and Gabumon evolve to their Ultimate forms. When "Butterfly" started playing as the emerged from the water and proceeded to tear Metal Seadramon a new one, I got chills. Been a while since I felt that, the nostalgia for the old days.

Hououmon was absolutely stunning fighting Mugen Dramon with Seraphimon and Hercules Kabuterimon. This original Adventure team and their holy types, none of the other teams compare in my opinion.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Completely digital
    I am somewhat pleased that Seraphimon is once again an afterthought, but somewhat annoyed that they had to shove him in in Sora's big moment.

EDIT - "Nishijima" means western island.

I.

I feel played.
    Last edited by Razorsaw; 02-24-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Meiko

Going through all those forms at once, they may as well have just done warp evolution lol but I guess it killed a little more screen time.

Why can't we see Gennai get wrecked right now!? do it MeiCrackmon! Kill that probable rapist!

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    It's 4am and I want to sleep, but quick impressions
    - I like the idea of Himekawa's partner being Megadramon. Idk why but it seems very...her? Even though Bakumon > Megadramon is a bit of a stretch
    - Personally I didn't like Loaderleomon being included in the original five. It just seems so...of a different era from the others? haha (I mean I guess Hippogriffomon/Orochimon were kind of from different eras too...idk, I wish they managed to choose fitting Perfects from the Adventure-ish era, though I'm too lazy to think about if there are any right now)
    - I really liked the children-digimon interactions. Piyomon's antagonism felt a bit too drawn out, but it was really cute and satisfying to see it resolved in the end. I did feel really bad for Sora so I guess it worked, haha.
    - Translating the cast interviews, almost all of them said to 'look out for the Taichi-Yamato-Sora scene' and personally, it didn't disappoint. A bit cliche but it was really cute.
    - I was in the camp of 'I hope the Digimon get their memories back eventually', but I really liked Hikari's line where she said something like 'I'm glad Plotmon didn't have to remember that past'. It did put me on the fence
    - I wish they tried to make Himekawa more...idk, likeable? I know she caused a lot of all this trouble and she really just wants to see her partner but...I guess it's not an unexpected reaction but I wish she didn't just go all crazy
    - I know the licking part was meant to be creepy but it just...felt uncalled for and out of place. why
    - I know they're kinda superhuman kids but it was quite painful watching Sora get smashed multiple times in a way that looked like would smash her ribs
    - Maybe I'm not an expert in staying afloat but it seemed weird how the children managed to float in the water while staying completely still? I thought you had to tread water to keep afloat or something
    - Tailmon's evolution pose.......
    - I personally didn't like Heracle/Seraphimon's inclusion in the fight. It was cool but the evolutions/fighting just served to pad out the fight and take importance away from what I thought should've been managed alone by Hououmon.
    - Like everyone else I'm still not happy with the way they're writing 02 kids out (not so much their lack of inclusion, but the almost complete lack of acknowledgement by the children)
    - I have too many complaints about the animation quality as usual but it's toei so I'll leave that aside...we did see some of the Digital World last ep, but seeing it more now I slightly wish they kept a more watercolour feel for it? I personally liked that about the original series

tldr it's hard to top part 3 haha. Personally..I wouldn't say it met my expectations, but it was still enjoyable and I'm not exactly disappointed by it.

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast