With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri: Part 4 Loss Discussion

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I wouldn't take the Xros Wars manga as canon to the Adventure universe. Cyber Sleuth maybe, considering we have Yggdrasill showing up at all.

So, I just rewatched that opening scene, and noticed a few things I didn't the first time. First thing, amusingly, is that when Daigo's lying on the ground you can see a pair of goggles lying beside him. I also took a better look at the partners of the Holy Beasts. Hippogriffomon's partner's a chubby boy, Xuanwumon's is a girl with glasses, and Qinglongmon's is a nondescript boy. Wonder whether we'll see any more of them. The one girl looks suspiciously like Meiko... Anyway, I hope that all of the metaphysical jargon at the start of these movies will be explicable by the time Tri is over. That thing about the elements was interesting, if it wasn't nonsense. Water becomes darkness, fire becomes light, wind is between them, light sinks into the earth. That last bit sounds a little like Huanglongmon's profile.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that Mugendramon seems to have gained a new attack (that white energy tail thing). Probably it and Kuwagamon's new attack will remain forever nameless, unfortunately.

By the way, Muur, I've merged a few of your posts today. Remember to edit or copy/paste to avoid double posting.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Mugendramon's tail attack is not new. The Mugendramon mascot of Lilithmon in XW anime also used it.

As for XW manga, we have to take into account that this manga also deals with multiversal stuff (specifically, Homeostasis able to travel the Super Dimensional Space-Time —the void that exist outside normal time and space—, and being able to see "many worlds and multiple timelines").

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    King Drasil being the same one in all universes would be kinda funny, he'd get triggered seeing Tai's Agumon, remembering the punch in the face he got from Marcus in Data Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    By the way, Muur, I've merged a few of your posts today. Remember to edit or copy/paste to avoid double posting.
    My apologises.

@Exiled: It deals with multiversal stuff, yeah, but it's hard to tell whether it'll be dealt with in Adventure. The manga had the oddity of placing the events from all universes in a single universe's screwy timeline. Oh, and thanks for reminding me about the tail attack. I did think it looked familiar, but couldn't place it.

Oh, a note on the elements thing from my last post. Presumably the four elements represent the Four Holy Beasts. Water is Xuanwumon's element, of course, and north is mentioned alongside it. Likewise, fire is associated with the south, and both are associated with Zhuqiaomon. Wind and earth are kind of weird, though. Earth should be Huanglongmon's element, though here it seems to be meant for Baihumon. Meanwhile, wind isn't even an element in the Wu Xing, though it and thunder are associated with the element of wood, which is Qinglongmon's element.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    @TMS I'm not so sure about Alphamon working for Ygdrasil. It seems Ygdrasil goes haywire whenever he appears: X-Evolution, Savers, Cyber Sleuth and I think also in one of the mangas? (It's been a while since I read them can't remember)
    In the two instances that Alphamon appears, X-Evolution and Cyber Sleuth he's working to fix Yggdrasil and give him his Snickers.
    I think that at this point it's safe to say Alphamon's purpose in the Royal Knights is to stop Yggdrasil in case things go wrong.
    Nope, Alphamon purpose is to put in line Royal Knights who are doing wrong stuff. Yggdrasill its not his responsibility.

http://i.imgur.com/8HCxTBz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/NS7KynF.jpg

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Loved it.

I'll add my thoughts later, but my one and only complaint is the evolution sequences of Seraphimon and HerakleKabuterimon being stuck on in the middle of Hououmon's big moment. I liked their inclusion in the fight, but... the sequences being drawn out that long really sucked out the energy of that scene.

Also, did anyone else feel weird hearing the "Giga Blaster" attack not coming from MetalGreymon?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiAmy View Post
    First of all, what's the point in the Digimon losing their memories if they don't even get them back. It feels like all they went through before was for absolutely NOTHING. They're not as close as they used to be anymore. That kind of thing is just... hurtful.
    That's... kinda the whole point. That's the emotional battle the kids have to deal with as they rebuild their relationships with their Digimon.

If anything, I'd have called bullshit if they'd immediately got their memories back in this chapter. There were moments in the PVs that made me think "Oh, look, they're conveniently getting their memories back all at once. Yay." That would have been way too predictable, and I'm glad that didn't happen. But just because it didn't happen this time doesn't mean their memories won't return in a future movie.

Also, I was totally expecting Bakumon to be the convenient source of the Digimons' memories returning. Then it turns out it was Maki's partner who doesn't remember her. What a twist!

There's seriously no point in Gennai doing that to Sora. As some people said it just feels out of place and unnecessary. Why do we need that kind of stuff in a Digimon series, let alone Adventure?
    Yeah, I'll give you that. That was messed up.

Why the fuck did they have to bring in Yggdrasill again. It made more sense for other Digimon series' but not ADVENTURE. There's no need for that thing to appear in the Adventure universe!
    Well, why not? Yggdrasil's a part of the larger Digimon mythos so it does make some sense to bring it into the Adventure universe. I like that there's conflict between it and Homeostasis, so at least they're doing something different with it.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 02-24-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    I really liked the movie overall, although the glut of evolution sequences at the end really chewed up some clock that otherwise could have gone to expanding the ending, which was a yuge cliffhanger.

The various plot threads are coming together. No sign of the Zero Two children, but at this point I expect it.

I'm trying to decide whether or not Sora was upstaged in the end when Seraphimon and HeraklesKabuterimon appeared. I'll have to mull on that overnight.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    MetalSeadramon took two Megas, I don't think Pheonixmon would've been able to deal with Machindramon on her own, the other two (or at least one of them) were needed. Herculues and Seraphimon were poorly implemented though.

The power levels for the "Dark Masters" was really all over the place, seemed like. Gabumon knocked MetalSeadramon down with Petit Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Also, did anyone else feel weird hearing the "Giga Blaster" attack not coming from MetalGreymon?
    Nah. It's been so long since I watched the dub that it would sound stranger to me to hear "Giga Blaster" coming from MetalGreymon.
    MY PROJECTS

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    @Exiled: It deals with multiversal stuff, yeah, but it's hard to tell whether it'll be dealt with in Adventure. The manga had the oddity of placing the events from all universes in a single universe's screwy timeline.
    Seeing the way the Digimon multiverse works (a world for every possibility that exist), I don't have problem with a world whose background is composed of the past of other universes. Is just one universe in vast ocean of possible universes.

However, the fact that Yggdrasill is potentially a singularity within the Digimon multiverse (and, by extension, possibly Homeostasis as well) makes this manga a valid canon background for those two characters, regardless of if the XW manga's world is a different one from Savers or Adventure.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast