With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V-Jump Preview- Agumon in Appmon Card/Arcade Game & Zubamon Evos, Updated

V-Jump Preview- Agumon in Appmon Card/Arcade Game & Zubamon Evos, Updated

Appmon is getting into the Digimon 20th Anniversary celebration!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

From an early image from the newest V-Jump....

Agumon will be showing up in the Appmon DataCarddass game.

The Agumon card will also allow his usage in the Arcade component of the game.

This appears to be the first proper Digimon/Appmon crossover that isn't a 'wink/nudge' type reference.

Also, images of Zubamon's evolutions!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Their names appear to be Zubaigamon and Duramon and there is also short profiles for both of them.

Zubaigamon: No matter how rough the terrain, it charges forth without stopping! A weapon type Digimon capable of transforming into a blade!!

Duramon: The greatsword on its back displays unparalleled strength when Duramon transforms into a weapon! A weapon type Digimon.

Garm had the name translated as 'Subaigermon', with the name etymology perhaps being a combination of subayai (Japanese for fast/speedy) and tiger.

Update- Bandai and V-Jump have sent out a correction. The Digimon we previously referred to as 'Subaigamon' had his name misprinted in V-Jump. The proper Japanese spelling is ズバイガーモン, which comes out as Zubaigamon, or potentially Zubaigermon.

At the bottom of the page they also show off the various Imperialdramons in Digimon Linkz.

Thanks to garm for the profile translations!

Update- A name correction above and we swapped in better images.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Almost makes me wonder if he will appear in the anime. Probably not, but if he does, probably as a background-only character.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    When I first saw the Perfect form's name, I read it as Duramon (like durable). No idea if it's right or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    Duramon, from Durandal.
    And the other Sbeigermon, not Spiegermon. The letter is a "バ" (ba), not a "パ" (pa). But I have no idea what it means. Maybe it's a combination of "subarashii" (wonderful) or "subashigoi" (nimble, quick) with... Er... Liger? Tiger?

Man, Sbeigermon's design is very unique, and Duramon looks like Shoutmon DX.

And man, Agumon in an actual Appli Monsters material. And it's cool that his app icon is the Crest of Courage, though the design makes him sound like a God grade, which WarGreymon should be closer to.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Dulamon that's almost like my last name lol

Had already changed the name to Duramon, although we don't actually know it's correct yet.

Changed the other name to Subaigamon for now until it's eyeballed by either shin or garm. It makes the name a bit closer to Zuba and Dura so that the names are pseudo translated/corrupted the same way.

G-Santos, I've removed your theorizing from your post. As has been said before, please do not include your extended and random theories every time you post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Oh neat they made an evolution chain for Omega Shoutmon.

I come from the net
    I like this design of both forms (Zubamon's) so much better than OmegaShoutmon's design.
    Their armor designs look more comfortable to accept.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Tbh I have no idea about Subaigamon/Subaigermon's name. Its profile mentions that it continues charging forward no matter the terrain, and my first impression was its name came from 'subayai' (素早い/fast, speedy) and tiger. It looks nothing like a tiger but eh..
    For Duramon the first thing I thought of was Durandal, but I don't think durable is necessarily wrong (could be double meanings and all that).

I'm quite fond of Subaigermon, it has a cute body shape haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    Tbh I have no idea about Subaigamon/Subaigermon's name. Its profile mentions that it continues charging forward no matter the terrain, and my first impression was its name came from 'subayai' (素早い/fast, speedy) and tiger. It looks nothing like a tiger but eh..
    For Duramon the first thing I thought of was Durandal, but I don't think durable is necessarily wrong (could be double meanings and all that).

I'm quite fond of Subaigermon, it has a cute body shape haha.
    Haha... I was updating with your details as you posted.

Details and profile translations added to the initial post.

I kept it as Subaigamon but also listed garm's name translation with the note of it.

I think Duramon, much like Zubamon himself (And maybe Subaigamon?) actually have multiple references to many well known franchise bits of the past.

OmegaShoutmon is the one that comes to mind for most people, but I see quite a bit of Magnamon in his head, and his chest sort of resembles Alphamon's to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast