With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V-Jump Preview- Agumon in Appmon Card/Arcade Game & Zubamon Evos, Updated

Welp, Zubamon's cape is gone I guess.
    While I like Subaigamon's design I find it kind of unoriginal how they followed the same quadrupedal Adult to bipedal Perfect line Huckmon had, although BaoHuckmon is a lot less beastly.
    Duramon is cool but borrows too much from other Digimon designs like Alphamon and Jesmon. I hope they change the color palette a bit on the Ultimate.

Also, am I the only one who finds the blue slashes incredibly obnoxious?

Completely digital The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    £10 says his mega will be an Exalted Knight-type and somehow related to the Royal Knights, despite them being complete. Hell, maybe he takes over from Gankoomon, Vesta-Bacchus-style.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

I come from the net
    Zubamon's evolution line : Huge Blade horn > Huge Knife as if he look like he got stabbed through the chest > His huge Buster Blade Sword for a tail?

Hahaa nice.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Gotta say, I'm digging both Spigermon and Duramon. The latter reminds me of OmegaShoutmon and SlashAngemon moreso than anything else, which is pretty awesome. I say Spigermon because his name is likely a reference to "spiger", the Danish word for "spike". Which makes sense given the convention they've gone with for Sakumon, Sakuttomon, Zubamon, and Duramon. It fits. Of course, we will have to see where they go with his English spelling before confirming that as fact.

As for Duramon's name. It likely refers to not only Durandal, but also Duralumin. So yeah, double meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
    £10 says his mega will be an Exalted Knight-type and somehow related to the Royal Knights, despite them being complete. Hell, maybe he takes over from Gankoomon, Vesta-Bacchus-style.
    I seriously doubt it. If anything, his Ultimate will either begin a new group, or end up being one of the Vortex Warriors. Bandai has been on point with their general Digimon lore as of late (Anime notwithstanding, keep in mind Volcanicdramon's profile especially) and the Vortex Warriors are the only group which hasn't been fully revealed (We still have only one member and that is MedievalDukemon). So yeah, new group or second VW. It's gonna be one of the two.
    Last edited by WarOmnimon; 02-19-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

I come from the net
    Well... That's one big Sword...mon. But really, he's kind of cool. Bet he'd be a good main character. ...Agumon in an Appmon game? That is cool. Doubt it mean anything but that is cool.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post
    I say Spigermon because his name is likely a reference to "spiger", the Danish word for "spike".
    Wouldn't it be pronounced "supa" in that case? Or do Ps sound like Bs sometimes in Danish?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm a bit mixed on the helmet look for Subaigamon's face, but I do like the direction they went with it overall. It's like a cute dino, with a sword in its back, and I think that's kind of neat. Duramon I'm more mixed on as some of the design cues are a bit too reminiscent of previous Dragon lines, but I think it's design is fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShikaSS View Post
    Welp, Zubamon's cape is gone I guess.
    While I like Subaigamon's design I find it kind of unoriginal how they followed the same quadrupedal Adult to bipedal Perfect line Huckmon had, although BaoHuckmon is a lot less beastly.
    Duramon is cool but borrows too much from other Digimon designs like Alphamon and Jesmon. I hope they change the color palette a bit on the Ultimate.
    To be honest, I have to say I prefer that design direction with Subaigamon and that's mostly because I feel it does that direction better then with BaoHackmon. With the latter my biggest problem with it was that it doesn't really stand out all too much from either Hackmon or SaviorHackmon, it's just basically a bigger, spikier version of the former and they don't do too much to make it pop out from them. With Subaigamon, I feel it's at least a bit more successful in using the idea since Zubamon isn't quadrupedal (which already makes a difference) and they play more into the weapons theme by basically making it a walking sword holder. So it ends up having something of its own feel, which is something I do appreciate them going with for the design even if it's drawing cues from a previous one.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    I think Duramon, much like Zubamon himself (And maybe Subaigamon?) actually have multiple references to many well known franchise bits of the past.

OmegaShoutmon is the one that comes to mind for most people, but I see quite a bit of Magnamon in his head, and his chest sort of resembles Alphamon's to me.
    Well, since so many past designs are themselves deliberately referential of still earlier designs, it’s hard to say where one influence ends and another begins, but even with that being said, Duramon looks especially like a ‘what if’ version of Omega Shoutmon: bladed arms instead of legs (and a tail because it’s less interesting otherwise); a more hunched, theropodal posture; and a head that looks like one of the × x forms instead of like Shoutmon’s own. Given that the whole Legendary Arms conceit began with × 4 S, I can’t imagine that this is a coincidence. The talk of transforming into weapons in their profiles and info blurbs leads me to wonder if they’re going to give each of Zubamon’s evolutions their own distinctly different weapon transformation like Spadamon, or if they’re just going to fold their bodies up slightly to emphasise the big blade, and maybe save weapon transformation for the ultimate level only. In either case, the fact that Duramon is like an inverted Omega Shoutmon leads me to wonder if his helmet will also do the reverse of what happened in the × x line, and become part of the body when he mode changes or evolves.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post
    I say Spigermon because his name is likely a reference to "spiger", the Danish word for "spike".
    Wouldn't it be pronounced "supa" in that case? Or do Ps sound like Bs sometimes in Danish?
    Not only that, the 'i' in Danish 'spiger' is pronounced like 'ee', not 'eye' like in Subaigamon's name. The pronunciation I found also doesn't voice the 'g' in spiger.
    I wouldn't completely rule it out I guess..it could be an inspiration/alteration.

I come from the net
    Wow. I thought we'd get simple names of "Name Origins" mon like Volcanicdramon yet we get such complicated name origins to translate roughly. Eh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast