With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tri. Part 1- Reunion US Blu-ray/DVD Cover Art, Digital Copy Included

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Follow Rika24 on DeviantArt Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel
    Hey, just realized, this is the first time we've seen Digimon Adventure written on a dub product (unless there's one I'm missing).

Quote Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
    Hey, just realized, this is the first time we've seen Digimon Adventure written on a dub product (unless there's one I'm missing).
    A number of things brought to the USA kept the Japanese show title as 'flavoring.' Modern figure releases mostly.

If I remember correctly, they actually kept the Japanese Adventure Zero-Two logo on the dub of movie 4.

Those aren't necessarily 'dub products' though.

But where it was written on a BIG dub product was the actual DVDs.

The next bit I'm going off memory so a bit or two may be slightly off...

The USA DVD sets referred to them as 'Digimon Adventure Season 01' and 'Digimon Adventure Season 02' (the front used the familiar logos, but the back did use the text 'Digimon Adventure'.)

The volume releases for Adventure referred to it as 'Digimon Adventure' beginning with volume 2 (still having 'Season 01' appended to the end for Volume 1) while the volume releases of 02 went back to calling the first season 'Digimon Adventure Season 01.'

The Season 1-4 set slipcover had them both correct as 'Digimon Adventure' and 'Digimon Adventure 02'

I believe I have that all correct...

Of course, that's all back of the box stuff, which might not be what you meant (and of course, Zero-Two 'without' Adventure was actually used a bit back when the show was first airing in the USA.)

Hopefully proper titles will continue to be used in the future. Toei's USA branch cleaned up the titles they use for their internal catalog. There are still a handful of mistakes, but by and large it's far more organized than it used to be.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Just ordered a copy today! (Along with a couple other things to get the price above $49.)

Edit: I find it slightly hilarious that there are already reviews up on Amazon. Granted, it was in theaters, but...
    Last edited by AmEv7Fam; 02-18-2017 at 12:13 PM.

I dont know what it is but the blue and orange reminds me whenever PSN has a flash sale. I think the design could have been done a lot differently without the banners. Im fine with the Omnimon vs Alphamon image because that was used as the theatrical poster here in the US. I hope the other 5 films will be consistent when released here. I pre ordered 2 copies of the Blu Ray and DVD combo because I can. One to use an the other to keep safe.

I need to go find something worth $12 to get me over the $35 free shipping total, I wonder if any of my authors are putting out any new books or something.

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Follow Rika24 on DeviantArt Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel
    You a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood? They have the OVA for $12 or $13 (can't remember the exact price at the moment, sorry)

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    I really wanted the train cart as the picture for the cover. I'm now going to guess the UK version art will now change (which is said train cover).

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    I really wanted the train cart as the picture for the cover. I'm now going to guess the UK version art will now change (which is said train cover).
    I too prefer the train cover. Although, had they used it for Reunion but the other movies used their individual posters for the covers, then that would've really aggravated my OCD so I'm not too bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    There isn't really any reason for them to change it now (the image is still the same on their Amazon page if I remember right). Its not unheard of when different territories have different box art for their anime between North America and the UK.

New thread with updates news and discussion can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12