With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Part 4 Short Interviews with Cast, Part 1- Mimori Suzuko & Shigematsu Atori

tri. Part 4 Short Interviews with Cast, Part 1- Mimori Suzuko & Shigematsu Atori

With tri. Part 4 coming out soon, we are able to post new short interviews with the cast!

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

First up is the most obvious people to hear from for part 4: Mimori Suzuko (Sora) and Shigematsu Atori (Piyomon.)

Note- The interviews may reveal spoilers. Please be forewarned if you choose to read and want to avoid spoilers.

Like last time, these are a bit short and breezy, but give interesting insight into what the actors thought about tri. part 4.

Mimori Suzuko
    Q: Please tell us what you felt after reading the script for 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"', as well as how you felt during recording, or if there were any scenes that left a deep impression on you.
    A: When I first read the script, the first thing I felt wasn't sadness, but actually shock. I had thought that Piyomon and Sora would always be together no matter what, but [the script] turned this thought on its head. I often chat with Piyomon's voice actress, Shigematsu-san, during recording, but I felt like we didn't talk as much while recording for this film. I guess that was the natural outcome [due to how the film played out].

Q: Are there any parts of 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"' that you especially feel is a must-watch or highly recommended part? (It doesn't matter even if it's a scene you did not take part in)
    A: There are a few scenes I hope you can look out for: how they overcome Piyomon's antagonism, how Sora's heart continues to grow, and the scenes where you can really feel the importance of friendship. Not only that, the scene with Taichi and Yamato is a great scene where you can feel their youth, so please look out for it ♪

Q: Please leave a message for the Digimon fans looking forward to Part 4.
    A: Through Sora and Piyomon, this film makes you really think about what exactly friendship and trust are. I hope this film can reach out to as many people as possible, no matter their age!

Shigematsu Atori
    Q: Please tell us what you felt after reading the script for 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"', as well as how you felt during recording, or if there were any scenes that left a deep impression on you.
    A: I was greeted with a shock at the very beginning of the script. I found it hard to continue reading on, so it took me a few tries to finish reading it. I went to the recording, all the while thinking 'why would Piyomon say and do such things?'. The venue was lively as usual, but I was the only one worrying alone...
    After all, Piyomon's standard "So~ra~ (heart)" line was nowhere to be seen. The Sora-loving Piyomon character is already imprinted into me, so playing Piyomon this time around was very exhausting.

Q: Are there any parts of 'Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4: "Loss"' that you especially feel is a must-watch or highly recommended part? (It doesn't matter even if it's a scene you did not take part in)
    A: Do look out for how Sora and Piyomon's relationship changes, and eventually evolves.
    Hououmon's facial expression seems to have this slightly triumphant look.

Personally, I find the macho Garudamon wonderful...

Of course, it's interesting to see how not just Piyomon, but the other Digimon reforge their bonds with the other children; you can see their personality reflected in the way they go about it. Especially the Taichi/Yamato and Agumon/Gabumon scene in the second half, the feeling the bonds and friendship between them! It makes you quiver. Personally, I think Jou was the MVP of the film. Thank you for saving Sora!

Q: Please leave a message for the Digimon fans looking forward to Part 4.
    A: Both new and familiar Digimon make their appearance, and I'd love for everyone, especially long-time Digimon fans, to watch this movie with their eyes wide open. Meicoomon, who holds the key to the plot, is cunningly cute as usual. Keep your eyes peeled for the human characters as well! There are plenty of interesting scenes involving them. However, I'm very anxious about how everyone will view Piyomon in this film. They'll definitely, definitely get the bonds between them back and be happy together, so thank you for your continued support!

Big thanks to garm for translating these, and we expect to have more as the official site puts them up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Just to remind that Yamato's cast comment is already up on the site! I cannot wait for the translation 😊

Quote Originally Posted by shiramomo View Post
    Just to remind that Yamato's cast comment is already up on the site! I cannot wait for the translation 
    We're aware, but we appreciate the heads up (we do occasionally miss things.)

We're keeping an eye on future ones so we will know when they are up pretty quickly.

Our translator's priority has to be classes so they will be translated as time allows.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Okay! And thank you for the information i'll look forward to it😊