With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 22: Lend Me Your Power - Rei and Hackmon

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Did anyone else get a 'deal with the Devil' vibe from Rei and Hackmon's first encounter when the latter is offering to help the former in exchange for them becoming partners?

I suppose 'deal with Hades' would be more accurate not only because of Hackmon's final stage but Hackmon is actually honoring the deal and helping Rei much like how Hades always honors his deals.

Funny. I didn't seem to care for the Astra epsiode which everyone else loved. And now everyone doesn't seem to care for this episode, which I feel was far better than the last two.

Anyway, yeah I really liked this episode. It was nice having an episode entirely focused on showing how Rei and Hackmon ended up being partners, and what they do in their free time(literally nothing apprently). It made me very reminiscent of when I first watched episode 4 of Tamers, which was the episode showing how Henry and Terriermon had become partners. It was also nice seeing Hackmon worry about Rei's well being, by telling him to put more stuff in his body than just energy drinks lol

It's funny though. On other sites like twitter and tumblr, I found that everyone, myself included made fun of Rei, calling him an edgelord and all that because every time we see him he's drinking one of those things. But thinking about it, it makes sense in a very depressing way. We discovered in this episode that for the past 2 years he does nothing in his free time but hack and look for his little brother. Apart from sleeping that's literally all he does in life. So to him since sleeping is such a waste of such valuable time, he tries to stay awake as much as his body will let him even purposely putting off eating actual food
    Last edited by LucasPSI; 03-04-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Follow ReiKatsura On Twitter
    I liked this episode too because Rei was in focus and liked that we finally learned more about Rei^^
    Also I liked to see that he and Hackmon aren't just partners but also friends which wasn't very clear until now^^

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    While I don't dislike this episode, I thought they could've done more showing than telling; I might be exaggerating but it felt like half of the ep's plot was revealed just from Rei and Hackmon's conversation when I'd have liked to see more events/acting on it.
    We got to know more about Rei which was interesting, but I wish they revealed more about Hackmon too, we still barely know anything about him/his motive. Though I kinda like their interactions (especially Hackmon's 'yeah you are an idiot, I don't like you' after their first Dezipmon fight, lol).
    Speaking of Dezipmon, he's another jokey villain of the day but I thought his speech gimmick was really simple but funny. I like it a lot haha

Those aren't exactly 'energy drinks', they're more like 'meal replacement drinks'. Rei literally stopped eating actual food for like 2 years.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I thought this episode was pretty good for Appmon. Revivemon didn't get to do anything, but at least we had a serious (well, "serious") battle between Dezipmon and Hackmon, which is better than bullshit like the alleged Entermon vs. Medicmon fight. I just figured they're saving Revivemon for fighting Warudamon or something.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Those aren't exactly 'energy drinks', they're more like 'meal replacement drinks'. Rei literally stopped eating actual food for like 2 years.
    OMG that's incredible :O May I ask if this kind of supplements (the same brand as Rei uses to consume) are sold for real in Japan? In Appmon there's a lot of references to real events, products and people, which is very nice imo.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I thought this episode was pretty good for Appmon. Revivemon didn't get to do anything, but at least we had a serious (well, "serious") battle between Dezipmon and Hackmon, which is better than bullshit like the alleged Entermon vs. Medicmon fight. I just figured they're saving Revivemon for fighting Warudamon or something.
    Considering we briefly saw her in the preview, that would make sense. And least we actually got to meet Dezipmon this time, poor Protecmon never actually got any screen time.

Also the implication that Rei stopped eating actual food for two years is kinda horrifying.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Also the implication that Rei stopped eating actual food for two years is kinda horrifying.
    Something tells me that it might be a plot point relatively soon...

Yes, they're a real thing. I drink them all the time because I am also a lazy edgelord.

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/drug-pony...page/uida-.jpg
    Maybe this link will work?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast