With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 21: The Road to Becoming the Top Idol!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt

AppliMonsters Episode 21: The Road to Becoming the Top Idol!

Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 21: The Road to Becoming the Top Idol! Coachmon's Fierce Special Training!

Episode thread for Episode 21 of Digimon Universe Applimonsters

Air Time:
    Saturday 25th Feb - 7am (Japan)
    Friday 24th Feb - 10pm (UK)
    Friday 24th Feb - 5pm (EST)
    Friday 24th Feb - 2pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
    www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
    Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 21 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (8:49pm Pacific, 2/24/2016.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Poor Weatherdoramon: First Mienumon stabs him in the back and infects him as soon as Coachmon brushes her off. Then he he gets fucking body slammed by Oujamon. And then his Chip gets stolen by Mienumon after he's revealed to be the Code 7 Appmon.

Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    • WHAT IF COACHMON WAS A STANDARD APPMON ALL ALONG?!
    Nope, Coachmon reverts to CG during the App Fusion sequence so it was just random 2D for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by luluco View Post
    I dunno, I think it will be something more akin to Eri's determination to her TRAINING for winning the audition impressing COACHmon.
    Nice job dude, you were on the right track.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-24-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Add clanc on Facebook
    • WHAT IF COACHMON WAS A STANDARD APPMON ALL ALONG?!
    • Oujamon didn't even bother to make an introduction
    • Let's see how long he lasts before he gets killed
    • Like I said before, Poor Weatherdramon goes from 15000 to 777, that's not fair for him
    • I thought they were gonna do that lost relatives thing with WDramon and Dreamon, fortunately they didn't
    • It seems that next episode's gonna be awesome (?)
    • I hope we see Warudamon soon

Updated initial post since the stream is up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I imagine Coachmon is cel animated because he's in this episode longer.

Man, TWO Digimon cliffhangers in one day?!? Come off it!

Loved Eri in this episode. I like the general message behind the fact that even though she didn't win her audition, that was okay. She was still going to support her group by doing everything possible, including beating up a rampaging weather appmon that might screw up the concert! I always also pretty impressed with her getting a training montage plotline that's usually only reserved for male characters. Appmon still feels more progressive in this sense than all the seasons before it.

Oujyamon's actual appearance though... kinda lackluster? I kind of wish that both her and Astra's Ultimate Grade episodes actually had threats worth pulling out an Ultimate Grade for. Still, there's rules. No upstaging the protagonist~
    I would have liked it if the gap wasn't quite so large though. I guess it's all in service of hurrying along the collection of the last of the 7-codes, so it's -fine-, just not what I would have hoped for.

I still really enjoyed the episode, even though Mienumon's plans are still really dumb. Coachmon was pretty great but I wish he'd gotten more screentime to do something other than just show up, serve tea, and then immediately betray Mienumon as soon as he left headquarters...

I am sad that Sleepmon is apparently never going to do anything...

I'm a little confused about how the Ultimate grade partners work now, though. I had assumed that since both Timemon and Dreamon both showed up already knowing they were meant to Fuse that Coachmon would have been clued in the whole time as well. I'd have to rewatch the episode and pick apart the Japanese to know for sure how aware of his role as a Fusion partner he was, but it didn't seem like he thought he was 'destined' to be Eri's partner all along.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    To be fair we don't even know why he, or Cameramon/Scorpmon, Mienumon, Sakusimon, or Weatherdoramon for that matter, serve(d) Leviathan in the first place. It's entirely possible that Leviathan suppressed the knowledge of his destiny.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

That reminds me, was Sleepmon in this episode at all? I watched the episode but I didn't see him anywhere

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    I liked the Eri/Coachmon interaction, but this episode did feel too rushed for me...not that they spent too much time on useless things, and more of just I wish it had more airtime. Like I wish they made Eri have a more...normal audition? And still lose it fairly but give her more drive to work harder rather than make it seem like she was seriously just out of luck.

Oujamon's appearance was definitely underwhelming, even compared to Entermon. I agree with Ukyou; in previous seasons new evos are usually unlocked when the partner is in trouble and the current evo level won't cut it, Entermon did have a biiit of that urgency (?) but it just felt kinda unnecessary here when they didn't show any hint of Eri struggling in the fight/Dosukomon not being able to deal with Weatherdramon at all. And Oujamon's fight scene was just too short really

Also I'm guessing Coachmon is 2D this ep because of his facial expressions/interaction with Eri? I'm in the camp of 'I prefer 2D' so I'm not complaining too much haha.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast