With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 21: The Road to Becoming the Top Idol!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Mienumon's only real good plan was the Viramon invasion. Otherwise she seems to spend most of her time just trying to... slightly frustrate Eri?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I think the problem is that, while most villains have actually goals, Leviathan's force are basically the Darkspawn being led by Rita Repulsa*.

*Watch SF Debris' LP of Dragon Age Origin and Linkara's HoPR videos, specifically the revised ones on YouTube, to understand what I mean.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

One thing worth pointing out is that her "petty" dislike of Eri stems mainly from them, y'know, being on opposite sides. Direct confrontation with the Applidrivers has proven kinda bad for her side so she's trying to mess with their confidence. Which as we've seen, can lead to messed up AppGattai and might actually give Mienumon an edge. She's being stealthy, which is fitting for a stealth app.

Follow ReiKatsura On Twitter
    This episode was...i dont know...i didnt like it....

Ain't got no mojo... Digimon'sDigitalWill's Avatar
    This episode is good, but as fun as the previous two. It was probably mentioned before, but having 470 members to presumably promote 470 apps is a cool concept. Like that Eri is at 235th place and whole nine top idols as well as the top idol not giving up the center stage and the cloth color being different is nice. Still not quite like Coachmon and would have liked a clearer indication as to whether he knew before he had a change of heart that he is a pair or not and whether Weatherdramon is alligned with Leviathan or with Coachmon. Like the training being alligned with Weatherdramon. Oujamon only used one move, but it is quite cool, Gold(en) Fang. I knew when the Seven Code was slowed down that Mienumon would take action, glad that she did, leave room for Rei episode before moving on to finishing this second arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    One thing worth pointing out is that her "petty" dislike of Eri stems mainly from them, y'know, being on opposite sides. Direct confrontation with the Applidrivers has proven kinda bad for her side so she's trying to mess with their confidence. Which as we've seen, can lead to messed up AppGattai and might actually give Mienumon an edge. She's being stealthy, which is fitting for a stealth app.
    I would agree, except her lines (at least in the sub) don't imply that she was trying to break her spirit and it was more that she's messing with her out of annoyance. For instance, in this line from the Copipemon episode before she sends out her minion:

This applidriver Karan Eri, has been appearing too much lately and it annoys me, take care of her Copipemon.
    It's never mentioned at all, she doesn't say anything about crushing her spirit and it seems it's more, well, just going after her because she was getting too popular for her liking. The lines at the end of the episode also don't support that as she's much more irritated that she got more popular (and that Copipemon was a 7 Code) rather then Eri still standing tall as a person.

This episode also doesn't imply she's taking a break their spirits route either as she pretty much states she wants Coachmon to crush her and then take Dokamon away once everything is said and done, which is more direct then I was giving her credit for, but is still not trying to take the sneaky route in dealing with Eri and the others. Additionally, she does let her feelings about Eri get in the way as she gleefully goes along with the suggestion to put Eri through the training so she can get some enjoyment out of it, which as we know does backfire horribly. So while I will say it would've been a smart take for the character, especially if it was shown that it had a notable effect on Eri and had less damning results, the writers do not really play into that. The way she is doing it currently doesn't lend to her taking the 'break their spirits' route and in some cases, she's not even bothering with that, she's letting her emotions rule her actions in regards to Eri and that has had a negative effect on her activities as a villain.

Hence my earlier comparison to Rita Repulsa, a petty villain who basically existed to fail at every plan until she married Lord Zedd who, while more menacing and serious, was also getting repeatedly beaten by the Rangers with his only victory prior to the marriage being the elimination of the Green Ranger which was ultimately pointless do to Tommy becoming the White Ranger almost immediately afterward.

It was only after the marriage of Rita and Zedd that they started getting actual victories such as destroying the Thunderzords, destroying the Ninja Power Coins, destroying the Command Center, and dealing the final blow to the Machine Empire after the Rangers defeated Mondo in the final episode of Zeo.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 03-01-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    So guess she'll be an actual threat when she becomes Warudamon?

Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    So guess she'll be an actual threat when she becomes Warudamon?
    That's what I'm suggesting, yes.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    I know there was no way Globemon's glorious debut was gonna be topped, and that everything else would look inferior compared to it, but guys, seriously? Talk about lopsided. Globemon can do a global search and annihilate almost a billion targets in just 60 seconds, Revivemon can supposedly bring back the dead, and the other two don't even come nearly as close. Really hoping that Dantemon and Warudamon pick it up a little.

Then again, perhaps the real problem is that they've designed themselves into a corner. Thanks to the innate rules of Appmon, despite the plethora of standard and super grade Appmon, there is only a handful of Ultimate grade Appmon. There's really not too much to work with at these higher levels, and that's an internal contradiction that needs to be resolved quickly and effectively, because they're quickly entering dangerous territory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are only 14 Ultimate grade Appmon (Globemon, Entamon, Oujyamon, Satellamon, Warudamon, Fakemon, Beautymon, Biomon, Charismon, Cometmon, Bootmon, Shutmon, Revivemon and Speciamon) that exist so far. Very inauspicious...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast