With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Part 1 UK Delay, Bonus Content, Possibly Release Period for US

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt

tri. Part 1 UK Delay, Bonus Content, Possibly Release Period for US

Manga UK have confirmed on their Twitter that tri. Part 1 has once again been pushed back in the UK.

Image Thumbnail

They've announced they are working with Shout on the release of Digimon Adventure tri.

On the positive side, they've confirmed this means bonus content for the UK DVD/BD that was previously unplanned.

There is no news on what the actual bonus content is.

The US version was previously unscheduled, but we knew previously based on comments from Manga UK that due to contractual issues, the US version has to come out before the UK version for Manga to receive the dub.

Since their early announcements Manga UK has been clear the release would be both Japanese and English for their release, which has been the cause of the delays.

The new UK release date is May 22nd.

Shout has not currently announced a US release date, but based on Manga wanting to get their release out as fast as possible, we can reasonably assume it will be immediately before the UK disk.

Based on Manga UKs comments in the past about getting their release out as soon as contractually possible, we're probably looking at a US release around May 16th, although that is just a guess.

Shout has also said they plan to make an official announcement soon.

Update by Marc- Tweaked the news post a bit to add information and move things around a bit.

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Oh really? What's with them? Could they at least release Tamers & Frontier in the meantime? Just saying.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Oh really? What's with them? Could they at least release Tamers & Frontier in the meantime? Just saying.
    They don't have the rights to them at present.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Getting yet another delay is frustrating, but the wait will be worth it.

Ain't got no mojo... CherrygirlUK19's Avatar
    Follow CherrygirlUK19 On Twitter Follow CherrygirlUK19 on DeviantArt
    I noticed the date had changed on the HMV website last night. I had a feeling it would be pushed back again. Got to admit I was really disappointed at first, but if it means new bonus content then it will be worth the wait just means I've got to be a little more patient XD

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    They don't have the rights to them at present.
    Right, hopefully they will...
    Fingers crossed.

Isn't the US release under Shout? If I recall correctly the US release has confirmed subs whereas the UK version under Manga wasn't confirmed so maybe this means Uk fans will get subs also.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiggestDreamer View Post
    Isn't the US release under Shout? If I recall correctly the US release has confirmed subs whereas the UK version under Manga wasn't confirmed so maybe this means Uk fans will get subs also.
    UK Anime Network is implying that Manga was only going to release the subbed version in the UK, with this Shout deal allowing them to release the dub. Which is weird because Manga confirmed both languages when the release was first announced.

Cleaned up the news post based on prior information we knew and to clarify some things.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    Well, as annoyed as I am with the pushback on a release date, at least it gives me something to look forward to after my exams are over And if we get more content in the special features, all the better I say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast