With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: If you had the chance at creating an actual Digimon TV series of your own...

  1. #21
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,973
    Mahomon sounds a little too derivative of Appmon the way you describe it.

    ...so obviously that's exactly how the creators would do it.

  2. #22
    Junior Commander Rohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    300
    Hmm, in a different thread the idea of a sequel to Tri that focuses on the 02 kids was brought up. And I just couldn't stop thinking about it and so I'll post my idea here of "Digimon Adventure Quattro".

    I'd like to see Ryo Akiyama re-introduced into the Adventure anime canon. Probably best to ignore both Tamers and the games and go with what the anime already shown of him, that he met Ken as a kid and travelled with him for a bit in the Digital World. Because of that, Ryo tracks down Ken and the 02 Kids. The issue is urgent and they need to go right away so they can't take the 01 Kids (including Takeru and Hikari) who are dealing with the aftereffects or Tri or something. They then go off to face Milleniunmmon and the Paildramon, Aquilamon and Ankylomon aren't enough so the Kids lose. They retreat and gradually they unlock their individual Ultimate forms and grow stronger and eventually even Mega. Then for the climax, Hikari and Takeru bust in to assist and the 02 Kids (plus Ryo) bond as they defeat Milleniummon and return home.

    I didn't put too much thought into it, but I like the idea. All I want is some love for the 02 Kids.

  3. #23
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,991
    I like the idea. I think it'd work. Just as good as Tri maybe.

  4. #24
    A Digimon TV Series of my own huh?

    Hmmmm. The general plot would take place in some prefecture of Japan that hasn't been focused on. No Odaiba, Shinjuku, or Shibuya. So let's say Nakano or Komagome. Next up would be the size of the cast (human.) I'll go with 6 as I think that is the sweet spot for character development. I'll need a catalyst for the plot. I'll go with a hacker that is the goggle kid. Reason being is it'll be easiest for him to follow and move the plot forward. So, let's get to it.

    I want a hook. I'll need a hook for the first 5 minutes of the show and a hook to close out the first episode. A mysterious fog bank begins to surround Nakano. Electronic equipment begin to go haywire. A stampede of humans begin as many people are running from something. A digimon. Champion level that looks menacing. Maybe like Tyrannomon. The gogglehead is in this crowd but he ducks away into a alleyway wondering what the heck is going on. The Tyrannomon stops at the alleyway instead of chasing after everyone. Main character freaks out, but something jumps in front of him before the Tyrannomon can attack. ~Insert some iconic looking type of digimon~ Hey! Let's go with Coronamon! They take turns saving each other (Coronamon saves him from Tyrannomon but as he is about to get beat up the gogglehead does something to allow them to escape. Typical stuff.) The gogglehead asks Coronamon questions about what's going on. We get the usual rundown of Digimon. Etc. Small bit of info dumping that this is an invasion and he's here to help(or some variation thereof). The end of the episode culminates when the gogglehead gets a digivice (somehow) and Coronamon digivolves into Firamon to defeat Tyrannomon. The gogglehead asks if there are others like him, that want to stop the invasion. The answer is yes. And they better find them before things get worst. That will serve as the end of episode 1 hook.

    So, now the plot. Standard 26 episode format. Three episodes of finding other kids/teens that have partners, while things are revealed like "no one can get through the fog to leave Nakano." Tension rises as they try to find ways to communicate with the outside world. Something the hacker is able to accomplish. So they slowly beat back the invasion in Nakano over to episode 13 or 14. At this point the hacker comes up with a plan to go to the world where the monsters come from using whatever method they are using to get here. They succeed and episodes 15 - 22 are them invading the digital world. Maybe they achieve Ultimate level forms in the digital world. Culminates with them stopping the invasion completely and defeating generic evil digimon 776 and closing out the first arc.

    After that I have to see if we get renewed for another 26 episode season with the promise of Mega level and an even 'bigger' threat to the world. Invasion was step one. Step 2? Integration. Dun dun dun.

  5. #25
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,973
    Huh. I wasn't expecting someone else to come at this idea as narratively analytical as I did. I like it! Cool prompt for a Digimon anime. Better than Hunters (and XW in general IMO).

    It's worth noting that Nakano was the setting for Cyber Sleuth, which itself is long enough to constitute a season of Digimon anime.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  6. #26
    Junior Commander Tetra Seleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    303
    Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    A Digimon TV Series of my own huh?

    Hmmmm. The general plot would take place in some prefecture of Japan that hasn't been focused on. No Odaiba, Shinjuku, or Shibuya. So let's say Nakano or Komagome. Next up would be the size of the cast (human.) I'll go with 6 as I think that is the sweet spot for character development. I'll need a catalyst for the plot. I'll go with a hacker that is the goggle kid. Reason being is it'll be easiest for him to follow and move the plot forward. So, let's get to it.

    I want a hook. I'll need a hook for the first 5 minutes of the show and a hook to close out the first episode. A mysterious fog bank begins to surround Nakano. Electronic equipment begin to go haywire. A stampede of humans begin as many people are running from something. A digimon. Champion level that looks menacing. Maybe like Tyrannomon. The gogglehead is in this crowd but he ducks away into a alleyway wondering what the heck is going on. The Tyrannomon stops at the alleyway instead of chasing after everyone. Main character freaks out, but something jumps in front of him before the Tyrannomon can attack. ~Insert some iconic looking type of digimon~ Hey! Let's go with Coronamon! They take turns saving each other (Coronamon saves him from Tyrannomon but as he is about to get beat up the gogglehead does something to allow them to escape. Typical stuff.) The gogglehead asks Coronamon questions about what's going on. We get the usual rundown of Digimon. Etc. Small bit of info dumping that this is an invasion and he's here to help(or some variation thereof). The end of the episode culminates when the gogglehead gets a digivice (somehow) and Coronamon digivolves into Firamon to defeat Tyrannomon. The gogglehead asks if there are others like him, that want to stop the invasion. The answer is yes. And they better find them before things get worst. That will serve as the end of episode 1 hook.

    So, now the plot. Standard 26 episode format. Three episodes of finding other kids/teens that have partners, while things are revealed like "no one can get through the fog to leave Nakano." Tension rises as they try to find ways to communicate with the outside world. Something the hacker is able to accomplish. So they slowly beat back the invasion in Nakano over to episode 13 or 14. At this point the hacker comes up with a plan to go to the world where the monsters come from using whatever method they are using to get here. They succeed and episodes 15 - 22 are them invading the digital world. Maybe they achieve Ultimate level forms in the digital world. Culminates with them stopping the invasion completely and defeating generic evil digimon 776 and closing out the first arc.

    After that I have to see if we get renewed for another 26 episode season with the promise of Mega level and an even 'bigger' threat to the world. Invasion was step one. Step 2? Integration. Dun dun dun.
    I would watch the crap out of that show. Love the framing device and plot progression.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

  7. #27
    Glad you guys like it! Good news we were renewed (my muse lit up after writing the first half) for a second season. Sad news only 24 episodes. That's fine though that means this series will be 50 episodes total.

    I'm going to need to have something a bit bigger going on than ~insert bad digimon~ trying to invade. Let's bring in one of the groups from Digimon. No Demon Lords, Royal Knights, or Sovereign because they are over saturated already. Olympus 12 is a good bet but there's so many of them that 24 episodes probably won't be enough for them. So let's go with. . .The 4 Great Dragons. As far as pacing goes let's go with a front half and back half. So 12 episodes. Let's get most of the explanations out by the first 2 episodes.

    Episode 27-28 will show that the characters had a semblance of peace for the last 3 months. The people of Nakano have coined them as the Nakano 6. They've been going back to school/etc etc. They still have their Digimon, but they've mostly gone their separate ways the last 3 months. They all receive a mysterious email that will bring them back together. A cloaked man appears before them and all 6 of their Digimon bow before this man. Confused the Nakano 6 ask who this is? They say it's a Digimon, and the person reveals his true form as Hisyaryumon - Emissary of the 4 Great Dragons. The 4 Great Dragons would like to speak with them. They accept the request and Hisyaryumon leads them back tot he Digital World.

    Their partners inform them that the Digital World looks a lot worst than just 3 months ago. When they appear before the dragons they learn what is going on. The Digital World has been slowly destabilizing for the last few years. It turns out the invasion was orchestrated by Megidramon because he believed that leaving this world was their only hope for survival. Magnadramon and Goddramon both feel that they shouldn't involve the humans in their problems. Azoulongmon believes that the Nakano 6 are proof that Digimon w/ humans can work. It is revealed that right now the 4 Dragons are split. 2 of them want integration - Megidramon and Azoulongmon. 2 of them want separation - Magnadramon and Goddramon.

    It is revealed that Hisyaryumon sent the 6 Digimon to help stop the invasion, while Megidramon orchestrated the invasion. Megidramon apologizes for the rash decision, but stands by his beliefs. The 4 Great Dragons tells them that the decision rests with them. The team is split down the middle. Half want to save the Digimon the other half say they don't have the right to change the world in such a way. And that would be the hook!

    Promotional material would be showing the team split into two and at odds with each other, promising a showdown. Episodes 29-38 will cover the team trying to find out why the world is destabilizing. As well as show a countdown of how much estimated time before the Digital World is completely ruined. The X-Antibody will show up in their travels through the digital world deepening the mystery. Finally the decision is made in episode 38. 3 of them including the gogglehead are on the side of separation while the other 3 are on the side of integration.

    The last 12 episodes will be the two sides clashing. Megidramon takes the 3 for integration under his wing and pushes them to the Mega level while they attempt to force an integration. Magnadramon and Goddramon help the other 3 foil Megidramon's plans and push their respective representatives to the Mega level. The city of Nakano is the battleground once again and the people now see their Nakano 6 at odds with each other. As the climax comes closer, Magnadramon and Goddramon both reveal that they have the X-Antibody and become Magnadramon X and Goddramon X. As the battles continually intensify, Gogglehead and Azoulongmon finally figure it out. Megidramon is the problem and just like Magnadramon and Goddramon before him, he has the X Antibody, but he never informed anybody. The X-Antibody has made the hazard within Megidramon go haywire and that is what is causing the destabilization. Megidramon didn't want to lose his new power so he pushed for an invasion. Now he pushes for integration. The Nakano 6 reunify to defeat Megidramon X and delete him in the final episode.

    Episode 50 closes out with the Digimon now returning to their world (for one reason or another.) However gogglehead isn't satisfied. Though they saved the world without integration, the digital world is heavily damaged from the Hazard.

    Unlike the end of the first season, the 6 of them are now truly friends.

    ~Fin?~
    Last edited by Imperial; 03-10-2017 at 11:53 AM.

  8. #28
    Red shirt Kiimon: Blast Mode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    文京区(Bunkyo)
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    I'd like to see Ryo Akiyama re-introduced into the Adventure anime canon. Probably best to ignore both Tamers and the games and go with what the anime already shown of him, that he met Ken as a kid and travelled with him for a bit in the Digital World. Because of that, Ryo tracks down Ken and the 02 Kids. The issue is urgent and they need to go right away so they can't take the 01 Kids (including Takeru and Hikari) who are dealing with the aftereffects or Tri or something. They then go off to face Milleniunmmon and the Paildramon, Aquilamon and Ankylomon aren't enough so the Kids lose. They retreat and gradually they unlock their individual Ultimate forms and grow stronger and eventually even Mega. Then for the climax, Hikari and Takeru bust in to assist and the 02 Kids (plus Ryo) bond as they defeat Milleniummon and return home.
    I kinda just want the Wonderswan games in anime form. I don't speak Japanese so I had to read the plot for the games online but the story sound really interesting and with a few changes (since the plot is very much a video game style plot) I think it would be a great anime. The parts where Milleniummon says that they're like bound to each other or destined to be partners or whatever and when Monodramon and Zeedmilleniummon jogress could be really impactful, especially after they hatch and Cyberdramon is uncontrollable (if they decide to show what happens after the end of Brave Tamer). One main problem is the fact that Ryo is basically alone after Ken leaves, and I don't know how they would fix it without it turning into a completely different story.
    キーモン:ブラストモード

  9. #29
    Junior Commander Rohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    I kinda just want the Wonderswan games in anime form. I don't speak Japanese so I had to read the plot for the games online but the story sound really interesting and with a few changes (since the plot is very much a video game style plot) I think it would be a great anime. The parts where Milleniummon says that they're like bound to each other or destined to be partners or whatever and when Monodramon and Zeedmilleniummon jogress could be really impactful, especially after they hatch and Cyberdramon is uncontrollable (if they decide to show what happens after the end of Brave Tamer). One main problem is the fact that Ryo is basically alone after Ken leaves, and I don't know how they would fix it without it turning into a completely different story.
    The games' plot was cool and all, but to just transplant it into anime form would be a real headache because of many inconsistencies with the anime's canon. That's why in my idea I decided to just go with what the anime provided...that and I kinda didn't care for the last two Wonderswan games personally.

  10. #30
    Red shirt Kiimon: Blast Mode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    文京区(Bunkyo)
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    A mysterious fog bank begins to surround Nakano. Electronic equipment begin to go haywire. A stampede of humans begin as many people are running from something. A digimon. Champion level that looks menacing. Maybe like Tyrannomon. The gogglehead is in this crowd but he ducks away into a alleyway wondering what the heck is going on. The Tyrannomon stops at the alleyway instead of chasing after everyone. Main character freaks out, but something jumps in front of him before the Tyrannomon can attack. ~Insert some iconic looking type of digimon~ Hey! Let's go with Coronamon!
    I think it would be really cool if that Tyrannomon turned into his partner. Like maybe Tyrannomon goes to him and then a digivice falls from the sky or something dumb like that and he points it at Tyrannomon and he de-evolves into some child level dinosaur (I don't really want another Agumon but he's the only guy Tyrannomon evolves from that makes sense; maybe make up a digimon for him). To explain why Tyrannomon was destroying everything you could have the Terriermon thing of them losing control when they evolve. Tyrannomon was the first digimon made and is somewhat iconic so I think it would be cool to have him finally be a main character in one of the shows. The rest of the plot can stay the same.
    キーモン:ブラストモード

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •