With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you excited for the new pokemon movie ?

I come from the net
    And if you want a specific Ash hat, you have to go on the right time. In Japan.

Ain't got no mojo... KittyCatSuicide's Avatar
    Follow KittyCatSuicide On Twitter Visit KittyCatSuicide's Xbox Live Profile
    I have a feeling the next game is in Kanto but AFTER S&M. It would make sense now. I'm hoping the dub gets the old VAs back as odd as that would be XD seems the movie is more of a what if

New trailer who dis'?

A lot of interesting stuff in this one.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    New trailer who dis'?

A lot of interesting stuff in this one.
    the new pokemon introduced in the trailer is Marshadow a legendary pokemon in gen 6 kinda like the equivalent of Mew or Celebi in the Alola region but yeah it was quite surprising that we're getting gen 4 and gen 6 pokemon cuz I thought that we would only get the first gens and it would be a remake of season 1 but this seems to be a mixture of both and who are those new companions?

I come from the net
    This is interesting. A big change to what we all thought would happen. Plus Marshadow.

well I heard that they're premiering the movie on July 6th in Paris and only less than 2 weeks to go till it comes out... I hope it gets released and subbed ASAP

EDIT: Rica Matsumoto (voice of Satoshi) re-recorded the original theme song for the movie and also serves as the 2nd opening to Sun & Moon
    Last edited by C-MC; 07-13-2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: theme song for the movie

It's been confirmed that they're releasing an english dub of the movie in theaters through fathom events on November 5th and 6th in the U.S.

Check the fathom events webiste to see if they're showing it near you!

Completely digital
    Unless they pull back at least Veronica Taylor for Ash (I dont think the rest of the oc cast has much of a role?) I really don't care.

SO here were my impressions of news of it as they were coming out

Announcement: This gonna be awesome!

Story trailer: They went back to the old art style! Yes! Wait... who are these guys?!?! Why are later Gen Pokemon here?!?!

Confirmation about no Brock and Misty: Well, I already stopped caring about this movie ages ago.

Dub Announcement: Well thats cute, but is Veronica Taylor gonna be Ash?

As you can see my reactions took a nosedive to the ground. Like Digimon I grew up with the Pokemon anime as it aired. I was happy but as news started to come out I then didn't cared about the movie anymore when the new characters showed up. I wouldn't mind them if they didn't look generic and looked like they belonged in the movie because the art style made the movie look inconsistent like how Ash looks out of place in the Sun and Moon anime. Team Rocket looked like they belonged because they look like they're from the same movie as Ash but these new characters look out of place. I wouldn't care if Brock and Misty was in the movie or not. I assumed this movie takes place before Ash met any of them. Through with the case of Misty, I would assume before she joined with him in the next town because Ash saw Ho-oh after meeting Misty.

As for the Dub announcement, I dont really care about this movie at this point. The ONE thing that would have me caring for it is if Veronica Taylor voices Ash. Its been so long since she voiced Ash that I would love it if they brought her back but unfortunately I dont see it happening. I haven't been watching the anime because it got pulled from standard television and from that point you needed a cable service to watch Pokemon however at this point in time is when they changed the voice actors and she wasn't ash anymore since it got pulled. I have been watching some of the Pokemon movies that came out over the years but there has been so many since then that I just stopped. You know, one thing that would be interesting is if they brought back the old Pokemon theme for this movie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123